I love you

My Childhood Love [Exo-M Luhan]

Luhan stared at me as if he’s seen a ghost; his eyes widened and his jaw in a perfect ‘O’ shape. I wave my hand in front of him to grab his attention. Was I too sudden? Or, does he not want me to feel this way? He shakes his head and smiles at me.

“So, you like me?” He reassures. I nod my head up and down like a little kid.

“W-when did you start…you know?” He shyly asks.

“I’ve liked you even before we moved to the States. I know it’s stupid confessing now but I have to tell you at some point, right?” I reply, laughing so awkwardly.

We both stood there in utter silence, avoiding each other’s gaze and fixating our eyes onto something else but each other’s. This is what I’m afraid of; things getting awkward between us. I knew that confessing would lead to this. I shouldn’t have done it, but it’s too late now.

Luhan is the first one to break the silence when he finally speaks. “Me too.”

I quickly switch my attention to him and stare at him with confusion. I don’t know if what I heard was right or what but he said ‘me too’, right?

“Wait, w-what?” I ask.

He puts both his hands on my shoulders and bends down closer to my face to meet my eye level. I can feel my face blush a bright red, my palms sweating and an electric-like feeling being sent down my spine.

“Ji Hyun-ah,” he begins. “I. Like. You.”

He stands up straight again and smiles at me while he folds his arms. Me, however, is frozen on the spot. I don’t think my mind’s functioning correctly at the moment. Did Luhan just…? Did he…? I’m hearing things, aren’t I? I slowly look up at him and gulp. He flashes a smirk and takes a step closer to me.

“Now, I’m going to do something I’ve been wanting to do for quite some time now, okay?” He says.

Luhan wraps both arms around my waist and pulls me in closer making our chests touch. I don’t think I can handle this anymore, my feels are going berserk right now. I think my heart is actually going to leap out of my chest any second. He leans his face closer to mine until it is only an inch away. I close my eyes tightly.

“Here it goes,” I hear him say.

Then I feel his lips touch with mine. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to kiss him but I never really thought it would actually happen. It’s a nice feeling, his lips are soft and I can feel his warm breath brush against my lips. I pull away after five seconds.

“What’s wrong?” He asks.

“I don’t know,” I reply, feeling confused myself. “I’m…I think…I’m getting feels.”

Luhan was silent for a moment and then starts to laugh. I look down feeling embarrassed, I’m a tomato right now. I can feel my face burning.

“You’re getting ‘feels’?” He asks, pulling me back into his embrace. I nod furiously. He then pecks a kiss on the top of my head and smiles before continuing, “I wish I can be the only one to give you ‘feels’.”

I look up at him, “You are. You have been giving them to me ever since we were kids, I guess I never realised till now what those feelings were. Anyway, oppa, are we…you know.”

“I-if that’s okay with you. If it’s what you want. I mean, I don’t want our friendship to—”

“Yeah!” I interrupt. I know with us being a couple that I’m risking our friendship, we’re risking our friendship, but it’s a risk that we’re both willing to take. I think.

---

The day went by so fast because I was in a completely good mood. During lunch, Luhan told Yoon Jung and Sehun that we were now a ‘thing’ and Yoon Jung fan girled like crazy. Sehun didn’t look too happy though which reminds me, I still have to forgive him. Or maybe not?

The guys in Xiumin’s class whistled when Luhan and I walked past their class, it was kind of funny. Chanyeol didn’t look that pleased, he stared at Luhan like he was going to kill him or something. Kris came up to me and hugged me tight saying, “Ji Hyun-ah, I will still love you.” I didn’t know that he was that attached to me, but he’s a good friend.

TaeTiSeo also spoke to us at the end of school, apologising and blah blah blah. I thought it was good of them to apologise, I mean, after knocking me unconscious, locking me in the room and almost beating me up, they had every right to be sorry.  I don’t think I can forgive them just yet though.

---

The phone rings and quickly went over to answer it.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Is this the phone line of my beautiful girlfriend?”

I giggle, “Yes.” Hearing Luhan proudly calling me his girlfriend is probably the most amazing thing, it indicates that I am his and he is mine.

“How about we have our first date this weekend?” He asks.

“Didn’t we already have our first date?” I remind him.

“That doesn’t count. Okay, let me rephrase. How about we go on our first date as a couple?”

It’s a good thing he can’t see me right now because I am punching my pillows in excitement, feels are boiling, and I need to scream. But I sigh deeply, trying to compose myself.

“Y-yeah, sure.” I reply.

“Okay, then I’ll pick you up on Saturday at 6:30.”

“Alright,” I say.

“Alright, bye.”

“Bye.”

“Ji Hyun-ah.”

“Oh?” I ask.

“I love you.”

That’s it. He’s hit the spot. ‘I love you’? I can’t, I just can’t. I didn’t think being in a relationship would be this amazing. Kyaaaaaaaaaah~ It feels so nice hearing someone else other than a relative say that they love you. Once again, I take a deep sigh.

“I love you too,” I say before hanging up the phone. Good thing he’s not those type that say, “You hang up,” then I would say, “No, you hang up,” and then it would go on and on and on. Don’t you just find that extremely annoying?

---

So Luhan came by the house at 6:30 sharp on Saturday for our first official date as a couple. He took me to that arcade again and won twice as much tickets for me than the last time. He got me an even bigger teddy bear which has ‘I Beary Love you’ encrypted on its stomach.

He then took me to the amusement park and we rode almost all the rides there except the roller coaster because he was afraid of heights. I didn’t even know that, but hey, you learn something every day, right? I thought it was quite cute that he was afraid, he pouted like a little kid which just melted my heart. Sometimes I think I might be older than him. We had our second official kiss at the amusement park too, and some kid was staring at us like we were a movie so we walked away.

Luhan took me to see a horror movie afterwards, mostly because he thought I would get scared and then he would hug me for comfort. It didn’t work, by the way. I loved horror movies so his plan kind of failed, hehe. But I still hugged him.

After that, we took the bus to that Korean barbecue place we went to before, only now he doesn’t have to hide the fact that he’s Luhan. The waitress, whose name I forgot, kept looking at Luhan and I. I think she was fan girling also. Do we make that cute of a couple? Haha.

Then, after a long day, Luhan dropped me off to my house and we kissed for the third time. I don’t think I will last in this relationship, his kisses will kill me even before our first monthsary.

So here I am now, lying in bed while staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, eomma opens the door. I sit up and look at her.

“Ever heard of knocking, eomma?” I ask with a straight face.

“Sorry. Luhan and his appa are downstairs,” she tells me. She didn’t have to say anything further because she got my attention right after saying Luhan’s name. I run downstairs feeling all enthusiastic and stuff, but when I get there they both look at me with sad faces. Luhan walks up to me and holds both my hands.

 

“Ji Hyun, we’re…” he pauses. “…moving away.”

 

**********

 

[A/N: Well...unexpected, yeah? :P It was a bit abrupt? Hehehe...Anyway, this might be the second to last chapter? Who knows, lol. Hope you liked this chapter~]