Revelation

Night Prince

The two boys came to a stop and looked around the small clearing unaware of the two dark figures approaching them from behind. Kyungsoo turned holding a hand up immediately halting their movements. He looked at the two wolves attempting to smile but failed,

“I’m sorry but can you change forms?” he asked taking a step back,

“I can’t afford to have even a bit of your scent on me,” he explained.

The two wolves turned vanishing behind trees and in their place two brunettes emerged. They took a look at Kyungsoo’s solemn face and Baekhyun’s swollen eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo made the mistake of looking at Jongin, his lower lip trembled at the concern in his eyes.

Chanyeol reached him as the first tear ran down his cheek, Jongin was by his side at the second one. He was silent but the tears kept on falling, Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun in shock as a choked sob left Kyungsoo’s mouth.

Jongin pulled Kyungsoo into a hug rubbing his back in a comforting manner. He glared at Baekhyun over the prince’s head,

“What happened? Did you steal his food again?” he asked angrily,

Chanyeol couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped him. Baekhyun’s eyes lifted to him narrowed dangerously, he froze and lowered his eyes feeling threatened.

“Kyungsoo’s engaged,”

Jongin’s arms fell to his side in shock, Kyungsoo raised his head to take in Jongin’s reaction before turning to the frozen Chanyeol. Both had their eyes trained on Baekhyun waiting for the continuation of his statement or even better a laugh because he had fooled them.

Baekhyun kept silent.

“To whom?” Jongin asked.

Baekhyun’s lips thinned into a straight line refusing to answer. Jongin’s eyes narrowed flashing red, he was never a patient one. Kyungsoo placed a hand on his shoulder forcing him to look down, his eyes slowly returned to their normal colour.

“Can we not talk about this today?” Kyungsoo asked quietly, “this will be one of the few days that I’ll actually be free before he arrives. After that it’ll be almost impossible to meet you-“

“He’d probably kill them-“

“Baekhyun!” the brunette let out an angry huff at Kyungsoo’s warning look but he stopped talking and sat down. Chanyeol and Jongin traded looks probably conversing silently.

“You’re to be wed to one of the Wu hunters,” Jongin guessed making Baekhyun scoff.

“Not just any hunter, it’s-“ the sound of approaching horses made him fall silent.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened frightened at the possibility of being caught. Chanyeol grabbed him and threw him over his shoulder before scaling the closest tree effortlessly, while Jongin and Baekhyun ran off in different directions just as three riders rode into the clearing, they slowed down taking in their surroundings.

Chanyeol tensed when he saw he emblems they wore, Kyungsoo gave his hand a soft squeeze,

“I won’t let them hurt you,” he mouthed silently calming the older boy immediately.

“When will the prince arrive?” one of the riders asked, the other two shrugged in response.

“I’m not sure but we’ll have fun waiting for him. The scent of the dogs are strong here, we could kill dozens before he arrives-“

“It’s illegal to hunt Weres in this Kingdom, the Do’s-“

“Lighten up, Huang! What they don’t know won’t hurt them. I swear sometimes I think you care for those mutts.”

Chanyeol let out a growl and Kyungsoo had to hold him down as the men paused.

The one called Hwang looked up right at Kyungsoo eyes meeting briefly before he turned away.

“Let’s get to the castle we can’t afford to stop and be attacked in an unknown territory,” he said distracting his companions from searching any further. He urged his horse forward and the other two followed.

Chanyeol let out a curse as soon as they were out of earshot.

“ing hunters!” Kyungsoo flinched at the anger in Chanyeol’s voice, if this was how he reacted to just normal hunters Kyungsoo didn’t want to be around when he found out about Yifan.

Baekhyun appeared under the tree, he waited for Kyungsoo to climb down and when he was on the lowest branch held his hands out to assist him.

“There will be more hunters in the next few day. Make sure you two stay in human form as much as possible,” Baekhyun warned the two Weres as he and Kyungsoo were about to leave. Jongin’s hand shot out grabbing onto Kyungsoo,

“Can’t you stay?” he asked, Chanyeol nodded enthusiastically.

