Chapter 14

Neighbors 2: The Change/ Second Chance

Chapter 14!

 

 

“Why are you so quiet? You can scream now if you want to. Hahaha!”

 

I will not answer, I don’t want to, you crazy jerk! hmp!

 

“This is gonna be a long ride, baby. Better speak up or else...”

 

“Or else what??? And you really had guts to call me baby again huh? I really hate you, jerk.”

 

“A handsome jerk, if I may add.”

 

“Feeler.”

 

“A handsome jerk and a feeler.”

 

“A guy who will soon to be in jailed.”

 

“A handsome jerk and a feeler that is soon to be in jailed, hahaha!”

 

“Aaaaaarrrggggghhh!!!! Stop it okay? You’re really getting on my nerves now! Just tell me what you really want?”

 

“YOU.”

 

I was ready to retaliate but his last response left me tongue-tied. Clever .

 

“FYI, I don’t like you anymore.”

 

“Tsk, tsk, that’s bad, but it didn’t feel that way baby, remember the last time when I was drunk and you were-“

 

“Arrgggh! I hate you!” I yelled and started punching his arm.

 

“Ouch, stop it baby!!! I’m driving, calm down okay, please?”

 

I decided to just leave him alone but my creased forehead was nonetheless a giveaway that I hated this set-up. I should be the one in control. I should be the one having the happy time.

 

Obviously, he knew. But what the heck, he didn’t even get mad at me?

 

I tried observing him while driving. He is humming, this jerk is happy. He even started playing his favourite songs.

 

How about trying to get along, Hyo? How about enjoying this spontaneous road trip? I looked to my side, trying not to get noticed, and oddly, he looked doubly cute today. V-neck white shirt, khaki pants and oh, new haircut? Didn’t notice that one earlier.

 

“So… where will you take me? And why do you need to do this? I didn’t know that you have an aggressive/psycho side in you.”  

 

 

===============

 

 

Hearing her say that, I couldn’t help but smile. If only you knew what I had to go through just to pull this off? If only you knew the things you never knew, Hyo…

 

“Aggressive? I thought you had a clear idea the last time we-“

 

“Junho!”

 

“Hahaha, okay, okay, where are we going? Hmmm… Just wait and see.”

 

“Okay but since I will be a willing victim here, can you buy me some lunch?”

 

Willing victim. I like that. Seeing her beside me and looking at her, I thought, there is a chance… there is still a chance.

 

We ordered takeout and she was starving alright. She started eating inside the car while I continuously drove.

 

 

=====================

 

 

“Miss Willing Victim, you’re not the only one who’s hungry here okay.”

 

Shoot. He’s right. I’ve been savouring every bite of this cheeseburger in my hand, not to mention the fries and yes, the upsized soda.

 

“Sorry, do you want some?”

 

I said in between mouthfuls of meat and salty starch and he was there teasing and smirking all along,

 

“Got my hands full, can’t you see?”

 

Ugh!!! He’s really doing it in purpose.

 

“So you’re saying?”

 

“Feed me, please.”

 

Uh-oh cutie-slash-driver-and-kidnapper alert, do I still have a say?

 

Sigh~ “Fine, but just this once okay, aigoo... why don't we just stop for a few minutes just to eat properly. Pabo!”

 

I muttered.

 

“What’s that, Ms. Willing Victim?”

 

“Nothing! I said here’s your burger. Now, open your mouth wide.”

 

He was enjoying this I know. I’ve been at my best composed self. But after three long years, I was still reminded of the same feeling I have for him from a long time ago… The feeling of contentment… without being angry or having hatred feelings for him.”  

 

We were like this before… I chose to be happy with him before but I decided to change… so this is what is like again… the feeling of being the old me again—the old Hyoyeon.

 

For a while, I forgot to be angry. As I made him take a mouthful of that burger, his smile became more evident. Just earlier, I can almost curse him because of being so annoying, but as he continually drove, took glances and with I, easing his hunger, the fear of being there with him, being with him again, slowly vanished.

 

It was a long drive and it was unfamiliar to me. Noryangjin. I had never been in this place.

 

We arrived just in time for sunset and I was awed by what I witnessed.

 

A house by the beach.

 

Fine sand and calm waters.

 

 I got off from the car first and took off my sandals. I hurriedly moved towards the waters and had my feet soaked for a moment.

 

“So are you still going to charge me for kidnapping?”

 

His voice sounded happy, I couldn’t deny that either.

 

I looked back to see him there standing, his hands inside his pockets, his hair being blown by the wind… a sight to behold… it’s like seeing him at a different light again.

 

I never said a word. I just stood there and felt the sand and water in my feet. I closed my eyes and felt the breeze. It was touching my face, had my skirt gracefully moving but I could care less. It’s been a long time since I felt this.

 

“I just want to be with you, Hyoyeon. That’s all I want. Even just for a day, forget about the past, think not of how we ended like this… just think of you & me again…”

 

I heard him… every word… and when I opened my eyes, he was right beside me.

 

I don’t know what to say really… for fear of saying something wrong despite being in this seemingly rightest moment…

 

I just smiled at him…

 

“Okay, Junho. I am giving you what you want. You… Me… Here… happy now?

 

 

 

 

 

***************

 

Hey guys! sorry for not updating yesterday :( but I hope you like this chapter^^

Btw, this fic is almost on it's end so pls. Comment, Subscribe & Upvote for this Story!!!