A Usual Night

It's Not You I Love

Hyoyeon was in the middle of preparing Eunhyuk's dinner as fast as she could since she knew he was about to come home any minute. She was putting the finishing touches as the door opened. Hyoyeon rushed to Eunhyuk as he roughly took off his shoes. She tried to help Eunhyuk take off his jacket but he swatted her hands away. 

"Welcome home baby." She said. "How was work?" 

"Lousy. Is my dinner ready?" He hissed at her. 

"Yeah. It's over there." She pointed at the dining room table. 

Eunhyuk walked over to the table and sat down. Hyoyeon quickly followed and sat in the chair in front of him. She made sure she ate before he came home since she knew that he didn't like it when she ate with him. 

Hyoyeon nervously watched Eunhyuk slurp the hot soup. He smacked his lips to take in the taste better then he slammed the spoon down on the table. 

"What the hell is this!" Eunhyuk yelled to the frightened Hyoyeon. "Why is it so tasteless?" 

"Babe I'm sorry. I'll remake the soup." She stuttered. 

"Forget it! My appetite is ruined. I'm going to bed." Eunhyuk went to the bedroom and slammed the door. 

Hyoyeon sighed as she looked at the untouched food. She got up and started cleaning the table. She put the food in containers to save for herself only since she knew that Eunhyuk liked his food freshly prepared. After she washed the dishes she made her way to her and Eunhyuk's bedroom. She opened the door and found Eunhyuk tucked under the blankets. He wasn't asleep yet, he lifted his head to see who the person was. When he saw Hyoyeon he just put his head back down. Hyoyeon walked to Eunhyuk's side. 

"Eunhyuk I'm sorry about the soup." She said so faintly it was quieter than a whisper. "I'll remake it and I'll even-" 

"It's fine." Eunhyuk coldly cut in. 

"But babe, I'll-" Before she could finish Eunhyuk got up and slapped her to the floor. 

Hyoyeon held her cheek and tried to hold back her tears. 

"Can't you see I'm trying to sleep!" Eunhyuk yelled. "Do whatever you want with the soup! Pour it over your head for all I care, just be quiet!"  Eunhyuk pulled the blanket over himself again and turned away from Hyoyeon. 

Hyoyeon made her way to the bathroom, once the door was shut completely she let out her sobs. She rinsed the tears off her face  and looked at her cheek. It was red but she was so used to it, she could barely feel the pain. 

She walked out of the bathroom and found Eunhyuk fast asleep. She carefully tucked herself in next to him trying her hardest not to wake him up. She faced away from Eunhyuk's direction and quietly started crying again. As usual, she cried herself to sleep.