The Wolves

Night Prince

Baekhyun burst in Kyungsoo’s room an hour after they returned to the castle totally disheveled from head to toe.

“I had to go down into the village, Jongin and Chanyeol were-“ he stopped mid speech as he took in the additional occupants in the room.

Kyungsoo smiled and tapped the empty spot on the bed beside him, Baekhyun sat down letting Kyungsoo rest his head on his shoulder something Yifan clearly did not like judging by the glare he had fixed on Baekhyun.

“I was not aware of this gathering, Your Majesty,” Baekhyun said, the King smiled at the protective tone.

“It’s nothing to worry about Baekhyun, I was just wondering why Kyungsoo did not return to the castle last night. I heard you two were found with humans,”

“Yes, they kept us quite warm,” Baekhyun joked earning chuckles from both Kyungsoo and the King.

Kyungsoo lifted his head of Baekhyun’s shoulder straightening his posture instinctively,

“Actually father after you informed me of my engagement I knew it would be inappropriate to stay alone with Baekhyun in the forest overnight, I asked two passing humans to accompany us to act as our witnesses if any problem were to arise.” Kyungsoo paused grinning at Baekhyun.

“There are enough rumors of Baekhyun and I going around so I wanted to be careful.”

The King nodded accepting Kyungsoo’s lie without a second thought.

“Well it isn’t hard to see why there are rumors about you two,” Yifan said making Seungsoo who was also there snort.

“Ah, Prince Yifan, this is quite tame to how they are usually. I would keep an eye on them if I were you, who knows they might end up eloping.”

“That sounds like a great idea!” Baekhyun exclaimed making the royals except Yifan laugh.

“Alright, I have a meeting to attend. Baekhyun please stop molesting my youngest, I’m tired of having to hire new staff because the maids faint in shock when they find you and Kyungsoo in compromising situations.”

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo burst out laughing as the King and Seungsoo left the room. Baekhyun wriggled his eyebrow suggestively inching closer to Kyungsoo.

“Seriously Baek! Stop it!” Kyungsoo pushed Baekhyun’s head away with a small laugh. He turned to look at Yifan,

“So Yifan,” he paused looking at Baekhyun who shook his head pouting.

“Baekhyun and I are going to the village today would you like to come?” Yifan’s brows furrowed,

“Do you mean the human village?”

“No, he meant the fairy-“ Kyungsoo nudged Baekhyun before he could finish his sarcastic comment. Baekhyun hissed in pain but was ignored.

“Yes the human village,” Yifan shook his head and Baekhyun had to lower his head to hide his happy smirk.

“I have not drank for almost a week and I do not wish to put your humans in danger, I hear you are quite fond of their race,” there was nothing judgmental about Yifan’s tone, he was merely stating what he had heard about the unique, warmhearted Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo nodded and stood up.

“I’ll try to return before sunset,” he informed Yifan.

“Let’s go Baek,”

The two were about to leave when Yifan grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm, the boy flinched making Yifan’s heart clench painfully. He pushed the unusual feeling away trying not to feel disappointed, after all this was the first time he had touched Kyungsoo after he almost killed him years ago.

Baekhyun looked torn between wanting to tear Yifan’s hand off Kyungsoo and comforting the slightly startled prince. He did neither.

“I won’t let my men hunt here...I promise, your human subjects will be safe especially your two friends,” Baekhyun froze at the mention of Jongin and Chanyeol. Kyungsoo stared at Yifan and when he saw nothing but sincerity in his eyes he smiled.

“Thank you,” Yifan nodded and waved them off suddenly feeling embarrassed. Baekhyun scoffed as he walked away.

“ up,” he muttered.

-

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun walked through the village, with each step they took Kyungsoo’s frown became more pronounced. Baekhyun moved closer to Kyungsoo eyes darting from left to right alert,

“It’s too quiet,” he commented, the door of one of the houses opened and something tackled Kyungsoo. He stumbled into Baekhyun who righted him.

They both looked down to the girl clinging onto Kyungsoo.

“Hello Channie, where’s Chanyeol?”

“He and Jongin-oppa were throwing a fit so Taemin-oppa had to bring them underground,” Kyungsoo bit his lip worried.

“They were getting so angry that they couldn’t control their transformations, mummy said that they had to go or else the hunters would come.” Channie continued eyes wide with excitement.

“They were transforming in broad daylight?” She nodded.

“I thought Weres could only transform late in the afternoon and at night.”

The little girl shrugged in response to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo gave her a small smile.

“You should go back in before your mama gets worried,” she pouted but nodded saying her goodbyes to the two. They made sure she was safely inside her house before moving on.

“Do you think Yifan meant what he said earlier?” Baekhyun shrugged,

“The bastard sounded sincere enough-“ he paused  “Chanyeol and Jongin are nearby,”

“I don’t think they would want to see me Baek-hyung, I’ll just go back to the castle-“

“Don’t be a coward, Soo. And they had better want to see you after all its mostly their fault-“ the two whirled around at the sound of crunching leaves.

“I didn’t hear you two come up,” Kyungsoo said unable to look the two Weres in the eye.

“Why Yifan?” Kyungsoo ignored Jongin.

“You two are getting quite good at sneaking up on us usually I would hear or smell y-“

“Don’t try change the subject, Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol growled, “are you going to marry that monster?” he demanded.

“Don’t raise you voice at him!” Baekhyun yelled outraged,

“He wasn’t talking to you Byun! Stay out of this,” Jongin said coldly.

“Or what? You’ll bite me? A scratch maybe? Why don’t you be an obedient dog and-“

”ENOUGH!” they all turned to Kyungsoo who looked furious yet upset simultaneously.

“Yes Chanyeol, I am marrying Yifan. I’ve already agreed to it and he’s already here, he’s not so bad. He’s cold but he isn’t evil.”

Kyungsoo took a step back eyes downcast but they all saw the tears pooling in his eyes.

“I know you’re all upset with me right now, but you’ll see that they will be good resulting from my decision. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go back, my fiancé is waiting.”

Chanyeol punched a tree in anger after Kyungsoo left,

“How could he marry-“

“He’s doing this for us!” Baekhyun yelled finally snapping and shocking the two, “Kyungsoo is only marrying him to protect us!”

“No,” Jongin whispered, “that’s not right, he can’t..”

“It’s too late, you know how stubborn Kyungsoo is. He won’t change his mind.”

Chanyeol was quiet deep in thought, he looked up as he realized something.

“Kyungsoo is doing this for us, but what did Yifan accept it for?”

Jongin and Baekhyun looked at him and for once couldn’t give him an answer.

 



A//N: Hey guys!! Sorry for the late update!! Since I asked in my other story I'll ask here as well, who else do you ship Kyungsoo and Kris with?????