“Yeah, who knows when we’ll see Kyungsoo next!”

Baekhyun shook his head ignoring the whine that escaped Chanyeol.

“Kyungsoo has-“

“Hyung,” Kyungsoo said softly, “I don’t want to go back tonight…”

He took a step closer to Chanyeol,

“Just for tonight,” he promised, “We can wake up early and return to the castle, no one will even know we were gone.”

Baekhyun sighed but accepted Kyungsoo’s request.

-

Kyungsoo woke up to three bodies curled around him protectively, for once in his life his usually chilled skin felt warm. His lips curved upwards in a smile and he buried his face into the crook of Jongin’s neck breathing in his musky scent.

Jongin shifted wrapping his toned arms around the smaller boy. Kyungsoo froze as a new scent assailed his senses, one foreign and threatening. He squeezed his eyes shut he knew they were surrounded, it was too late to flee. He parted his lips and bit Jongin’s neck lightly knowing he’d wake up.

Jongin’s eyes flew open briefly lowering to meet Kyungsoo’s before he sat up throwing his coat over Kyungsoo in what looked like a careless gesture. He yawned before moving to wake up the other two.

“What do you want?” Baekhyun snapped as he positioned himself in front of Kyungsoo.

“Do not speak to me like that you filthy peasant!” an unknown voice spat angering Kyungsoo.

Jongin held him down.

“Are you gentlemen lost? The way to the castle is not through here.”

“We can go wherever we want human!”

Kyungsoo felt Baekhyun stand, the hunters must have saw his eyes and the emblem he wore because there was a sudden silence and someone cleared their throat,

“Lord Byun, I apologize we did not know you’d be among these-“

“What’s going on here?” a new voice asked,

Baekhyun let out a hiss notifying Kyungsoo of the identity of the newcomer. Chanyeol shuffled closer to Kyungsoo.

“Well, isn’t this unusual…” even covered Kyungsoo could tell Yifan was smirking.

“A Lord spending his night with two humans and-“

“A Prince,” everyone’s head whipped toward Kyungsoo who was sitting up hair tousled in every direction possible. Yifan’s smirk fell as his eyes narrowed on Jongin’s arms around Kyungsoo.

“Did your father not tell you about our engagement Prince Kyungsoo?” he asked voice shaking in anger, Kyungsoo smirked further infuriating Yifan.

“He did.”

Yifan scowled moving forward, Baekhyun let out another hiss crouching in a defensive manner,

“Baek,” Kyungsoo stood up, “don’t.”

Baekhyun glared but straightened up at the begging look in Kyungsoo’s eyes. The prince turned to the two shocked brunettes,

“You and him, Soo?” Kyungsoo nodded slowly unable to look the boy straight in the eye.

Chanyeol would have let out a heartbreaking howl if he was in another form, in human form however only a tear made its way down his face.

“Go back to the village. We’ll talk later,”

Jongin nodded face void of any emotion as he forced Chanyeol into a curt bow. Kyungsoo watched them leave before turning to Yifan and Baekhyun who were trying to stare each other down, he cleared his throat breaking their gaze.

“We do not tolerate hostility or hunting, both humans and Weres are under our protection here,” he said eyeing the hunters he saw last night, he smiled slightly at the one called Huang.

“Well I do not tolerate any form of cheating from my partner,” Yifan said almost growling.

“I’m not yours yet,” Kyungsoo said almost tauntingly as he took Baekhyun’s hand in his. Yifan watched the two walk away angrily,

“To the castle!” he barked setting his men in motion.

His nose wrinkled in distaste the smell of Weres in the area was overwhelming. He turned to look in the direction the two humans had disappeared in, but then shook the thoughts in his head away. There was no way the Prince would befriend Weres he told himself before moving off in the direction of the castle.



A//N: Hey guys sorry for the major late!late!late! update. Forgive me!!!!!!