Friends

Night Prince

Kyungsoo waited for the door to close behind Yifan, the poor prince was a stunned mess and had to be led out by one of his attendants . Kyungsoo would have apologised for his behaviour but as he wiped the small trail of blood that had managed to escape his mouth he realised he didn't regret his actions. Yifan tasted just as delicious as he smelt. His door opened a fraction, Baekhyun stood at his doorway cautiously,

"Are you full?" Kyungsoo nodded slowly and Baekhyun bounced in happily once he was sure Kyungsoo was telling the truth.

"I would never have thought I'd see the day Yifan walk away from you terrified, if only you weren't so deep in your bloodlust, you would have heard him pleading for us to open the door." Baekhyun laughed before flopping himself uselessly on Kyungsoo's bed.

Kyungsoo stretched his body inhaling deeply, he felt as if he had just been woken up,

"I feel so much stronger," he commented eyes thoughtful, Baekhyun rolled over onto his stomach staring up at Kyungsoo taking in the way he confidently held himself up as if he was invincible.

"Must be the hunter's blood," he told the prince as he sat up.

"What are we going to do today?" He asked. Kyungsoo slipped a dark coat over his body.

"Actually Baek, I was hoping you could help me... I need to leave the castle for a few hours. Two the least,"

Baekhyun groaned,

"I sense a hard day ahead of me," he muttered as Kyungsoo smiled slightly.

"Please?" The younger asked, "you know you're the only one that is capable of holding the whole court's attention. There's no other-"

"Stop your flattering lies!" Baekhyun cried secretly pleased,

"I'll do it,but don't stay out too long,"

Kyungsoo nodded stepping forward to place a gentle kiss on Baekhyun cheek,

"Thank you," he whispered brushing past his best friend and slipping out the door.

Baekhyun stood up and walked toward Kyungsoo's balcony, he peered over the railing just as Kyungsoo hoisted himself over the wall.

"Be careful!" Baekhyun hissed leaning over the railing as the younger winced body still recovering from his fall. Kyungsoo waved off Baekhyun's concern and jumped off disappearing into the forest.

-

Kyungsoo settled down on a tumbled tree trunk curtesy of a clumsy Chanyeol years ago, he trailed his fingers over the rotting wood as he waited. He didn't have to wait long, Jongin took a seat beside him staring out at the calm lake quietly. Kyungsoo paused taking in Jongin's appearance, the boy didn't look any better than he had two days ago.

"Chanyeol was worried," Jongin finally said breaking the silence, voice hoarse as if he had spent the last few hours screaming his throat raw. Kyungsoo wasn't surprised that the two wolves knew what happened, news always spread around the towns like wildfires.

"I'm fine," kyungsoo reassured, a weird look settled on Jongin's face.

"Yes, I can tell..you smell different.." Jongin broke off, Kyungsoo's brows furrowed.

"Different?"

Jongin still wouldn't look at Kyungsoo, he kicked a pebble sending it flying into the lake.

"You smell like the hunter," Kyungsoo's breath hitched,

"Yifan?" Jongin didn't answer. Kyungsoo made a move to stand not comfortable with the sudden change in the atmosphere, but remained seated when Jongin spoke up.

"Why did you agree?" Jongin asked fingers into the bark of the fallen log, it crunched under the pressure. Kyungsoo stared at his feet,

"Baekhyun told me that he told you and Chanyeol, you know the reason I agreed Jongin," Jongin shook his head,

"No, I'm asking you why you agreed to the engagement when you know," Jongin paused, "when you know how I feel about you,"

Kyungsoo froze he had hoped the Were would have never brought the topic up again, ever. He lifted his eyes surprised to find Jongin staring at him intensely, determined to get what he wanted.

"You're confused Jongin," Kyungsoo began gently, "don't confuse our friendship for something more,"

Jongin's eyes darkened angrily as he stood up, towering over Kyungsoo as easily as Chanyeol would.

"I know perfectly well how I feel about you, Prince Kyungsoo!" Jongin hissed sarcasticly, "don't you dare try and confuse me! I love you and I know you love me too!"

