Epilogue

Bastard
Thank you to everyone who voted on the poll; you all have spoken.
More than half of you asked for BOTH an epilogue AND a sequel so below is the epilogue, as promised.
(This is also sort of a preview to the sequel as well)
For those of you who wanted only one or the other, remember, you always have the choice of only reading just that.
(And for those of you who want neither, please ignore this chapter and the sequel ^^;)
The sequel will be coming shortly (i.e. as quickly as my schedule will allow me).
With classes starting up again and the academic year being in full swing, I, unfortunatly, will be updating nonetheless.
Thank you~
~Li
P.S.
I would love some feedback (:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
“Why don’t you just move in?” Yi Fan suggests casually.
 
Mei Lin almost loses her grip on the teacup. “What?!” she asks once she’s sure that it will not spill—by setting it down of course.
 
Yi Fan shrugs in hopes of coming off as “not pushing too hard.” “Why not?” he asks. “We show up to work in the same car anyways—it’s not like the whole building doesn’t know already.”
 
“…That’s not the point.” This is a big step…
 
“I guess it would be a huge step down from the mansion that Lau left you,” Yi Fan sighs. Mei Lin is still shocked by the suggestion to say much of anything. Her considering expressions while she thinks amuses Yi Fan, but it does not stop him from suggesting, “In that case, can I move in?” It doesn’t matter to Yi Fan where they live, so long as it’s together.
 
Mei Lin is hesitant because she knows exactly what Yi Fan is thinking—it is what she’s thinking as well: they already love each other and if they live together, then what’s stopping them from getting married? “Um…”
 
“Wait, no, that wouldn’t work,” Yi Fan says suddenly. Mei Lin breathes for about a second before Yi Fan completes his thought, “You would be able to kick me out and then I would be homeless. Let’s get our own place.” Mei Lin’s mouth is now agape while Yi Fan continues to talk, “I hear Lau is coming back to China to get his feet wet in the Chinese music industry and he might want his house back.”
 
Mei Lin had been hearing rumors that Henry was planning on making a debut in China but this had not occurred to her. It isn’t fair to Wu Yi if I keep on living where I am anyways. Maybe I can move back to my old apartment now that Gale and Lu Han have a house of their own. Of course, Mei Lin is trying to avoid the elephant in the room—even in her mind. I’m going to miss that dance room. Of course that’s what Mei Lin is thinking about.
 
“Mei?” Please say something.
 
“Can I think about it?” I need more time.
 
Yi Fan smiles. “Of course,” he says, pouring her more tea. I hope you don’t feel pressured into saying yes.
 
“We should get back to work,” Mei Lin says. Even though they had nothing to be ashamed of—with the glass being transparent in Yi Fan’s old (now leveled) office—it still leaves Mei Lin a bit embarrassed. “I’ll have the performance reviews to your secretary before the day’s over.”
 
“It’s still so weird to hear you say that,” Yi Fan says as he gets up to leave. “I keep on thinking that you’re talking about giving them to yourself.”
 
“Well, eventually, you’re going to have to accept the fact that she’s not just your temp anymore, she’s your secretary.”
 
Yi Fan stops mid-way out the door due to a text. “Speaking of my secretary,” which still feels weird to say, “She’s just informed me that the former CEO is here to see me.”
 
“He should make an appointment like everyone else that wants to see you.”
 
“Do you make an appointment?” Yi Fan snorts.
 
“Sometimes,” Mei Lin says back, “they’re called dates.” Yi Fan did not expect that, causing Mei Lin to smile, just like every time that she’s able to catch him off guard. “We have one this Saturday—in case your secretary forgets to remind you of those kinds of appointments again.” They walk to the elevator together without realizing. “And don’t compare me to that man.”
 
“If it makes you feel better, that’s probably the only thing that you two have in common.” They stop in the middle of the small hall of four elevators and wait. “You would think that he would be happy. Our clients are satisfied, our competition is practically nonexistent, our stocks are up—hell, even you have my job now—”
 
“Yeah,” Mei Lin says. Who would’ve thought, with my degree, that I’d be Head of Public Relations. “But now you have his job; of course he’s not happy.”
 
The elevator dings and opens. “Well, he better get used to it, because he’s not getting it back.”
 
They smile at each other and go to their respective offices to deal with respective matters that are “all part of the job”
 
Mei Lin takes the tea set and rinses it off in the break room. Hin Wah and I practically lived together and we didn’t get married so I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try, but what about the staff? I guess I should wait until he debuts before making a final decision.
 
“So…” Mei Lin turns around and sees Gale with crossed arms and a smug look. “What were you two talking about over tea?”
 
“None of your business.”
 
“You practically spilled your tea,” Gale points out while indirectly admitting to spying.
 
“That was an accident. Accidents happen.”
 
“I’m sure they do.”