14

Throwback

-------------------------------

"Mmh?" Jung Hwa opens her eyes as she saw the sunlight comes in to her room. She saw baekhyun sitting beside her, waiting for her to wake up. "Morning." 

"Yeah yeah morning....bye" as she rolls again in to the blanket. Baekhyun chuckled "Seriously? come on, wake up.it's 9 already and you're still here sleeping? i even showered you know." as baekhyun wakled towards the window curtain and opened the curtain. "Seriously baek? you're going to make me blind"

"Well wake up then" he holds the curtain open. But it only makes Jung Hwa rolled up in the blanket that it makes her look like a kimbap. Baekhyun walked over to her bed and sits. He playfully poked her until she gets really annoyed. But it only makes her rolled up even more and move away from him.

"Alright then, if you don't want to wake up." Baekhyun stand up from the bed and picked Jung Hwa (and her blanket) out from her bed, He walked downstairs and put her on the sofa "You only making an excuse because you're too lazy to walk huh?." Jung Hwa gets up and froze for a second. She blink for a few times and realize that she's already downstairs. 

She can't helped it, as she started to lean down again. Baekhyun noticed it so he placed his hand behind her head so she can't lay down. "Okay okay i give up. I'm up" Jung Hwa said. As she trying to sit on the sofa, baekhyun pinched her cheek. "How can i wake up if your hand keep pinching my cheek?" baekhyun smiled. 'Can't help it" it's cute.

Baekhyun walked over to the refrigerator and grab some milk. He took two bowls and two spoon and some cereal. He bring it over to the living room. "Here's for breakfast. do you want anything?" Jung Hwa still inside the blanket and she only shows up her head. "Yep. Can you get me the yoghurt and fruit from the fridge?"

He chuckled. "Yes, your majesty, anything more?" as he walked towards the fridge. Jung Hwa rolls her eyes. 

He sat down and eat his cereal. Jung Hwa opens her blanket and pour everything into her bowl. "Is it good?" baekhyun asked. "Of course it's good" baekhyun scoop her cereal and eats it. he nods in agreement. 

"Finished your breakfast. And take a shower. we're going to practice the song that you made" baekhyun said. Jung Hwa chokes "H-how did you know that i've made my own song?" baekhyun smirked "I saw it"

Jung Hwa blushed and she finished her breakfast faster than what she should have. She ran upstairs and took a shower. When she's about to go downstairs, she heard baekhyun shouting from downstairs "bring your music sheet down here too!!" 

She grabbed it and went downstairs. 

When she was about to come in to the living room where the piano is, she heard baekhyun talking to someone on the phone. She walked one step before and hide behind the wall. "i leave her? that's the only rules that i need to do? just to found kris?..." and it's silent for awhile what did he mean by that?..........."Okay than. But the only reason i wanted to do this, it's because it's for all of us. remember that. and once you broke your promise, i'm going to make sure that i broke mine."

She heard him hung up the phone and walked towards the piano. Baekhyun starts to play random notes and at the end, he bang the piano. "DAMN IT!" he yells.

Jung Hwa walked in to the living room and stand beside the piano. "Hi" she said.

Baekhyun looks at her. "what took you so long?" he turns around and smiled. "Sorry, i forgot where i put it"

Baekhyun chuckled "liar" as he opened her book. "let's start" he said. He pulled out the paper when suddenly another piece of music sheet falls down to the floor. "What's this?" asked baekhyun while he reads the music paper.

Jung Hwa's eyes widened and she grabbed the music sheet from baekhyun's hand. "No! don't!" as she hids it behind her back. "what?why? let me see" baekhyun stands up from his seat and grabbed her wrist. "It's nothing!" Jung Hwa yells.

"Really? than why did you hide it?" baekhyun smirk. He turns her around (it's really easy, it's like turning a chair around) and grabbed it from her. He placed it on the piano and started to play it.

He stopped in the middle and looked at her. "I think this is the one that you actually wanted to submit for the competition" she looks down. "look at me"

"it's a great song. Come on, sing with me. You first" as baekhyun started the intro.

She took a deep breath......and she just let everything from her feelings flow. I made this song though.....

 I like to say...we gave it a try

I like to blame...all on life

Maybe we just weren't right

but that's a lie....that's a lie

and we can deny it...as much as we want

but in time..our feeling will show

Cause sooner or later...we'll wonder why we gave up

the truth is....everyone knows

Baekhyun's eyes opened wide as he realized that......this song is about him.....and her.

