Chapter 11

Neighbors 2: The Change/ Second Chance

Chapter 11!

 

 

When he left, I felt like there was something missing. When he was saying sorry, it sounded sincere but maybe… what I can’t accept is the fact that it was--- it felt sincere too.

 

“Hyoyeon?”

 

It was Donghae. It was almost eight in the morning and I was preparing breakfast.

 

“Are you okay? You seemed so bothered, do you have a problem?” 

 

I sat right across from him and resumed eating. He, on the other hand, chose to keep silent when I never spoke a word.

 

One, two, three deep sighs. Ugh! I really look stupid here. This should not be happening… I should be angry remember? Dammit Kim Hyoyeon!!! He just approached you, touched your cheek and you’re already melting here like crazy… what the hell is wrong with you, Hyoyeon?

 

“It was nothing okay!”

 

I was surprised that Donghae responded while looking at me intently. Obviously, I spoke that one loud.

 

Sigh~ “Ok you win! And you're right there is a problem… yesterday, when I asked him to help me, he said sorry.”

 

“And? Isn’t that what you wanted? For him to say sorry to you.”

 

“Yeah, but it felt--- weird.”

 

“Weird or should I say, true? I love you, Hyo and you know that right? But I met the man and he seemed nice. I know, I know, you had it bad with him in the past but just like I said to you before, don’t you think this plan is too much?”

 

“We just moved in, Donghae.”

 

“I know and look? We lived in the same house. We looked like a real couple in his eyes. Then what now? You want him to pursue you? Be back to you while he, himself is hurting seeing us together?”  

 

“Is it wrong? Is it wrong for me to want to see him getting hurt? Coz you know what... the only problem here is.--- he’s the one who made mistake but I’m the one who appears to be bad.”

 

“It’s all in the past, Hyoyeon. It’s over.”

 

“Yeah, it’s already in the past… but it doesn’t change the fact that he made his biggest mistake when I was there for him the whole time. And now, that it’s my turn to do the things that will hurt him, he gets all the sympathy from you and I’m the one who’s worthless. You knew what I went through, Hae.”

 

“I know but you are not like this, Hyoyeon.”

 

“He made me like this. And that’s the worst part.”

 

 

=============

 

 

I could not finish this report and I knew why. I could not get forget the look on her face when I apologized sincerely. For a moment, what we had back there felt real, it had none of the sarcasm, the uncertainty, the awkwardness.

 

Today is a Saturday and I received a text from Nickhun, asking me to come over. I said yes.

 

“Is she there?”

 

“Who? Hyoyeon? No, she’s not here so get your lazy bum over here now, it’s been so long since I last saw you.”

 

 A few hours passed and now, I was on my way to my friend’s home. I had to take a breather from everything.

 

“What?!”

 

I just nodded.

 

“Dude, you’re neighbors again? Wow! Fate is really playing with you bro! But now, it’s different, she’s with her new boyfriend. Tsk, tsk. But the question here is--- can you handle it? Can you bear to see them together?”

 

Can I? Can I really bear it?

 

If it means, I am living there ‘cause I recently purchased it and it had eaten a huge chunk of my savings and I had no choice apart from that? Yes, I can.

 

I just took a bottle and drank.

 

“Of course bro.”

 

“Tsk, don’t lie to me bro, when did you become a masochist?

 

“Since she left bro.”

 

“Aigoo!!! So, how was it, are you guys okay now? friends just like what you said. so what’s next?”

 

I took another gulp and finally laid my beer on the table,

 

“I don't know--- Refrain from being hurt?”

 

The last time that I got drunk, it spelt trouble. I cheated on Hyoyeon, spent a night with a random woman, who apparently was my living curse.

 

I had a few more bottles before ending the night and went home.

 

It was already three in the morning. I walked with heavier feet.

 

I then reached my unit when her door opened.

 

She was right there, wearing a night robe and whatever it hides underneath.

 

“Junho?”

 

“Sorry, did I wake you guys up? Sorry, If I'm loud.”

 

“No, I thought it was Donghae.”

 

“Oh Right, why would you even bother knowing it was me? It’s just ME right?

 

My eyes felt heavy, the warmth that I feel all over was obviously alcohol-induced, I am slightly drunk. I knew what I’m talking about, and seeing her right now, thinking of that bloody idiot who now owns her heart, my choice of words was the least of my concerns.

 

I reached for the knob, for I don’t want to hear whatever she wants to say but then I felt her hand reaching for the key,

 

“Here, let me help you. You’re drunk… Good thing you're still able to go home by yourself.”

 

Her face was inches apart from mine as I watched her open the door and assisted me inside. She smelled really nice. Lavender, yes and it was her favorite.

 

Maybe it was the alcohol but knowing myself, I knew sense still runs in my head.

 

Maybe it was the sight of her face that made me do it…

 

For when she had me seated in the couch, I did the unthinkable and pulled her onto my lap.

 

“Junho, what are you—”

 

I leaned in and went for the lip lock, it was sudden perhaps harsh… but as I pulled her closer… the kiss became soft… slow… that it felt the way it was when we did it the first time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***************

 

Omg they kissss!!!😍

Pls. Comment, Subscribe & Upvote for this story!!!