Comfort

Night Prince

 

 
 
The dining room was alive with laughter and conversation as the vampires dined on the marvelous feast set out by the King. Kyungsoo stirred his soup absentmindedly while occasionally glancing up to acknowledge the questions directed at him, Baekhyun nudged him softly after a few minutes. 
 
"What bothers you?" Baekhyun inquired leaning closer, Kyungsoo managed a small smile he knew Baekhyun would catch on, not much passed the boy about Kyungsoo and it wasn't going to change anytime soon. He glanced around the table and once he was sure everyone's attention was elsewhere he recounted what happened between him and Jongin monotonously. 
 
Baekhyun gave his hand a reassuring squeeze and Kyungsoo tried to shrug it of as if it didn't affect him. This only made Baekhyun pull Kyungsoo closer to him hugging him with one arm as he tried to comfort the young prince, Kyungsoo leaned into the touch only pulling away when someone cleared their throat intentionally. The two looked up and as usual the Do royals and attendants looked amused by the two, Kyungsoo's sister in law raised her glass tipping it slightly in the direction Yifan sat. Kyungsoo held back a groan,
 
"Is he looking?" He asked Baekhyun who shook his head, Kyungsoo was about to look to confirm it when Baekhyun continued.
 
"He's glaring,"  
 
 
-
 
 
"Jongin," 
 
All Chanyeol received was a growl and an angry swipe to his outstretched hand,
 
"Jongin-" the wolf's eyes narrowed, hackles raising threateningly. 
 
'Leave before I attack you,'
 
Chanyeol sighed but nodded backing up, he knew he could take on the younger wolf but just for today he would respect his wishes. They were all grieving in their own way.He picked up his bow and headed out, he was missing their doe-eyed friend.
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo heard it before it happened, the crickets and toads fell abnormally silent outside his window before a small whooshing sound fill the air. He tilted his head just in time before an arrow embedded itself deeply in his bed's headboard. Kyungsoo turned angrily pulling on the arrow and smoothening out the note it carried.
 
I miss you
 
His anger completely disappeared and a fond smile made its way onto his face as he approached his balcony. He sought out the brown head of hair among the shrubs and bushes and mentioned for him to stay put. Chanyeol nodded eagerly and Kyungsoo grabbed his clock throwing it on in a hurry, he opened his door letting out a yelp as he came face to chin with someone, he tilted his head up.
 
"Tao," Kyungsoo breathed out relieved, the hunter grinned before taking in his clothing.
 
"Are you going somewhere?" 
 
Kyungsoo nodded, 
 
"Will you stand guard my door for me and tell everyone I do not wish to be disturbed?" 
 
Tao frowned, 
 
"I would feel much better if I accompany you," 
 
Kyungsoo shook his head,
 
"I must go alone, but I promise I'll return as soon as I can," 
 
Tao sighed seeing the stubbornness in Kyungsoo's eyes.
 
"Very well," Tao bit his lip preventing the smile that threatened to cross his face when the prince let out a happy exclamation, he wondered how two princes could be so different.
 
"Hurry off before I change my mind." 
 
Kyungsoo nodded thanking him before running off.
 
 
 
"Yeol?" 
 
Kyungsoo was engulfed from behind, arms tightening around his body as a nose was pressed against his neck breathing in deeply. 
 
"If perfection had a scent Kyungsoo it would undeniably be yours," 
 
Kyungsoo laughed before turning in Chanyeol's arms returning the embrace, he buried his face into the warmth happily. Chanyeol always had a positive effect on him.
 
"I must disagree Baekhyun smells much better,"
 
Chanyeol chuckled deeply, 
 
"Baekhyun smells spoilt," he commented making Kyungsoo giggle before he sighed pulling away so he could look at Chanyeol properly, 
 
"You never cease to make me smile Chanyeol, it will break my heart to leave you behind," Kyungsoo said truthfully, he lowered his head but his hands gripped onto the fabric of Chanyeol's shirt tightly. Chanyeol stilled before placing his hands over Kyungsoo's chilled ones loosening them so he could hold onto them instead. It was at times like this that Chanyeol was reminded of how Kyungsoo was in fact younger than he was. 
 
"If you ask of it Kyungsoo, I will go." 
 
Kyungsoo's head snapped up eyes widening as he shook his head. 
 
"I will ask you to do no such thing!" Kyungsoo cried scandalized that Chanyeol would even offer to put his life in danger, Chanyeol pouted.
 