Oh..Almost

Almost is never enough

so close to being in love

if i would've known that you wanted me.....the way i wanted you

And maybe we woudn't be two worlds apart

but right here...in each others arms

and we almost....we almost knew what love was.....

but almost is never enough 

Baekhyun: If i could change the world overnight

there be no such thing as goodbye

you'll be standing right where you are......and we get the chance we deserver..ohh

Trying to deny it as much as you want....but in time, our feelings will show

Both: Cause sooner or later. we'll wonder why we gave up

Baekhyun: truth is....everyone knows

Both: Almost....

Almost is never enough

so close to being in love

if i would've known that you wanted me......(baekhyun) the way i wanted you

And maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart

but right here....in each others arms

and we almost....we almost knew what love was....

but almost is never enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87dBaL4qI0 (Ariana Grande ft Nathan Sykes - Almost is Never Enough)

"That....was perfect." baekhyun said as he turns to her. "How can you not tell me that you made another song?" he asked.

"Well i thought it will be better if i used a happier song than a ballad like this" she said. "do you think i could win?" 

"Of course! besides, i didn't even helped you with anything! you literally do it all by yourself.i should've helped you but i guess my girl-i mean my friend here didn't need any help from me." he awkwardly tapped his fingers on the piano and looked away. 

Jung Hwa chuckled "'let's practice again" 

Hours and hours passed until it's afternoon already. They decided to take a break by making some coffee and eating cookies. 

They both eat it in silent. When she was about to ask something, suddenly baekhyun started to make a serious face. "After this...i don't know anymore.I just really hoped that you won't misunderstand about anything. I really need you to understand about this condition. No-- our condition." as he took a sip of his coffee.

A minute passed by, as Jung Hwa glances to the clock "it's almost 3 in the afternoon" baekhyun took a glance at her and saw her that she's looking at the clock "SHOOT! it's 3 pm already!" he stands up from his seat as he prepared to leave the house. "Where are you going?" Jung Hwa asked,

Baekhyun didn't in asnwer. In fact, he can't answer her. He pretends that he didn't hear her so he keeps on stuffing his back and ready to go. But before he go, he turns around and get on his knee to face Jung Hwa. "Promise me you're not going to leave me eventhough bad things happened?" said baekhyun as he held his pinky finger.

Jung Hwa looks at him confusingly."what?why?is there something wrong?" she asked. "Just...promise me....please." Jung Hwa stared at him. She's not sure what to answer.

after a long silence, baekhyund decided to give up "well...okay then" as he get up and about to leave. "Wait!" Jung Hwa ran to him and grab his wrist as she intertwined her pinky finger with his. "I promise"

Baekhyun, shocked by what she's doing, could only smile and he kissed her forehead "Thank you, bye"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as baekhyun leaves her house, she decides to not leave her home until tomorrow. She needs to be alone. right now.

She opened her fridge as she realized that there's no food around to make. And she's not in the mood to order any food. "well i guess, just for grocery shoping"

She walked out of her house and went to the nearest grocery store.The nearest one is a bit far but they're the best when it comes to food quality. it's worthed if it's about food

She walked past little shop around her that sells almost everything. Clothes, jewelery, salon, computery, everything. Seiing the shops like this, makes her remember the day when baekhyun bring her to a shop that sells a couple ring.

"it says it could connect any couple wherever they are.........." are we....a couple baek?

She walks further and further until she arrives at the grocery store. She just picked up some supplies, beef, chicken, just in case she wants to eat something pretty fancy. 

She walks to the cashier and pay for everything. As she walks out of the grocery store, her phone rings. "Hello?" 

"I could see you....from here." the caller said. "W-what? what are you talking about?" she cancelled her planned to buy a bubble tea that she's really scared and went straight home. 

"trying to run away?.....i'm still following you" Jung Hwa got pissed off that she hung up the phone and put it back in her pocket. But just before she could put it, she heard a muffle sound "mmphh!!!!mpph!!!!"

W-what? where does that sound come from? as she looks around completely clueless. She found a narrow alley and take a look inside. 

Once she take a look inside the alley, she couldn't talk. It was Kris. But his hand is tied at the back and he tries to yell as loud as he could "RUN JUNG HWA!!RUN!!!" she just completely in a schock as she just backs off when suddenly she bumps to someone. daehyun?

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Jung Hwa steps back and in utterly shock, she tried to speak "i-im just...th-there's k-kr- i just- uh- " she tried to calmed herself down when she realize that she's stuttering.

