Sports Carnival

My Childhood Love [Exo-M Luhan]

We all trained so hard for three days to prepare ourselves for the sports carnival, and now, our hard work will be put to test.

I wear an orange t-shirt and black shorts for the sports carnival, and tied a bandana around my head. This is it; today, I get to run and compete. How exciting.

I head downstairs and sat on the couch to put on my running shoes. Eomma approached me handing to me my lunch for the day, I notice that her hand is a bit shaky. I look up at her to see that she was looking kind of pale.

“Yah, eomma, are you okay?”

“I’m fine, I just need some sleep , that’s all.” She replies.

“Don’t overwork yourself, you’re always doing things around the house even when it’s not necessary.  Today, get some rest, okay?”

She nods and I watch her as she walk back into the kitchen.

“I’ll be going,” I say before heading out.

 

I arrive at school and saw how colourful it was; one class is wearing pink, one class is blue, one is green and so on and so on, but of course, our class decides to wear orange.

The hall has never been so packed, everyone’s chatting here and there ensuring that their class will win. I already know for a fact that our class is sure to win this year, I think.

I get inside our classroom and I see Han sitting on one of the desks talking to one of the people in class. He’s also wearing orange, his hair is styled in a quiff, no bangs today, and I notice that he’s got … his ear pierced? I walk over to him just to make sure and looked at his ears for a while.

Han notices me, “Something wrong?”

I shake my head and looked at him.

“You got your ear pierced? And two of them?” I ask.

He gestured for the guy he was talking to, to go and turned to me.

“Yeah, I thought that I might change my image,” he replies.

I just nod slowly.

“I like how you looked before,” I whispered, murmuring under my breath.

“What?” Han asks.

“Oh, nothing. Are you doing any events today?”

“I signed for football, I’ll be playing with my other friend over there,” he says as he points to the person in the front talking to some guy.

“Xiumin!” Han called him.

The guy, who now I know is named Xiumin, turns to us and he waved the other guy goodbye.

“What’s up?” He says to Han.

“Xiumin, this is Ji Hyun. Ji Hyun, this is my other friend, Xiumin.” He introduces me.

I bow to him, “Annyeong.”

“Annyeong, Ji Hyun,” Xiumin says and bows too.

I didn’t notice before but he was wearing a blue t-shirt. Xiumin is a bit shorter than Han, he’s probably around the same height as the ‘troll’ Chen, whom I met weeks ago. Xiumin’s also really good looking, have I mentioned before about this school having unlimited supply of good looking guys? But anyway, that’s true.

“So, what class are you in?” I ask Xiumin.

“I’m in class 3A, we’re in the room next to yours,” he answers. “Do wanna see it?”

I nod and follow him outside into the next room, Han joins us as well.

He points to the people in his class.

“The one talking to each other in the far corner is Kai and D.O, the one taking his photo over there is Tao,” he begins. “The one playing the guitar is Lay and the one singing with him is Baekhyun. The one over there by the window reading is Suho, he’s the class president, by the way. Oh, that one that is now photo bombing Tao’s photo is Chen…”

I look at Tao’s direction when he mentioned the familiar name, ‘Chen’. I laugh as he makes a funny facial behind Tao.

“Hm, where are the other two?” Xiumin wondered. He was looking around and turned his glance to our right. I look where he is looking and saw two familiar faces.

“Oh! And those two are Kris and Chanyeol,” Xiumin continued.

Kris and Chanyeol stopped to where we were. Ahh yes, Kris, I remember. He’s the one that kissed my hand when we first met, he seems really nice and again, he’s totally handsome. I then look at the person beside him. Ugh! Him. Chanyeol, the one, whom I recall, solves his problems with violence.

“We meet again, Ji Hyun-ah,” Kris says to me. He reaches out to grab my hand, and like the last time, he kisses it. Me, on the other hand, is blushing like crazy.

I hear Chanyeol snicker. “You’re actually blushing?” I hear him say.

I’m so embarrassed.

“Let her be,” Kris defends me. “Let’s just go inside.”

He and Chanyeol walks inside their classroom and Kris waves me a goodbye.

“So you’ve met them before, huh?” Xiumin asks. I nod.

They’re all guys in the classroom, yet our class won in the sports carnival last year. But then again, how can they win when one person keeps taking selcas, one has no interest but in reading, one just plays the guitar and blah blah blah.

