Crimson and Red

Night Prince

Baekhyun returned before the moon was at its peak, it only took him one guess to find Kyungsoo.

“Why are you here alone?” he questioned as he approached the window Kyungsoo was half dangling out from. The younger didn’t even react to his voice choosing instead to gaze forlornly into the dark horizon.

Baekhyun sighed and placed a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder giving it a small squeeze.

“I’m not going to pretend I’m happy with your decision, but I will accept and support it if that’s what you want,”

Kyungsoo kept silent,

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Baekhyun said withdrawing his hand, “Goodnight,”

He turned about to leave when he felt a strange pull of air, his heart dropped and he spun around feeling his legs almost give way when he saw the empty ledge.

“KYUNGSOO!”

He tore the door open bolting down the tower stairs as fast as his body would allow him to. He made it out seconds after Kyungsoo’s body hit the ground, the younger boy remain on the ground motionless.

His eyes flickered from brown to crimson and lifted to meet Baekhyun’s wide eyes,

“Don’t cry, Baek,” he whispered painfully, eyes fighting to stay open.

“You know that a mere fall can’t hurt me,”

“A mere fall can’t hurt you,” Baekhyun hissed furiously as he cushioned Kyungsoo’s head gently on his lap, “but a fall from that height and you not landing properly can injure you severely! Damn it, Kyungsoo, you idiot! You’re bleeding!”

“How ironic,” Kyungsoo said before his eyelids shut.

Fortunately Baekhyun’s yell had already captured attention and servants were already gathered to lift Kyungsoo up.

Baekhyun stood about to follow but a hand stopped him, tightening painfully around his bicep.

“Did you push him?”

Baekhyun saw red, he wrenched his arm out of the hold and swung it forward punching Yifan right across the jaw.

“I would never hurt, Kyungsoo. If you ever make such an assumption again I won’t let you off so easily!”

Yifan rubbed his jaw and someone patted his back sympathetically. Seungsoo let out a sigh,

“I apologise on Baekhyun’s behalf, this isn’t the first time this has happened.”

“It isn’t?”

“This has happened three times and all in Baekhyun’s presence, the poor boy must be going crazy. I suggest you stay away from him until Kyungsoo wakes up,” Seungsoo said before going to check up on his younger brother.

-

Kyungsoo’s eyes snapped open, something woke him up. He sighed,

“Don’t cry, please don’t cry Baek,”

Baekhyun released Kyungsoo’s hand and leaned back in his chair. He stared at Kyungsoo silently for a few seconds.

“Why do you always do this to me?” he asked sounding pained, “every single time! Why me?”

He ran a hand through his hair frustrated.

“You have no idea of the nightmares I’ve had because of you. You keep on falling but in my dreams you never recover, you stay lifeless, bloody and broken on those rocks. Your eyes don’t open and you can’t tell me not to cry because you don’t wake up!”

Another tear ran down Baekhyun’s cheek.

“I’ve lost count of the times I’ve woken up and rushed to your bedroom to make sure you were there and you were okay, that I was only just dreaming…”

Baekhyun buried his face in his palms as his voice broke off unable to continue. There was sounds of shuffling followed by a soft groan, Baekhyun peaked through his fingers. Kyungsoo was trying to sit up struggling to reach out for him, he sighed thoroughly exhausted.

“Don’t move, I’ll come to you,” Kyungsoo managed a small smile as Baekhyun slipped under the covers beside him cautiously.

“I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo said softly.

“I was overwhelmed, I felt as if I was letting everyone down and I couldn’t handle everyone being upset with me especially you.”

“Kyung-“

“Let me finish, Baek. I’m sorry for always making you worry, but falling is the only way I can recover. It’s as if the fall knocks some sense into me. It might sound crazy, but even now although my body’s in pain I feel a thousand times lighter than I did before. I know what to do now, I have no doubts.”

“You crazy bastard,” Baekhyun spat out but his arms wrapped around Kyungsoo’s healing body carefully.

“I’m coming with you,”

“What?”

“I’m coming with you,” Baekhyun repeated determined as he held onto Kyungsoo’s hand.

“But you hate the hunters! You’ll be miserable surrounded by them,” Kyungsoo protested weakly.

“As long as we’re together I’ll be happy. You’re the only reason I stayed, Soo and you’ll be the only reason I’ll leave,”

Kyungsoo squeezed Baekhyun’s hand.

“Thank you,” he whispered moved.

He turned to look out of his window the sun was starting to rise and Baekhyun’s eyes began to droop, Kyungsoo ran a hand through Baekhyun’s hair soothingly.

“Go to sleep Baek, I know you’re tired.” Baekhyun nodded and snuggled closer to Kyungsoo.

-

Baekhyun woke up to Kyungsoo’s voice as the younger conversed with someone else quietly. He cracked an eye open slightly making sure no one knew he was awake yet.