"Uhh just...nothing...what are you doing here?" she asked daehyun. "i saw you walking down the alley and i just thought what are you doing?" he said. "do you want me to walk you back home?"

"nope- i'm fine. thankyou" she smiles as she walks to her home. is that....kris?or i'm just imagining it?  

She just walks and walks to her house until she can no longer sees daehyun. 

"It's clear. she's on her way home now." daehyun talks on his phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

"bleghh" Jung Hwa stretch her body as she wokes up. "i think i eat too much food last night" she walks to her bathroom and getting ready to go to the SMbuilding for practice.

She didn't feel like going anywhere today actually, she really just wanted to stay home. Jung Hwa put her jeans and sweater and didn't forget to bring her trainings and tshirt.

"Okay. ready to go" 

She decided to walk (rather than driving) because SMbuilding is not that far. She visits some coffee shop first to get some cappucino and a cookie. "it's pretty cold today"

She arrives in front of the SMbuilding and went in. "Jung Hwa!" she's about to get on the lift when she's greeted by the exo members.

"oh hi guys!!!!!" she ran to them and hugs all of them. "it's been a while since we've seen you! where have you been?" asked d.o. "oh i'm just in my house, practicing for a while. but i guess it's more fun to practice together with you guys" she smiled.

"hey baek, your girlfriend's here." said Chen. Jung Hwa hits his arm as all of them are laughing......except him. Baekhyun just scoffs off and turned away. What? what did i ever do?!

"Okay okay let's stop talking and get practiced." their trainers suddenly come behind them. "okaaay coachh" as they lazily went to their practice room.

As Jung Hwa arrives, she changed her clothes into her trainers. "hmm let's see....todays schedule.....first it's dancing, second is vocal and instrument practice. well. looks like it's gonna be a long day."

"Allright everybody, gather here!!" we all gather in the middle of the room and listened to our coach. "we're going to use partners here, so now grab your partner and practice together!oh as for Jung Hwa, she didn't come yesterday. so please teach her the new steps."

Jung Hwa walked to the exo members (preferably baekhyun) and she thought that baekhyun would helped him (well by the way it looks) when she was about to talk to him, she realize that he didn't even look at her. 

"Hi Jung Hwa! want to practice with me?" suddenly kai come up infront of her. "uh yeah...sure" as Kai hold out his hand. "No way! i'm going to teach her!" suddenly luhan come up infront of her. "uh--well let's just practice together then"

Every once in a while, she would took a glance at baekhyun did he actually avoiding me?....or it's just that he didn't see me?.....she keeps on wondering when she didn't realize that she stepped on Kai's feet "OW!" 

"i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to! oh how clumsy of me i'm sorry!" "it's okay, it didn't really hurt actually, let's just continue" kai answered,

"Okay guys! your time's up! let's move on to your schedule" Jung Hwa grabs her back and went to the other room. She placed her bag beside the piano and pulled out her music sheet. I should practice this with baekhyun.....should i asked him to come?

She walked out of her room and went to the exo's practice room. She saw baekhyun and the other guys warming up with simple melody to sing. She knocks on the door and peek "uh...hello? can i asked for companion here?" 

The music coach smiles and nods. "Yes, just come in grab your partner for your upcoming competition." 

Jung Hwa walks towards baekhyun and with a small voice. "Do you want to helped me with my music sheet?" she asked. It was all silence because all of them are waiting for the reply; even chen managed to whistle in this silence (which he gained a nudge from kai for doing that)

Baekhyun's jaw hardened. He closed his eye for a second. Once he opened his eye, he answered. "no. sorry. busy"

Only three words. Three words coming from his mouth. And all of them are not the ones that Jung Hwa wants to hear. Jung Hwa can't even cry or laugh at that moment. She's in shock for rejected like that.

"I'll company you" suddenly, D.O stand up from his seat and walked towards Jung Hwa. "I don't know what's wrong with you today  hyung, but you better didn't do something that could break her like this." as both Jung Hwa and D.O walked out of exo's practice room. She could hear Chanyeol yelling at jhim "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! ARE YOU MAD?!"

As both of them walked towards Jung Hwa's practice room, she just stare blankly at the floor.She didn't dare to look at D.O. She just can't.

"Don't worry Jung Hwa." D.O said, Makes all of her imaginations goes off. "Everytime baekhyun hyung did that, there must be a good reason behind it. Trust me" he said as he opened the door for her.