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin sadly,

"I love Baekhyun and Chanyeol as well, Jongin. It doesn't mean anything significant, it doesn't make you any more important"

Kyungsoo bit his lip as tears sprang to Jongin's eyes, he wanted so much to comfort the boy but he stayed still. He had to do this.

"I don't believe you," Jongin said voice unsteady, Kyungsoo could see his muscles start to contract.

"Jongin, even if I loved you do you really think we could end up together?" Jongin's hands shook and he took a step back, Kyungsoo waited for a sign that Jongin was close to shifting.

"Why should I go through all the trouble when I already have a partner? A perfect mate ," he continued nonchalantly. Jongin's eyes narrowed at the use of the word mate.

"I can learn to love Yifan just as easily as I learned to love you and Chanyeol," Jongin bent over exhaling painfully,

"Y-you don't m-mean tha-" he let out a frustrated cry backing away before turning and darting deeper into the woods. Kyungsoo slid off the log suddenly feeling weak.

"You're too kind," Kyungsoo jumped to his feet whirling around shocked. Dark eyes greeted him.

"How?" Kyungsoo couldn't even form a sentence, Yifan's guard tried to smile.

"Don't feel too bad about not noticing me follow you, I am a hunter after all. The best if I may say so myself."

Kyungsoo scrambled to think of a lie, anything to protect Jongin.

"Don't worry," the hunter said sensing Kyungsoo's inner turmoil, "I won't tell."

Kyungsoo looked at him in disbelief.

"You won't tell anybody? Including Yifan?"

The hunter nodded holding a hand over the place their still hearts laid.

"I swear,"

"Why?" Kyungsoo couldn't help but ask, the hunter smiled.

"That's my secret," Kyungsoo's brows furrowed,

"How can I trust you? How will I make sure you won't go running to Yifan?"

"You are my master as much as Yifan is," the hunter replied grinning as Kyungsoo finally understood.

"So you're saying because I'm engaged to Yifan, you're loyal to me?" The hunter nodded seriously,

"What is your name?" Kyungsoo asked the hunter he had only seen in passing.

"Huang Zitao, Your Highness,"

Kyungsoo made a sound of disapproval,

"Call me Kyungsoo, Zitao"

"Only if you call me, Tao," Kyungsoo nodded,

"Don't break my trust, Tao,"

"I wouldn't dream of getting on your bad side, Kyungsoo. I saw the state Yifan was in after you were done with him,"

The corners of Kyungsoo's lips lifted and his previous melancholic mood disappeared, he looked at Tao knowing he had just found his favourite hunter.

               -

Kyungsoo walked into the dining room alongside Tao, Yifan who was taking a sip out of his flute started coughing. Baekhyun frowned tugging at Kyungsoo arm for attention,

"Since when are you friends with the hunters?" He asked, Yifan hurried to clear his throat.

"Yes, yes, since when have you been friends with hunters?" The other prince inquired glaring at the smug looking Tao,

"Tao!" He hissed before turning to Kyungsoo, "is a bad influence!"

Baekhyun's hold on Kyungsoo tightened as he surveyed Tao from head to toe.

"Yah, Panda! I'm the bad influence in Kyungsoo's life, we don't need you or anyone else," he said proudly dragging Kyungsoo away from Tao, Tao snorted turning to Yifan who had started drinking.

"Good luck trying to consummate your marriage Yifan,"

Yifan started to choke again, Tao laughed and ducked the flute chucked carelessly in his direction. He gave them a mocking bow before exiting.

"Why do you have such a hunter?!" Baekhyun seethed scarred that he had to hear about the possibility of Kyungsoo and Yifan uniting in more ways than one.

"I honestly don't know," Yifan grumbled massaging his throbbing temple as Baekhyun glared daggers at the closed door.



A//N: hey yeommm!!!! How've you all been?????? Haha since most of you wanted a bit of kaisoooooo I tried to put a bit in 😋. Ciaoziessss!!