---

The first event is football and so Han bid me goodbye before he went down to the field.

“Good luck. Fighting!” I tell him.

 

Half way through the match, everyone is cheering and jumping up like crazy. Sehun and Yoon Jung come up to sit beside me.

“Yoon Jung.” I say. She turns to face me and puts on a smile, a smile which almost seems forced.

“Annyeong,” she says to me in a monotonous voice.

I sigh and replied, “Annyeong.”

I look back at the football match and just at that moment Han scores a goal. He formed the biggest smile on face as he jumped up and down. The goal that he scored concludes the football match.

After five minutes he walks to us and I high-five him.

“Wah~ That was a good kick,” I compliment Han. He smiles and ruffles my hair like I was some seven year old.

“Next event is the 400m race. Everyone participating in this event, please come down within five minutes,” I hear the voice in the speaker say.

I turn to them, “I’ll just go wash up quickly, okay?”

 

I wash my face and look at myself in the mirror. “You can do it, Ji Hyun. You can win for your class and show them what you can do.”

I head out the toilet and suddenly, TaeTiSeo appears in front of me. Before I could say a thing, Seo Hyun signals Tae Yeon and Tiffany to drag me inside the old sports shed where they used to keep the sporting equipment. I hear them lock the door on the other side.

“Yah! Let me out! Let me out!” I yell.

“You can stay in there until someone finds you…” I hear Seo Hyun say from the other side of the door. She snickers before continuing, “…if someone finds you.”

I hear her walk away, laughing with Tae Yeon and Tiffany.

“Someone! Help!” I shout on the top of my lungs. “Please.” I continue my voice sounding shaky.

I look down at my wrist watch and there’s only two minutes left till the race starts.

Someone. Anyone. Please. Find me.

 

** Luhan’s P.O.V **

“What’s taking Ji Hyun so long?” I ask Sehun and Yoon Jung.

“Beats me,” Yoon Jung replies.

I can’t take it anymore. I’m pretty sure she would have been back by now.

I know Ji Hyun, she wouldn’t take this long just to wash up.

“I’m gonna look for her,” I say before standing up.

I head inside the school building and started to run around calling her name.

“Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun!”

I checked the female’s toilet before but didn’t find her.

“Ji Hyun-ah! Where are you?!”

 

** Ji Hyun’s P.O.V **

“Help me, pl..e..a..se~” I say. My voice is cracking, I’ve been screaming non-stop. I don’t think I can scream anymore.

Out of the blue, I hear,

“Ji Hyun-ah!”

I stand up and tried to scream but my throat hurt like crazy. I can hear someone running outside on the other side of the door and so I bang on the door as hard as I could.

Please find me, whoever you are.

After a few minutes, the door barged open. My knees weaken and I was about to collapse on the floor when the person catches me. I look up to see who it was.

“Han,” I say, although it sounded like no word at all came from my mouth. I spoke so quietly because of my throat.

“H-how did you find me?” I ask.

“Wherever you are, I will always find you.”

My eyes widen after he said those words. At that moment, I couldn’t help myself but to cry. I cried for no reason in front of Han. He wipes the sweat off my forehead and we just stood there, me being wrapped in his arms.

 

** Luhan’s P.O.V **

I was still running around searching for her.

“Ji Hyun-ah!” I shout once again.

I saw Seo Hyun and her friends walking back, I think they came from the old sports shed, and I asked her if she has seen Ji Hyun.

“I don’t know anyone named Ji Hyun. Sorry, Luhan,” she replied to me.

She was about to link arms with me but I continue off running.

Suddenly, I heard loud banging coming from inside the old sports shed. When I went to open it Ji Hyun collapsed but I caught her.

She called my name ever so quietly and asked, “How did you find me?”

“Wherever you are, I will always find you,” I replied.

At that moment, she just broke out in tears and I wipe away the sweat on her forehead. She might be coming down with a fever.

I was hesitating for a moment.

“Ji Hyun-ah, um, about your childhood friend…” I began to say.

She looked up to meet my gaze, I saw in her eyes how tired she was, how hurt she was.

 

I continued, “…I have…to tell you something.”

 


 

[A/N: I don't know whether this story is interesting or what, but I hope you like it :3 Thank you for reading <3 VOTE, COMMENT or SUBSCRIBE if you like this chapter~~]