They sat on the piano chair and started to sing. It was the same song that she and baekhyun play the day before this happened.  

"Is this the song that you've made?it's great!" d.o's eyes wides open and he smiled. "thankyou so much d.o, for helping me today. i don't know what i would do without you" they both hugged and smiled. "it's a pleasure"

They talk...and talk and talk until they realize it's almost time to go home. "is it okay for you to accompany me everyday until the competition came?" she asked worriedly. "Its okay! really. as long as i'm going to sing too right?now let's get back to exo's room"

They walked out of Jung Hwa's practice room and went to the exo's practice room. They still talking eventhough they're already in the exo's practice room. Everyone greeted them...except baekhyun.

"Hey hey hey what's going on here.....we only left both of you for hours and both of you are this close?" said Chen. Gaining another light punches from everyone except that one, suddenly-cold person.

"What are you even talking about guys. we're just talking right?" d.o chuckled. "yeah we're just talking" Jung Hwa laughed. "seriously talking or talking in another meaning?" this time, it's kai. Gaining a newer light punches from everyone.

BANG! the door slammed close really hard. As she's trying to recover from her shock, she looks at one person that walked out of the room coldly. "YAH! BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol ran towards him and chase him.

Everyone started to calmed Jung Hwa down. "is me and kai's teasing too much? i don't think baekhyun's a type that would get angry easily." chen said. This time is different, he gained nods from everyone.

"You're right, baekhyun hyung is not a hot headed person. He's actually the one who's an all rounder around us." kai said. D.O suddenly decided to speak up too. "i think hyung's having a hard time, andthe only thing that we need to do.....is to stay by his side. Just like what Chanyeol hyung always do."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day's passed and passed by practicing in the SMbuilding. D.O did a good job by staying by Jung Hwa to helped her improve her singing before the competition started. 

But the ignoring is still going on. Eventhough Chanyeol already tried to make him talk to Jung Hwa, eventhough they always together in the same room, eventhough they faced each other, even if the coach ask them to be partner for dancing, still. He gave her the cold shoulder.

She can't even complain about it, like who is she? his girlfriend? pfftt she wish. 

But Jung Hwa and D.O became closer and closer. They become a bestfriend. This, makes baekhyun always took a glance at her, everytime she's with D.O. eventhough she didn't notice.

"Hey, relax baek. They're just a close friend" Chanyeol stood up beside baekhyun, who's carefully watching both of them from a far. "yeah i know....." 

"is it true that you make some kind of agreement with that witch?" Chanyeol asked. "what else can i do? it's the only way i could save both of them"

"yeah, you save her. But you didn't save her heart" That sentence widened baekhyun's eyes. He just scoff and laughed bitterly. "I'm surprised she still wear that ring i gave her yeol....." 

"Same as you, baek" as Chanyeol stood up and leave him there alone.

Baekhyun could only sighed seeing everything that is happening in front of him.

 

 

 

 

Jung Hwa stood beside D.O as the three of them (Jung Hwa, D.O and Kai) talking together. Jung Hwa can't help but steal some glances to baekhyun and chanyeol who stood far from where they're standing.

Is he...looking at me?pfft well you wish Jung Hwa. As she talks to herself. 

"where are you looking at Jung Hwa?" snapped Kai. He tried to get a better look of someone who'smaking Jung Hwa keep staring at his/her.

"Can you be more clueless than this Kai? Of course it's baek hyung! look there!" D.O push Kai to where Jung Hwa stands to get a better look. And Jung Hwa? she could only remain silent as she blushed.

"Aww look! Jung Hwa's blushing!!" said Kai. Both Kai and D.O laughed hysterically and ruffled Jung Hwa's hair. "Come on! you make it messier than it was!" Jung Hwa protested.

As they all laughing, Jung Hwa's phone rings. "aww who ruins the fun now" said Kai. Jung Hwa hits him on the arm and excused herself.

"Hello?" 

"Jung Hwa! it's been a long time since i talk to you!" Wait....who is this.....Jung Hwa looks at her phone screen.....Song Jung Min....

"Brother?!!!OhmyGod it's been a long time!!" she answered.

"I know right! so how's life?"

The phone's going on for about almost 2 hours. She's just really happy for the fact that her brother's already back!

Her brother too, missed her very much. He wants to see how well his little sister have grown up.

"So....got boyfriend already?" his brother asked.

"what?no! not yet!" she answered shockingly.