He made out the King by the edge of the bed, but couldn’t make out who was in the shadows until he breathed in a deep breath. He smirked and burrowed into Kyungsoo side letting out a contented sigh when the other boy played with the hair on his nape. He felt the anger that spiked up from across the room and his smirk grew. There was a small chuckle.

“Baek is like my very own cat, if he was a Were he’d be a cat instead of a wolf.” The King nodded with a smile.

“Is your cat sure he wants to accompany you to Yifan’s kingdom? We can send Hyunsik if he doesn’t want to.”

Baekhyun shot up into a sitting position startling them.

“Baekhyun!” the King scolded as Baekhyun grinned cheekily.

“Sorry,” he apologized draping himself over Kyungsoo.

“I am more than sure about joining Kyungsoo, who else will play with my hair and cuddle with me?” he beamed at Kyungsoo.

“You can ask Seungsoo,” Kyungsoo replied making Baekhyun gasp.

“No, he has stubble,” Baekhyun made a grab for Kyungsoo’s face, “I want-“

“To get off Kyungsoo so he can go relieve himself,” Kyungsoo said laughing when Baekhyun made a disgusted face and rolled off him quickly. Kyungsoo got up slowly before walking into his bathroom.

The King turned to Baekhyun,

“Are you sure you want to go? You know Kyungsoo wouldn’t love you any less if you stayed.”

Baekhyun shook his head,

“I am certain, Your Majesty. Where Kyungsoo goes I go,”

The King could only smile at Baekhyun’s unwavering loyalty, his son was always good at picking out friends.

“Your absence along with our dear Kyungsoo’s will cast our Kingdom into darkness,” the King said almost sadly as he looked around his son’s room, his eyes stopped at Yifan.

“You must allow my son to visit at least once in every two months,” he said, Yifan lower his head slightly.

“Of course, Your Majesty. I shall let him visit whenever he pleases,”

The King nodded satisfied with Yifan’s answer. Kyungsoo reappeared hand resting on his stomach, eyes lowered to the floor.

“Do you feel unwell?” Seungsoo asked his younger brother who lifted his head, they were taken back at the crimson irises that greeted them.

“I think,” Kyungsoo said slightly breathless, “that I am hungry.”

Baekhyun rushed forward to steady the younger boy,

“How stupid of us! Of course you’d be thirsty, you lost so much blood earlier on!”

Kyungsoo’s tongue ran along his upper lip as he gazed at Baekhyun almost adoringly, his eyes darted to the slender boy’s neck before lowering to his wrist.

“Baekhyun ah,” the boy froze at the purr, “you smell absolutely divine, like a lynx.”

Kyungsoo inhaled deeply and his irises turned red, The King and Seungsoo took a step back before bolting towards the door, Kyungsoo took a step forward and Baekhyun let out a cry running out as well. The door slammed shut and Kyungsoo’s face fell.

“I’m hungry!” he whined striding over to the door trying to open it, the door remained shut.

“Baek?”

“Sorry Soo, you know I’d let you feed off me but yesterday was really stressful. I still feel kind of faint!” Came Baekhyun’s voice slightly muffled through the thick wooden door.

“Seungsoo-hyung?”

“I apologise brother, but I fear I’ve come down with something. I would hate for you to fall ill.”

Kyungsoo frowned hand tightening around the doorknob.

“Your Majesty!” it was silent, Kyungsoo’s lower lip jutted out.

“Appa?”

“Why not feed off Yifan,” the King suggested voice panicked, “It would make you two much closer!”

“Yes! Yes!” Baekhyun agreed, Yifan froze Baekhyun would never allow Yifan to touch Kyungsoo let alone be in the same room as him. Only bad things could result from whatever was about to take place. 

Yifan’s eyes widened as Kyungsoo turned around slowly as if just noticing his presence, the usually calm vampire felt something akin to fear as Kyungsoo eyed him up and down. Surely it couldn’t be that bad, the others were probably just over reacting Yifan told himself.

Kyungsoo tilted his head assessing Yifan, a slow grin spread across his face and Yifan felt his bravery slip away. Yifan’s eyes darted to the window coming up with a quick escape plan, when he looked back up Kyungsoo was gone.

He jumped as a finger pressed against his neck, running down its side slowly almost teasingly. Yifan tensed up as Kyungsoo moved to stand in front of him, the smaller boy slid a hand behind Yifan’s neck pulling the taller boy down slightly. Kyungsoo eyes flickered up to meet Yifan’s before he lowered his head lips ghosting over pale skin, Yifan shuddered. He felt Kyungsoo smirk against his neck.

“Bon appetite, Yifan,” Kyungsoo whispered.



A/N: Hello hello hello!!! Hey y'all sorry if they're typos or mistakes I didn't have time to proof read this o.o