Understanding

Forbidden Fruit

Chanyeol stared at the building in front of him, the familiarness bringing back forgotten memories. He stared at the sheet of paper in his hand, wondering if it was true.

One year had passed.

Since the day he left.

One year had passed.

And he is finally found.

Chanyeol took a deep breath and stepped inside, the cool breeze from the a/c causing him to shiver. He walked deeper inside the institute, his eyes widening as he heard a familiar voice singing.

Byun Baekhyun.

Chanyeol stepped in closer and saw him smiling, his voice bringing back past memories. He walked inside and sat down, watching as Baekhyun began to teach.

Once the class ended, Chanyeol stood up and walked towards the front, his hands clenched tightly. His eyes widened in anger before going soft, knowing what he had to do.

"You're a hard man to find." Chanyeol said, chuckling

"I guess not since you found me." Baekhyun said, turning around to face Chanyeol

"Why did you leave?" Chanyeol asked, sighing

"I had to." Baekhyun said, shrugging

"You need to come back. For her." Chanyeol said, glaring

"I left her behind for a reason. I'm not going back." Baekhyun said, glaring back

"You have to. I'm going to have to break my promise." Chanyeol said, shaking his head

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun asked, worried

"I'm leaving her behind. I can't keep that promise anymore." Chanyeol said, looking away

"Does she know? Whose going to take care of her now?" Baekhyun asked, tears in his eyes

"You will." Chanyeol said, looking back at Baekhyun

"I can't. I don't want to." Baekhyun said, shaking his head

"Then let her go. If you can." Chanyeol said, sighing

"What are you talking about?" Baekhyun asked, confused

Chanyeol slipped his hand into his bag and pulled out a notebook and envelope that he had kept hidden for over a year. He wordlessly handed them to Baekhyun before walking away.

"How did you get this?" Baekhyun asked, looking up

"I found them when she was trying to escape. I found them when she tried to hide them." Chanyeol said, walking away

Baekhyun stared after Chanyeol before sitting down, his hands moving across the pages. He silently began to read, his eyes filling up with tears as he read your thoughts, your secrets and your pain.

How timid and delicate could unrequited love be?

Even though unrequited love finds its own way in, it’s a love that gets trapped inside, unable to find a way out.

I was the one who started it, but without knowing a thing. If he leaves from my sight, it’s a love that ends in vain, without ever having a purpose. Never having had a chance to bud or bloom into a flower.

Like a seed left forgotten. A love that can never bear fruit.

This is……….. unrequited love.

People who believe that they can achieve happiness with the reach of a hand,

How happy will they be?

That girl gets nervous when she gets too happy. That girl's happiness was like a child's soap bubble play.

As soon as she touches the rainbow-colored bubble, it pops.

When the girl is in front of happiness, before she can extend her hand, she gives up.

What are your feelings? Tell me honestly.

When he asked her this, that girl closed her lips.

Truth, when you take off the wrapper of lies, it isn't as nice and sweet as candy or chocolate.

Just as one needs skin to cover her blood and flesh, in order to guard her true self, she needed to lie.

Instead of being honest despite the pain, lying while smiling brightly,

was safer for her.


Oppa, if you find this letter that means that I finally gathered the courage to leave you. I finally managed to jump off that bridge. I finally managed to let go of you. I really appreciate all the things you've done for me. I love you. I mean it. Do you remember when you first saw me? The scared little girl who didn't have friends and had to wear glasses. I remember when you walked up to me and smiled, holding out your hand. 'I'll protect you from now on' you had said. Was that the first time I fell in love with you? Or was it all these years we spent together? Was it when you always protected me? Was it when you would always smile at me? Or was it love at first sight? I honestly don't know. Oppa, you may not realize this but I love you. I loved you for all these 6 years. I feel like such a coward for not telling you this. I felt that if I did, you would leave me and I couldn't bear that. So, do you forgive me? Don't feel bad. I chose this for myself, I made this decision. It wasn't your fault, I mean it. Life wasn't really worth living watching you leave. I'll miss you and I'll protect you. I hope you live a happy life and you have many children. Maybe you could name one of them Na Ri for me? Haha, I'm joking. I love you oppa! Hopefully in our next life we might see each other. Maybe we might end up together? Who knows? Even if it isn't our fate in our next life, just know that I'll still choose you, no matter what.'


Baekhyun spent the entire day reading your notebook, tears staining the pages. He looked up and sobbed, holding his chest as if his heart was being ripped apart.

'Song Na Ri'

The girl he had taken care of, the one he had protected, the one he shared his darkest deepest secrets had loved him. She had loved him without holding back.

That was what she had done for him.

She had given him all her heart.

She was the person who was by his sidde.

The girl who made him forget about the past.

His soulmate.

Baekhyun stared at the pages before closing the book, his eyes falling to a sheet of paper that had slipped onto the ground. He reached out to grab it, recognizing Chanyeol's handwriting.

'Knock on her closed door. Wrap your arms around her tired shoulder. Wipe away her tears. Listen to the sound of each other’s hearts. Love each other like that. Love her back. Just like she loved you.'

Baekhyun closed his eyes before standing up, grabbing his jacket. He ran out the door towards the street, grabbing a taxi. He closed his eyes as he made his way towards you.

Baekhyun thought love was giving up half of yourself and filling it up with his half. He was afraid of love because he was ashamed of his dark and gloomy half. He finally realized that love is the two incomplete halves coming together.

He had finally realized that he had loved you.

You were his other half.

And he was yours.


A/N: Let me drown in my own sorrows. I just want to thank everyone who stood by me as I wrote this story. Even if it doesn't get many views or comments, I'm just glad that the people who encouraged me and made me laugh with their comments read this story. This might not be the most perfect story or ending but I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks again for everything. Author-nim is happy because you guys are happy. Sorry for the long message but goodbye my lovely readers. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE UP! It would mean a lot to me. I hope to see you again :D