"well maybe i was just in time" there was a long pause that Jung Hwa thought the call's already ended.

"I'm going to take you tomorrow to somewhere and i wanted you to meet someone" her brother said. "What?! no! why?" 

"Come on, i wanted to make an arranged marriage for you!" 

Jung Hwa shocked. Her face went from a really-bright-girl to super-depressed-girl.

"What? i-i can't!" she stuttered, How could i ended up with someone that i didn't love?! 

"you have to! unless you already have a boyfriend. That's fine with me. But you said that you didn't have one right?" Jung Min said.

"W-well i have someone whose close to me right now! and i like him!" she lied. whatever.

"Well i wanted to meet him tomorrow so....bring him to our usual diner tomorrow at 7pm kay? whoops! gotta go! bye Jung Hwa!" and by that, the call's ended.

Jung Hwa walked back to the practice room with a blank face. She walks towards Kai and D.O

"what happened sis?" asked Kai. She stared for a minute and shaked her head

 

"would you guys help me?"

 

Jung Hwa tells them everything. About the arranged marriage, the agreement. "and....yes i need to get a boyfriend right away." Kai nidge D.O "who says she doesn't have one? he's the one who keeps looking to this direction everytime Jung Hwa's around" both of them giggled except Jung Hwa. She hits kain on his arm "Stop it! seriously!"

"Aw....okay okay how about this? D.O hyung pretend to be your boyfriend just on that day. and afterwards BAM everything's done. Sounds good right?" kai suggested.

Jung Hwa looks at D.O and nods in agreement "that...is quite clever'

"It's simple" as Kai walks away from them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's finally here. The day where she needs to prove her brother that she (really) have a boyfriend.

She sits at their favorite diner and waited for D.O or her brother to come. It's been awhile since i'm here....i should go here more often.

"Jung Hwa!" the door at the diner open. It was her brother, Jung Min "hi! look at you....so beautiful yet still looks like a little girl. How long have you waited here?" Jung Min asked.

"Not that long, so what did you do in your life may i asked?" 

They talk (again) for god knows how long. But Jung Hwa can't stop fidgeting and she looked really worried and keep glancing at the door. where's kyungsoo?! he should've been here awhile ago!

"So...where's your boyfriend?" her brother asked. "He's late a bit late, you don't mind right?" she smiled bitterly. Come on d.o kyungsoo!

Jung Hwa feels really nervous since d.o didn't answer her text. eventhough Jung Hwa already texted him for like more than 20 times.

An hour passed. She keeps on fidgeting that her brother though that she's sick. "I'm okay" she smiled,

"Hi Jung Hwa, sorry i'm late" as she turned around. She felt really reliefed. "Thank god, where have you--BAEKHYUN?!" her eyes widened in shock as she stand up from her seat and was about to slap him in the face.

"Sorry i'm late" he kissed her forehead "Why are you so shocked baby? missed me?" as he sat down beside Jung Hwa.

"Hi, i'm byun baekhyun. You must be her brother, Jung Min. Pleased to meet you" baekhyun said as he shakes Jung Min's hand.

"As for a start.....you're not that bad" Jung Min nods. While Jung Hwa still in shocked and Baekhyun smiling like he didn't have any explanation to do.

 

 

 

"I can't believe that my sister did that?! Jung Hwa, you should be thankful by having baekhyun always by your side!" as Jung Min and Baekhyun talking together (and they matched really well) Jung Hwa could only stare at her drinks or play with her phone.

Times passed by and it's almost night. Jung Min excused himself and leave first. Leaving Jung Hwa and Baekhyun on the table. alone.

As her brother walked past the door, Jung Hwa immediately sits  a bit far from baekhyun; she sits on the end of the sofa. 

She fisinshed her milkshake and, without even saying anything. She leaves first. She put some money on the table and went through the door.

She walks thorugh the door and closes the door behind her, she was about to run away because she's scared of everything, but suddenly, another hand catches her wrist and turned her around.

She was about to say something but the person who catches her hand immediately hugs her. "I'm sorry Jung Hwa, I'm sorry" baekhyun said.

She didn't understand. She doesn't want to. Jung Hwa pushed him off her "What is wrong with you?!" she yells at him. 

"Everyday i'm trying my best not to look like i'm hurt because of the act you did to me! do you know how much it hurts? no! i'd rather die than passing everyday with you ignoring me! i don't understand! i'm tired baek, i'm tired of guessing!" Jung Hwa yells about everything. She didn't care anyone looking at them. She didn't care. Even a bit.

