Monkey Boy

Pink Menace

I was so hungry.

I have no food to eat and no shelter.

Damn, I should’ve stayed in the hospital and waited for my ‘new parents’.

 

The streets were crowded. This is a usual scene at Quiapo, people buying goods, dresses, toys. Everything here was on sale. It was like living in a mall, without the air condition.

There were many fastfoods, streetfoods and markets to buy what you need.

 

It’s been a week, and I don’t know how I managed to stay alive here. There are some good people who would give me food when I show them my puppy face.

Yeah, that puppy face never failed me. It’s a bit embarrassing, I tried to beg for money. Sometimes I would sing or dance to make people give me money. There are times when people would give me cold stares or yell at me when they don’t want to give me money.

 

I tried to sell some flowers to the Church goers just to earn money, to keep me alive.

 

Just this day, I was bullied and I lost all the money I gathered for selling flowers. I was left with nothing.

I there was a fruit stall, I saw the mouth-watering bananas. Since I had no money I decided to steal it. I thought no one saw me. No. Somebody did. I ran again. I squeezed myself to the crowd to make him lost.

But I bumped on the boy chasing me.

 

He immediately dragged my arm.

 

“How could you steal that! You know I can make the authorities arrest you for that!” He yelled at me.

“I am sorry, ” I bowed. “I was r-really hungry, I-I was bullied they took me money, please don’t tell what I’ve done.” Hae cried.

“What do you do for a living anyway.”


“I sell flowers. Really I am not lying!” Hae explained.

 

The boy knew he was telling the truth he had a crush on Hae the little girl who sells flowers on the church goers.

 

“Fine, you owe me bananas.”

“Thank you! I’ll pay you when I have money again!” Hae hugged him.

“Yeah-sure!” The boy turned crimson while smiling.

“I’m Donghae! And you are?” Hae offered her hand to the gummy smiled boy.

“I am Hyukjae.”

 

Since then, the two became friends. They forgot about the Hae’s banana debt. After a few years of friendship.

 

 

 

I saw the social workers who were about to take me to the orphanage one day. I immediately ran for my life, scared to be in an orphanage.

 

Hyukjae, would be Hae’s savior when she is bullied or when someone eyes her. Hae would make Hyukjae happy on the other hand.

They had a more than ‘bestfriend’ relationship. Less than lovers more than friends. More than bestfriends.

 

It’s been 9 years since Hae’s parents died, she was sitting by the edge of Pasig river when Hyuk approached her.

 

“Why is my little sweet pea sad?” Hyuk s his arm around Hae.

“Nothing.” Hae stared at the river, looking at his reflection despite of the floating trash on the river.

“Really, what is it.” Hyuk stared at Hae.

“It’s my parent’s 9th death anniversary.”

“I’m sorry about that.”

 

Donghae, told Hyukjae of what happened to her life a 9 years ago and how she landed on Quaipo, Manila.

 

Hae simply cried at Hyukjae. “Stop crying dear, I’m here.”

“I just miss them.”

“I know, they are watching over you.” Hyuk commented.

“Don’t scare me please!” Hae whined.

“I’m not. Don’t be a scared fish!!”
Hae simply hugged Hyuk.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”


“For being here with me.” Hae lifted her head and looked at Hyuk.

Hyuk was staring at Hae lovingly, as they leaned closer and sealed their lips with a kiss.

 

 

---------------------------------------------

Sorry this one's a bit short :) don't forget to comment and subscribe! thank you! :)