Chapter 2

Neighbors 2: The Change/ Second Chance

Chapter 2!

 

 

Whistling on my way home… smiling at the thought of seeing her again.

 

“What’s gotten into you Oppa? You seemed so happy.”

 

“Oh, Sunny, guess what?”

 

Sunny, was two years younger than me. She knew about Hyoyeon. She knew about my love story.

 

“What?” She asked.

 

“You’ve been asking me to stay right? Even just for awhile?”

 

“Yeah, but you told me that you don’t want to stay here ‘coz it’s far from your work and—”

 

“I’ll stay.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You heard it right. You want me here for a while, so I’m giving you what you want. I’ll stay.”

 

“No, no, no. Spill it, Oppa. I know you, tell me.”

 

I could not help myself. I guess my excitement was too much that my sister readily noticed. I couldn’t feign what I’m presently feeling.

 

“Okay, okay, you won’t believe who I saw just now. Even me… God… it was unexpected Sunny.”

 

We were in the veranda now. I continued by telling her everything. How I strolled and occupied that wooden bench in the park. How everything seemed fine until I heard her laugh. How I tried extending our moment by walking her home.

 

I was relating all these to my sister, who seemed to be equally happy as I am. It’s just that, I could sense her hesitation… doubt… worry….

 

“Wow! You must be really lucky today Oppa! Out of all the girls you dated, yet you see Hyoyeon here. Gosh, that was really something. It’s been what? Three years and who would have thought that her brother is living here, too. Now, I understand why you’re acting like this. Hahaha!”

 

“I know and look at the odds, Sun. Out of the many places in the world and out of the many possible chances, it’s here. But really… seeing her, ah, I couldn’t even come up with the right words. I’m super happy & shocked. And it’s really exciting ---”

 

“And scary.”

 

This time, I looked at my sister, with questioning eyes.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

She sighed then placed her glass of cold water in the table. She straightened her skirt then gazed back at me.

 

“Oppa, didn’t she said that some things have changed?”

 

“Yeah, she said it but isn’t it true. Sun, it’s been three years. I know that a lot of things changed.”

 

“But have you ever thought of what kind of changes she’s talking about? Maybe, she was just being polite earlier. Didn’t you think of that Oppa?”

 

================

 

Walls painted in turquoise.

 

The four-poster bed was gone. Instead, I had a queen-size bed clothed in sheets of white and blue.

 

Everything in this room was new. It had none of my previous things. It lacks the once familiar features.

 

The pictures in my drawer, the set of perfume bottles, and the journal that I once kept… they are all gone.

 

Time and possessions… they change too. Surprisingly, life has its way of rebuilding… of healing.

 

What I went through. What I endured after leaving everything was now part of my past.

 

For numerous times, I had a bitter taste of my equally bitter past. The first time had me waiting. I have no plans of waiting again this time. So, after recovering from the accident, I did my best to change everything- my mindset, my attitude, my preferences, everything that reminded me of my former self I tried altering… it was hard  but seeing new faces while I tried to regain strength was enough inspiration to move on… to forget.

 

I never wanted my past to haunt me again. I was happy. For three years, I managed to find new ways to live. I was able to meet new friends.

 

But seeing Junho… seeing him again reminded me of what I longed to forget.

 

While we’re walking… I can feel how happy he was… but he has this mixture of nervousness & joy when he saw me.

 

Why does it look so easy for you Junho?

 

Looking at him… it seemed that nothing changed. He may have aged but the way he smiles and flashes that smirk, it was so compelling, remembering it now led to a few good memories.

 

He’s still so handsome…

 

 I shook my head in disbelief upon hearing my own thoughts. It looks like despite my change, Junho will always be a truth that I cannot evade.

 

I was looking outside the window and saw the white picket fences. The marbled pathway where he stood was merely an echo of what had occurred.

 

I was deep in my thoughts… reliving everything when my phone rang.

 

I softly smiled seeing the name….

 

“Hey, baby, I’m fine. I miss you, too.”

 

 Change… now you’re talking.

 

 

***************

 

I guess most of you have an idea already of who was that "baby" Hyoyeon was talking to in the phone.

If you don't, then just wait of the next chapter it will be revealed there!^^

But for now don't forget to Comment,Subscribe & Upvote for this story!!!