Chapter-slash-epilogue

My Childhood Love [Exo-M Luhan]

“What? What do you mean you’re moving away?” I try to hold back the tears.

“Appa got a job in China, a better job, Ji Hyun. It’s probably going to make our lives better as well, but…I don’t want to leave you,” he explains, then hugging me. Right then, I ball my eyes out and just cry to my heart’s content. He’s moving away? But we just got together. Does he have to go away? I wonder if he felt this way when I left him ten years ago.

Luhan’s dad pats his shoulder and eomma my hair. I don’t want Luhan-oppa to leave. No! He pulls away and cups my cheeks, wiping away my tears with his thumbs. He then kisses my forehead.

“I’m sorry, Ji Hyun, but this move will benefit in Luhan’s education,” his dad says.

I understand that it’ll make their lives better, but why is it so sudden? Is this our fate? Are we not meant to be? What if he finds another girl in China, I mean, he is Chinese after all. I might go into paranoia, go insane, have a mental breakdown or something of that sort. I’ve loved him for ten years and is this how we’re supposed to end? I thought we’ve passed all the drama, I guess I was wrong.

I hold back the tears and try to be strong.

“W-when are you moving?” I ask.

Luhan frowns, “Two days.”

“TWO DAYS?!” I yell.

“I asked your mom if I could stay here tonight and she said agreed to it.” He says.

“But I don’t just want you here for the night, I want you here forever,” I sniff.

Again, he takes me into his embrace; hugging me tighter than before.

---

Two days went by faster than I thought because Luhan and his family are going away in two hours. During the time Luhan stayed for the night, I just cried and cried. I held onto him for as long as I could and didn’t let him go from my embrace until his parents came and picked him up.

“I would come back for you.” That’s what he said to me; that’s what he promised me.

So now we’re here, at the airport, me crying like a baby, Luhan hugging me like an over protective mother. Everyone’s probably looking but I don’t care. He’s moving away, for goodness’ sake! The boy I loved in my childhood and the same boy I still love today is moving away just when we started going out. Life’s unfair.

“Why do you have to go?” I ask, my head buried in his chest.

“I don’t want to go but I have to, they’re my only family,” he replies.

 

While we waited for them to board, I was just sitting next to Luhan, resting my head on his shoulder with his arm wrapped around my waist. This is so unexpected, right? I feel like my life’s a book and the author is making fun of me; making my life harder than it already is.

“Luhan, we have to board,” his eomma says.

We look at each other, possibly for the last time, and I try so hard not to cry anymore. I hug him so hard that his ribs could be shattered but at this moment, I don’t really care, I don’t care about anything as long as he’s with me. Luhan pulls away and plants a kiss on my lips ever so gently, possibly our last kiss ever.

“I will come back for you,” he says as he enters the departing area. “I promise.”

Aaand…that’s it. He’s gone. Out of my life again.

---

Five years later…

“Yah, Ji Hyun! Get up! OXE’s on TV!” my very annoying roommate shouts. I huff irritated and get out of bed and into the living room. Oh, OXE’s this boy group, by the way. Remember when I mentioned my favourite group, EXO, like forever ago? Yeah, well OXE’s is in the same company. Haha, creative name, huh? Pretty stupid.

I sit on the couch in front of the TV with Hae Yung and watch as OXE guests in this show called Before School Club. I think they pre-record these kind of things so who knows what this group is doing right now.

Hae Yung laughs at what the host says, I’m just sitting here though, smiling. Why? Funny thing you should ask because Luhan is in the group. Yeah, weird, right? I didn’t know that he was a performer.

 

“Ji Hyun-ah.” My eomma knocked on the other side of the door.

I refused to eat or go outside or go to school for a whole week and a half. I stayed in my bed room just sulking. It was pretty reckless because once you thought about it, crying for more than a week just because someone has moved away isn’t really a normal thing to do.

Well, it was normal for me.

 

“Ji Hyun,” Hae Yung snaps. I turn my head to look at her.

“What?” I ask.

“You seem pretty dazed,” she replies.

I just laugh awkwardly, “No, I just suddenly thought of something.”

I wonder if Luhan thinks about me sometimes, he said he would come back for me but it’s been five years. We used to Skype all the time but nowadays all I get is a one sentence message. I do feel like we’ve grown apart a bit but we’re still together. Can you believe that? After five years and we’re still together.

I switch my attention back to the TV and just concentrate on watching.

“So, are all of you single?” The host asks.

The members laugh and all look at Luhan.

“Luhan’s not,” Tao says.

Remember Tao? We used to go to school with that kid, who knew that he could perform too.

Luhan shyly laughs and nods. “Yeah. We’ve been touring in China for a couple of months and now we’re back in Korea. But I haven’t had the time to see her.” Luhan looks straight into the camera but I feel as if he’s looking straight at me.

“Yah, I love you,” he says. The other members laugh to themselves because of how corny Luhan sounded to them.

Suddenly, the buzzer to our dorm buzzes.

“Can you answer it, Ji Hyun-ah? I don’t wanna miss any minute of the show,” Hae Yung says. I laugh as I roll my eyes and walk towards the door.

When I open it, my knees weaken and my heart stopped for a second. My breathing got heavier and I don’t know whether I’m going to cry or not. I waited for this for five years, five years, okay?!

Luhan stands there smiling at me.

 

“Hi…”

 


 

[A/N: Dun dun dun~! It has ended :O Sorry for making you wait. I guess the ending is kind of an open ending, or for some of you maybe it's not, I don't know. Hehehe...omg, this fan fic was short, right? But thank you so so much for reading and supporting my first fan fic, ahhhhh~ I will try to make my future fan fics longer..and speaking of future fan fics..Please read and support my next fan fic, "Heartthrob Snob", too :D Haha. Anyway, My Childhood Love is finished. THANK YOU THANK YOU  again for reading <33 Byee~]