"But Baekhyun-" 
 
"Is only going because he is a vampire! You will be killed as soon as you cross the border!" Kyungsoo cut off Chanyeol's protest, eyes starting to water.
 
"I can't loose you Chanyeol!" The prince's voice broke, Chanyeol's pout vanished and he pulled the younger into another hug. He kissed the top of Kyungsoo's head feeling guilty that he caused the usual stoic boy to cry.
 
"I know Kyungsoo, I know," he whispered repetitively, "I wouldn't deliberately put myself in danger not after all the pain you took in protecting me, but you must understand you're the only reason I'm alive today. You almost got killed by Wu Yifan because of me, you can't just expect me to stay here while he takes you away,"
 
Kyungsoo remained silent,
 
"Let's not talk about this," Chanyeol finally said taking Kyungsoo's hand into his, "it's almost midnight and you know what happens during midnight in your meadow,"
 
Kyungsoo lifted his head,
 
"Moonflowers?" He asked hopefully. Chanyeol nodded,
 
"They must have known you'd be out tonight, they're not going to bloom for another five moon cycles." 
 
Kyungsoo smiled cheekily mood lifted in mere seconds,
 
"I do not feel like walking that far," he stated seeing if Chanyeol would get what he was implying, he did. The taller boy grinned crouching down in front of Kyungsoo,
 
"My body is at your disposal, my prince," 
 
Kyungsoo climbed onto Chanyeol's back wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's neck as the boy stood up,
 
"Tell me when you're tired and I'll get off," Kyungsoo said purposely blowing air onto Chanyeol's exposed neck. The boy jerked dangerously almost throwing Kyungsoo off.
 
"Don't do that!" He growled tightening his grip around Kyungsoo's legs. Kyungsoo laughed before he lowered his head to rest on Chanyeol's shoulder, he pressed their cheeks together breaking out into a contented smile.
 
"Yeol,"
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Thank you,"
 
-
 
 
Baekhyun crossed his arms trying to stare down Tao which was close to impossible, 
 
"When Kyungsoo said everybody he didn't mean me," the boy tried to explain to Tao who didn't even lift his gaze from the sword he was cleaning. 
 
"His Highness does not wish to be disturbed," Tao repeated for the fifth time, Baekhyun let out an annoyed huff before he closed his eyes stilling completely earning looks from a passing guard. Baekhyun's eyes snapped open when he felt Kyungsoo's absence behind the walls,
 
"Where did he go?"
 
Tao shrugged, Baekhyun's temper flared.
 
"Listen here hunter, if something happens to Kyungsoo I will personally-"
 
Tao rolled his eyes, 
 
"He's out with the boy from the tree,"
 
Baekhyun blinked, 
 
"What boy from the...." He trailed off shocked, Tao smirked.
 
"I'm sure Kyungsoo will be safe with him after all he isn't so defenseless is he?" He continued making clawing motions with his free hand.
 
Baekhyun gritted his teeth nodding curtly before turning leaving behind Tao and his infuriating grin.
 
 
-
 
 
Chanyeol lowered Kyungsoo gently, 
 
"We're right on time," the prince whispered not wanting to disrupt the quiet night as the white petals started to unfurl, Kyungsoo breath caught as the petals fully opened. The white tinted petals once exposed to the moonlight turned translucent reflecting the starry sky above them. 
 
Chanyeol stared at Kyungsoo, at the boy that he could never fully have, the boy he had loved but had given up when he found out Jongin had also liked him. Although it hurt Chanyeol was satisfied, he still had Kyungsoo by his side and knew the boy loved him enough to almost die for him. He watched as Kyungsoo's eyes lit up with pure joy even though he had already seen the blooming a few times before and that's when he decided he would follow Kyungsoo. He wasn't going to give up this time. Kyungsoo didn't need to know of his decision, not yet at least.
 
Kyungsoo turned to him and  Chanyeol grinned when the younger's cheeks tinted red embarrassed at being stared at. He briefly wonder how it was possible for vampires to blush before he chuckled wrapping an arm around Kyungsoo.
 
"You always stare," the prince muttered shyly
 
"You only have yourself to blame," Chanyeol half-teased basking in Kyungsoo's light laughter that followed.
 


A//N: hey guys just a quick update before I go into a short hibernation aka time to finish assignments! I'll be backkkk I promise ;p