Chapter 13

Neighbors 2: The Change/ Second Chance

Chapter 13!

 

 

It was a chase; it has always been like that with her. I am chasing and waiting for her to come to me while I remained subdued and willing each time she comes forth and moves against my will.

 

This has got to end. Years of longing have been satiated but for what cause? A night of temporary happiness that she automatically ended via walking out, leaving me in the darkest shade of gray; for with us, there is no such thing as black and white, when the accident happened up to the time when she came back from Boston, there are no clear-cut indications as to where our relationship has landed.

 

When I first saw her in the park, I was like vying for hope that sprang out of my longing heart.

 

Hope came but when I saw her with Donghae, it broke. I fell hard for the nth time.

 

I tried moving on but then a few weeks passed and there she was living right across my home. I had to swallow my pride.

 

So all these riddles, puzzling thoughts, pent-up desires and love have to take the front seat for I can no longer bear its weight.

 

I am ending this dilemma and there is only one way to start it.

 

As he opened the door, there is a familiar face that I have to see- Donghae’s.

 

“Junho-sshi, what brought you here?”

 

And as I entered their haven, with that door slowly closing behind me, I vowed to speak.

 

Kindness, it is said that all is fair in love and war but destiny has been too unkind that I seemed to love its payback for what it is, be it angst, grudge, unrequited trust.

 

There is something about this man’s face that intrigued me. He seemed educated judging by the way he speaks and with the manner that he carries himself.

 

I am risking here as I’m about to speak about a rendezvous that Hyoyeon and I shared the other evening. I know it is stupid for it would be easy for this guy sitting across me to simply grab a knife and kill me.

 

He could easily do that once he knew that I owned Hyoyeon; a physical union that he and she, much to my dismay and disgust, have been sharing for the heck knows when or how many times. But I want to reciprocate his kindness by asking him, telling him that…

 

“I’m sorry Donghae-sshi, but I love Hyoyeon… I still love her.”

 

This guy… he’s really unusually… I already told him that I still love Hyoyeon—his girlfriend… Yet he’s just calmly seating there taking a sip of his coffee.

 

“Donghae-sshi, I don’t know how should I tell you this but, I love her and I am not backing out even though you’re already her boyfriend.”

 

“So what are you gonna do about it then?”

 

“I want her to rethink about us. I want us to have another chance.”

 

“But don’t you think you’re way too late Junho-sshi? And what makes you think that I will just give Hyoyeon to you that easy?”

 

“Donghae-sshi, I am here to tell you that I still love her, not to ask for your permission coz I know that it will still be her decision whether she will pick me or not. Besides, there is something that you have to know.”

 

“Something happened the other night, am I right?”

 

 

==============

 

 

I haven’t seen him for days and because I avoided him for a reason.

 

I had everything prepared. My brother had been asking me why I decided to go back to Boston when he thought I was already settled here.

 

Even my parents have been wondering what happened.

 

I had to leave Donghae in my abode for now since I don’t wanna see Junho. I need to lessen every chance of seeing him or else, he would hover and keep on insisting that we should talk.

 

My phone has been ringing for a while now and knowing that it was him, I turned it off.

 

The number of messages that were still left unread has been filling my inbox but I tried my hardest to not even pay attention.

 

Driving inside the neighborhood and passing along the park where Junho and I first met after three years, I don’t know why but I found myself smiling. I softly smiled remembering how he followed me during my way towards Oppa’s house as well as when I was there just reading.

 

Smiles… it’s been a while since I gladly smiled for being happy… and yet it is ironic that when I am here, all worked up and bent on setting Junho up to finally hurt him, I practically melting my heart again for him instead.

 

Was it even about the ? When that night happened, I gave in to my personal desire for I want him, still. I won’t lie that sleeping with him was beyond satisfactory, I mean physically, but yeah, when he owned me, I found myself giving him the key, not only to my body but my heart and it scared the out of me.

 

I was about a few blocks away when a car sprung from nowhere, apparently, I was being followed.

 

I had no idea who it was or why someone would do such a thing but when the car suddenly sped up and tried overtaking me, I had no choice but to stop. It halted in front of my car, I got off and was about to confront the driver when the car door opened,

 

“Yah! Are you crazy? What do you think you’re doing?!”

 

“You’re coming with me.”

 

“What? NO!”

 

“Oh yes you are.”

 

He was holding my wrist and I was being dragged, I resisted but I still ended up inside his car.

 

“Yahhh!!! If you’re not going to let me go I will scream & tell that you are kidnapping me, people can see Junho, and my brother would be so worried that he would looked for me and yes, Donghae, right, you will be a dead meat when Donghae found out that you are kidnapping his girlfriend!”

 

He was just giving me the smirk,

 

“Seatbelt?”

 

“No.”

 

“I’m a fast driver, seatbelt please.”

 

He asked somewhat calmly but I was stubborn.

 

“Okay, you don’t want to, then, I’ll be the one who’ll do it.”

 

“I am telling you Junho, abduction is a serious offense. I could have you jailed for life if I want to. And I will really scream!”

 

“No need for that baby, they know you’re with me and Donghae-sshi? Who was that again..? Oh right! Your fake boyfriend.”

 

“W-what? How did you--- but NO! I will really gonna charge you for kidnapping Junho!”

 

He had started the engine when I saw Heechul Oppa, I had the window rolled down.

 

“Oppa! Oppa! Help!”

 

“Bro, thank you, we’ll go now.”

 

“What?! Heechul Oppa!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

***************

 

Go Junho!!! Take her away!!! haha 😜

Pls. Comment, Subscribe & Upvote this story!!!😄