Memories

Forbidden Fruit

His face, it is something I will always treasure.

The way his eyes seem to sparkle beneath the light.

The way his fingers danced across his face.

The way he smiled for me.

The way he takes care of me.

I don't remember when I fell in love. I don't want to actually. I want to be by his side, even if he finds someone else. I want to be with him until I can no longer handle the pain.

How much pain can I take before I break? How many lies can I make before it falls apart?

I don't want to be seen as someone who longs for something she can never have. I want to be by his side. I want to take care of him. I want to protect and love him.

Is that too much to ask?


You stared out the window, your hands resting lightly on your lap. You kept glancing at your fingers, watching them shake. You glanced at the clock, your coffee growing cold as you waited.

"Na Ri!" You heard your name called

You looked up and saw him walking towards you, a large smile on his face. You felt a pang in your stomach as you stared at him, the way his eyes danced beneath his glasses.

"Oppa...." You whispered, smiling softly

Byun Baekhyun.

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked, smiling

"I was just waiting for you. I quit my job." You said, looking down

"Why? I thought you liked it." Baekhyun asked, confused

"I couldn't handle the stares." You said, looking out the window

"Do you want to work with me? I need someone to play piano." Baekhyun asked, smiling

You looked towards him, your eyes wide. You forced yourself to stay calm, to prevent yourself from saying something stupid. Piano, that was your talent. His voice, that was his talent.

'Stay calm. You can't let anything show.'

"Yeah, if you want." You said, nodding your head slowly

"Really? Chanyeol will be happy." Baekhyun said, laughing

"Chanyeol?" You asked, confused

"He's a friend of mine. He plays the guitar." Baekhyun answered

"Really? That's nice." You said, smiling

"Can you come to the club later tonight? I have to perform." Baekhyun said, standing up

"Yeah, I will." You said, standing up as well

You waved as Baekhyun left, his fingers dancing beneath his coat. You stared after him, tears falling as you hit yourself mentally.

"You were supposed to confess." You whispered, shaking your head

You headed out the cafe and you walked home. You stared blankly without a purpose. You managed to find your way home, collapsing onto your bed. You stood up and closed the curtains, shutting out the light. You climbed back onto your bed and closed your eyes, remembering when it began.


You were walking home, a horrible day at school. You were the transfer student who was getting bullied. To make it worse, you sat next to one of the most popular boys in school.

Byun Baekhyun.

You were only 16, lost in your own world. You were the quiet type, unwilling to make a conversation with anyone. You hated your life, hated the way no one tried to understand you.

"Kill me." You whispered, shaking your head

You walked past a small park when you heard singing. You looked up and stared at a boy, his voice sweet and soft. You felt your heart start to race, as if it was finally awake.

You walked towards him, your curiousity getting the best of you. Your eyes locked onto his, his eyes shining brightly. You looked away and you walked away, your heart pounding underneath your chest.

Byun Baekhyun.

The Kingka.

The one desired by many.

The voice of an angel.

You ran towards your house, rushing towards your room. You sat down on your bed and you clutched your chest, your heart still racing.

"What is this?" You whispered, shaking your head

You laid down and closed your eyes, picturing his face. You felt yourself smile as you saw his eyes, gentle and soft.

He didn't look away from you or call you out. He was just there, smiling at you as if you were a person.

What was this feeling? Why was your heart racing?

The next morning, you made your way to school. You ignored the names being yelled to you, the stares you were getting. You walked to your desk and you laid your head down, tears streaming down your face.

You turned your head to the side, only to lock eyes with Baekhyun. He also had his head on the desk, his head turned towards you. You stared at him silently before you looked away, your face red.

"Song Na Ri. That's a pretty name." He whispered, his voice deep and soft

"Thank you." You whispered back, avoiding his gaze

"Don't worry. I'll protect you." He said, a smile on his face

You turned to look at him, your eyes wide as you stared at his face. He kept smiling at you, his eyes small on his face. He reached out to grab your hand, making you shiver from his contact.

"I'll make sure nothing happens." He said, smiling

"Why?" You asked, confused

"Because, you know my secret. It's only a matter of time before I find out yours." He said, chuckling

'My secret? What could that be?' You wondered

You looked back at Baekhyun and gazed at his face, the soft skin, the pink lips. You felt your heart pound again, the nerves beneath your skin tingling.

My secret? I guess I have one now.

Byun Baekhyun.

He will be my secret.

My first and last love.


Hello! This is a small preview. Well...........not really. It's more of a memory. Please leave a comment and subscribe for more. Keep in mind that I'm new to and I'm completely lost on how this story will be. I hope I can make several chapters. I want to make it as angsty and sad as possible.