All is well

My Childhood Love [Exo-M Luhan]

** Sehun’s P.O.V **

The rain has been going on for hours, it didn’t seem to stop.

What now? Everything’s falling apart. I lost my best friend. I lost the girl I like. I lost everything.

I kick the pebble in front of me and sat on the sidewalk.

“Aish!”

I ruffle my hair and tears start to flow down my cheeks. I grab at my chest as I gasp for air. I’m feeling hurt like I’ve never before. I didn’t even hurt this much when Yoon Jung broke up with me.

I feel a hand touching my shoulder, I look up to see who it is and found Yoon Jung standing there. I wipe away the tears quickly and stands up.

“What are you doing here?” I ask her.

“Uh, this is the way to my house. What are you doing here?”

“I’m going home,” I reply.

“Really?” She asks. “Because from what I recall, your house is at the next street”.

I examine my surroundings and mentally face palmed myself. I was in too deep of a thought that I didn’t realise where I was.

“Ahh. Right,” I embarrassingly reply, rubbing the back of my neck.

“Why are you all gloomy in the middle of the street? Are you shooting a movie or something?” She says sarcastically.

I chortle and she punches me lightly on the arm.

“You wanna just come over my house then? We can uh..talk about that problem of yours,” she tells me, smiling so widely even under this pouring rain.

We start to walk. I don’t know why we ever broke up, I mean, our chemistry is great. We just understand each other really well like no one else could. I don’t know what she sees in Luhan. Is he forever going to be better than me?

---

We arrive in front of her house after ten minutes. I haven’t been here since, well let’s just say since forever.

We step inside and her mom welcomes me with a big hug, like she would always use to do whenever I came over.

“Sehun-ah! I haven’t seen you since before your puberty. It has done you well,” she enthusiastically says.

I laugh awkwardly as I fixate my eyes on the ground. Yoon Jung nudges her eomma and then takes my hand to walk me to her room. She opens the door, I sigh and smile. Nothing has changed, same old Yoon Jung.

She motions for me to sit down next to her on the bed, and I do just as she tells me.

“So, what’s the problem?” She asks.

Is it okay to tell her? What would she think of me?

I told Yoon Jung all that has happened, all the things I did, how I lost everyone. She looks at me for a while and examined me from head to toe.

“Is this what has become of you, Sehun-ah?” She asks, folding her arms.

I shrug and bury my face in my palms. What has happened to me? And all because of a…girl? I start to sob again, I do feel embarrassed crying in front of her but she’s seen me cry before. Yoon Jung shuffles closer to me and begins to hug me. Suddenly, she lifts my face up by the chin.

“Yah, are guys supposed to cry like this?” She asks, then smiles.

I’m not in my normal state of mind right now, all I want is some comfort, someone that will tell me that it was okay I did those things. The next thing I know, I’m kissing Yoon Jung. I did miss her kiss, her touch, her face near mine. I thought she would back away but she’s actually kissing me back. I pull away.

“Yoon Jung, do you wanna start over again?” I ask awkwardly.

She tries to hold back the tears, I can tell.

“Sehun-ah…yes! Yeah, I do,” she answers before taking me into her embrace.

“You don’t like Luhan anymore, right?” I ask.

“I think it was only in my mind that told me that I liked him. The person I really is you,” she says.

So maybe things didn’t turn out bad, huh?

 

** Ji Hyun’s P.O.V **

I sigh in relief at the thought that Luhan and I finally made up. I do think that I was a bit stupid not forgiving him earlier. We both did some things that upset the other but hopefully we’ve moved passed that.

I still haven’t told him my feelings. Should I tell him though? I mean, what if it ruins our friendship? I’ve seen it happen before and it’s a scary thing.

The phone rings and I reach over to the bedside table to grab it.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Ji Hyun-ah, it’s…Yoon Jung.”

“Oh. What?”

“Can we talk?” She asks.

“Isn’t that what we’re doing right now?”

“You know what I mean. Meet up at the park two blocks from your house, okay?”

Yoon Jung didn’t say anything after that and hung up the phone. I sigh before sitting up on the edge of my bed. What does she want now? I guess I’ll have to go to find out. I grab my coat and headed out to the park.

 

I see her, sitting on the swing. I walk over to her and sit on the swing next to hers.

“Okay, start talking,” I tell her.

“Sehun told me everything,” she pauses then chortles. “And we’re back together.”

My eyes widen as I look at her? Sehun and her? Back together? I snicker. They dated and he didn’t even tell me. I can’t believe he’s moved on already, I mean, we just broke up didn’t we? Wait, why do I even care? I don’t care.

“So?” I ask her.

“Look, I’m sorry, okay? I realised that I didn’t really have feelings for Luhan, I don’t know what made me think I did but I don’t. I’m sorry for saying that you were a glitch, you’re not. Truthfully, I think you guys would look cute together. I don’t expect you to forgive me but at least try to understand.”

She stands up to leave.

“I forgive you,” I blurt out. She turns to face me.

“What?”

“I said I forgive you,” I repeat. “I may not understand fully on what’s going on in that head of yours but I forgive you. I believe every word you said and I appreciate that you’re sorry.”

I walk over to her and she hugs me.

“Thank you, Ji Hyun,” she says.

“What are friends for, right?”

 

---

I’m feeling good going to school today. Luhan and I are okay. Yoon Jung and I are okay. Sehun and I are…not okay. Yet. I do the normal morning routine, said goodbye to eomma, and off to school I went.

 

Yoon Jung, Luhan and Sehun waited for me by the school entrance. Sehun and Yoon Jung are holding hands, they do look good as a couple. But I never would’ve guessed that they’ve dated before.

“Annyeong!” They chorus, greeting me.

I give a smile and a little wave of the hand to them. I was thinking all last night that maybe it’s time to tell Luhan how I feel. I’ve kept it in for ten years and I have to take this chance. I grab Luhan’s hand to go to the garden. Yeah, sorry Yoon Jung and Sehun for leaving but this can’t wait.

When we get there, I sigh deeply. Inhaling in, exhaling out.

I hear Luhan chuckle, “Yah, why’d you bring me here?”

I can feel my heart racing faster than ever before. I gulp and huff heavily.

 

“Luhan-oppa, I…like you.”

 


 

[A/N: Sorry for the wait :3 After Ji Hyun and Luhan made up, it was kind of hard to come up with the next chapter. But I hope you guys liked this :D I am sorry to say though, that this story is coming to its end. Anyway, thank you for reading :))]