More truth

My Childhood Love [Exo-M Luhan]

** Sehun’s  P.O.V **

Ji Hyun felt sick afterwards so I called her mom and she went home. I felt bad seeing her cry but she’s angry with Luhan right now and I have to take that as an advantage. I may be the one looking like the bad guy here but don’t I have the right to like her just as much as Luhan?

After I confessed to her, somehow I felt a pressure in my chest. It didn’t feel as good as I thought it would feel. I think it was guilt. Why would I feel guilty? It’s not my fault , right? It’s not my fault that she found out. Why does every girl I like fall for Luhan? What does he have that I don’t? It’s like the Yoon Jung situation all over again. I sigh.

 

“Sehun-ah,” she called my name over the phone, “Let’s meet up at the park, okay?”

Of course I rode my bike as fast as I could to the park to see the love of my life. Yoon Jung and I have been friends ever since middle school. We were on our first year of high school that I decided to ask her to be my girlfriend and of course, she said yes.

I saw Yoon Jung by the swings and I tip toed behind her and started pushing the swing she was on.

“Yah! Yah!” She yelled. I was laughing and I thought she would too but her voice was monotonous, it was serious. So I stopped pushing her and she fumed her eyes on me.

I sighed, “Why’d you wanna meet up? Miss me already?” I teased, but she shook her head.

“Look, Sehun-ah,” she began, “I…I don’t think we should meet up anymore.”

I just stared at her, “LOL, but you asked me to meet here, silly.” I laughed shakily.

She sighed, “No, I mean, what we need is some space.”

I took three steps back, “See? Space, there.” I laughed shakily again.

Yoon Jung stood up from the swing and huffed heavily. She looked me in the eyes so seriously, like she was angry.

“I WANNA BREAK UP! OKAY?! GET IT NOW?!” She yelled at me. She ran away, crying, her arm covering her eyes. I knew what she meant in the first place, I just…didn’t want to accept the truth. I went to school the next day feeling depressed. Who wouldn’t feel depressed in this situation? You were together with a long-time friend then they decided to break up with you.

It was Maths class after lunch, when I walked in I felt my heart getting torn into thousands and thousands of tiny pieces. Yoon Jung was talking with him, with Luhan. She was laughing and smiling and would hit him playfully. She was acting like nothing happened yesterday. So that was why she broke up with me. For him.

Luhan and I were best friends, but there was something in him that I hated. I hated the fact that he would always be better than me. I hated the fact that he would get the girls while they would just simply walk past me like I didn’t exist. I hated the fact that he stole Yoon Jung from me.

Yoon Jung and I didn’t talk as much as we used to for the rest of the year. But we were getting older, we needed to mature and we couldn’t always live in the past, so we moved on. We became friends again and forgot about our past. I didn’t fall in love again until Luhan came back from the U.S.

 

It’s recess and I was eating in peace when Luhan comes out of nowhere and grabs the collar of my shirt. He looks angry, his eyes are fuming.

“What did you do?!” He asks me.

“What did I do? Don’t you mean what did you do?” I reply. He took me outside and upstairs to the rooftop before letting my shirt go.

“Was this your plan, huh?!” He asks, ruffling his hair.

“What? So you thought my plan was to tell Mrs Song to blurt out your name and Ji Hyun would find out? Get real, Luhan. Did you really think you could pull this off? Did you really think she wouldn’t find out? You can’t always prevent people from calling your name just so Ji Hyun won’t hear, you know. This was going to happen, anyway.” I tell him.

He sighs and plops himself down on the ground.

“Then what were you planning to do?” He asks, his hands into fists.

“Well, during this week while we were supposed to get her to like us, I was going to tell her that you’re Luhan and she would be mad at you and would turn to me for comfort.”

He looks at me furiously. Yes, I know it was evil but hey, the outcome is the same right? I didn’t tell Ji Hyun and yet she got mad at Luhan and turned to me for comfort. It’s like the plan B that I never planned.

Luhan stands up and turned his back on me, facing the door to leave.

He sighs, “You win, Sehun. You finally got what you wanted. Happy?” then he left.

I could feel my chest getting heavy, I was feeling guilty. Why?! It’s not my fault. What did I ever do? I didn’t think liking someone would be this complicated.

 

** Ji Hyun’s P.O.V **

It’s been five hours till I went home. I felt sick after all that’s happened. I touch my eyes and felt that it was puffy. I sniff, trying not to cry anymore. Suddenly, my phone rings.

“Hello?” I say.

“Yah, it’s Yoon Jung.”

“Oh, Yoon Jung-ah, I’m so glad you cal—”

“Shut up.”

My eyes widen at her response.

“What?” I ask confused.

“You were kind of stupid, weren’t you?”

“Excuse me?!” I blurt out. I could feel my headache coming back.

“Han. Luhan. Han. Luhan. Don’t you think it’s very similar?”

“What are you trying to say, Yoon Jung?”

“I’m saying that you’re a glitch, you’re a glitch in our relationship.”

“W-what are you—”

“I like Luhan, okay?! You just had to come to our school and ruin everything!” She hangs up the phone and my eyes start to tear up again. I feel like everyone’s been lying to me, betraying me, making fun of me. Luhan lied to me, and now Yoon Jung hates me. I thought she was my best friend, but guess not. There’s a knock on the door, I know it’s eomma.

“Come in,” I say, wiping my tears.

She closes the door behind her, walks over and sits on my bed beside me.

“Ji Hyun, what’s wrong?” Eomma asks, patting my shoulder.

As soon as she asked ‘what’s wrong’, I broke down crying again. I can’t take it anymore. I’m not close to my eomma as I used to but this is the time where I need her the most. I hug her tightly and she my hair.

“Now, tell me. What happened?” She slowly pulls away from the hug and wiped my tears.

“I-I found L-Luhan o-oppa,” I say, stuttering.

“But why are you crying? Aren’t you supposed to be happy?”

“Eomma, how could I be happy? He lied to me,” I answer, trying so hard not to cry at the thought.

“Oh…” She says, her expression was frantic. “…so Luhan told you everything?”

I’m confused. What does she mean if Luhan has told me everything? What is “everything”? I move away from her and crossed my arms. Now that I think about it, since we came back to Korea, it looks like she’s been hiding something. No, not even when we came back, she looked like she was hiding something even after I woke up from the coma.

 

“What do you mean he told me everything?”  I ask, raising my eye brow.

 


 

[A/N: ...and the plot thickens? :P Haha. I'm thinking how Ji Hyun and Luhan can make up for those who ship JiHan lolol~~ Thank you for reading <33]