"Jung Hwa please....just this time, i'm sorry. You don't understand! It's because of something that i need to do this-"

"What something?" Jung Hwa asked. She stared at his eyes. Waiting for answer.

Baekhyun kept silent. He can't tell her. He can't. That means he's breaking his promise. He just kept silent and close his mouth.

Jung Hwa scoffs and nods. "You're right. I don't understand. That's what i thought" as she turned away.

Jung Hwa walks away for awhile, before she starts to running and running. Don't let those tears falls down Jung Hwa........She starts to sobs as she run and run and run faster to her house.

It's enough.................

beep!beep!beep!beep!

Her alarm clock beeps. She wokes up from her sleep only to found the only thing that she could do is stare blankly at her blanket.

She walks to her bathroom, only to find her eyes pretty swollen. It's because i cried yesterday.......that my eyes turns out like this......

She throw some frozen cotton balls to her eyes to help reducing the swollen. As she took a shower and prepared everything to go practice.

Jung Hwa didn't feel like having breakfast today, she only made some coffee and put it in her coffee tumbler. "This is gonna be a long day"

She arrived at the practice room, and without even looking or bothering to visit the exo's practice room. She hurriedly put her bag on the floor, closed the door and started to practice.

She keeps and keeps on practicing alone. Then she heard a knock.

"Can i come in?" it's D.O

She turned her head to the door. "D.O!" she rans to the door and hugged him. He hugged him back.

"Whoa whoa whoa what is it?" he asked. As she walks to the piano and asked him to come. "Is something bad going on?"

"Nope. Now just help me practice!" she smiled. He just chuckled and sit beside her.

Of course, after long hours of practice, its always best to sit and talk with your best friend. Jung Hwa tells D.O everything yesterday, as she pucnhed D.O on the arm because D.O can't come.

"Actually...." D.O rubs his neck. He felt a bit awkward for telling her the true story. "This is what happened yesterday"
 

So i was about to meet you, at the diner as you said. When i was about to walked out the dorm, Suho hyung asked me what i am doing. And i tell him the truth, Suho kind of laughing a bit and he said "Take good care of her, okay?" i was about to opened the door, but then i saw Baekhyun hyung behind Suho, he said "D.O" 

I thought something bad would happened that i accompany you to be your "fake" boyfriend, i thought baekhyun hyung would be angry with me because believe me, no one wants to see him when he's angry;because it's rare for him to get angry.

"I'll replace you" 

"what?hyung?" i asked again. It was fine with me if he wants to replace me, i didn't mind. But than i thought about you and his condition right away. "Okay hyung, i'll tell her" 

"no, don't tell her" as he closed my phone. "i'm going" he finally said. "where is it?"

I tell him where it is and he nods. He waves me and Suho hyung goodbye. 

I looked at Suho hyung, and as if he knows what i'm about to ask, he said "it's gonna be alright"

As D.O tells her the real story, Jung Hwa's eyes began to get teary again.

D.O noticed this. "come on, don't cry. You did nothing wrong,i swear. What you did yesterday is right. If i were you, i would've done the same thing"

D.O pats her back to make her comfortable, but unfortunately. Baekhyun saw it as another thing.

Baekhyun finds Chanyeol on the practice room as he mouthed "5 minutes. Out. Now"

Baekhyun walked with Chanyeol along the corridor as he talks about everything that is happening yesterday and what he sees today.

"Come on baek, you know it's your fault." Chanyeol said. "And Jung Hwa needs someone to comfort her. Her family's busy, her friends is not like us, they're not trainees or something. She need someone to talk to. And it's usually you. But than, you had to do this act, that's why now she's the one who give you the cold shoulder." 

"but-"

Baekhyun sighed. This is not what he wanted it to be. "I guess you're right" as he took a sip of his coffee.

"And i'm warning you baek." Chanyeol suddenly spoke again. "If you ever thinking of getting jealous over D.O and tried to punch him, i swear i'm not going to forgive you. We all know the one he likes is not her, and we all know the only guy Jung Hwa wants to be is....." Chanyeol points all over baekhyun. "Right here'

"So don't you ever did something stupid. Think first baek, that's what Suho hyung always told us."

"I will" baekhyun nods.

As baekhyun and chanyeol parted from each other, he planned to go to the rooftop. He arrives there, only to be greeted by the witch evil.
 

"Hey honey, how you doing?" said Hyuna.

"What do you want? