Chapter 1

Neighbors 2: The Change/ Second Chance

Chapter 1!

 

 

“Hyo, wait!”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can I get your number?”

 

She wasn’t moving… her back still turned. I wasn’t sure if she would give me what I requested of her, but may the good force be with me right now, for I would do everything just to have her digits.

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, Junho…”

 

Boom. That was something. Luck… had left me, that, I’m quite sure of.

 

“Okay… I understand… but can I at least walk you home?”

 

That was me on the desperate move. Please, just this once…

 

She never said anything. She kept on walking and I decided to walk right behind her. I knew that she knew this. That I was simply following. That I had no intentions of turning back. I had to do this, Hyo, sorry but I can’t let this chance pass without a fight. I had to do something.

 

I was comparable to a stalker. I could not manage to lose sight of her. This was so pathetic but, I had to know where Heechul’s abode is. I already had my mind set. I will have her back. I will do whatever it takes to have her back.

 

She was walking slowly. I don’t know if she was doing it on purpose but… it seemed that she was not dismissing me at all. That was a good sign.

 

I walked faster… keeping up with her pace. She never uttered a word of dismissal. She had let me walk beside her.

 

The breeze was colder now. The kids that were playing slowly dissipated. The throng of people, occupying the streets, is gradually thinning out.

 

It seemed that the world was conspiring with me. As if destiny knew how I badly wanted this opportunity.

 

It seemed that the world was moving so it can pave the path for me and Hyoyeon.

 

She merely walked… without even taking a glimpse.

 

But seeing her now… as much as I want to revel in the  moment… to see her face… look at her intently… hug her even… I know that I cannot do such a thing.

 

When she left for the US three years ago… I somehow lost the right to do these things.

 

As I walk beside her, I could not help but steal glances.

 

I want to hold hands with her.

 

I want to go nearer or drape my arm on her shoulder.

 

“You’re still stubborn aren’t you?” She suddenly muttered.

 

“I guess, some things did not change.” I chuckled.

 

She kept mum.

 

A few more minutes and we reached our destination. It was two streets away from my sister’s home.

 

A modern country-style house….

 

White picket fences…

 

Hedges and blooms adorning the front lawn…

 

This is Hyoyeon’s home… this is her new home.

 

Obviously, she doesn’t have plans of even spending a little more time with me. She just proceeded walking but I was quick enough to grab her hand,

 

“Hyo…”

 

She stopped. I spoke.

 

“Hyo, can I see you again? Can I...”

 

She looked at me… I could not figure out if such was a kind that welcomes me… a look of uncertainty ruled. A tinge of sadness in her eyes… that… I can feel…

 

“Sorry. I was just… I was thinking that maybe, we can—”

 

“Junho, it’s nice seeing you. I’m glad you seemed… well.”

 

That very moment, I knew that I had to let go of her hand, let her be… but her next words caught me off guard.

 

“But Junho… some things have changed…”

 

That time, all I could do was witness how she slowly walked past me… how she moved until she reaches the front door…

 

And when it finally closes, I said to myself,

 

 “Hyo… I did not change… I still love you.”

 

 

 

***************

 

 

Aww... Junho I love you too!!! Ah I mean... you should have told her that before she closes the door!! hihi :P

Sorry if its a short chapter, I gonna make it up to you guys next time! I promise :)

But for now please Comment, Subscribe & Upvote for this story!!!^^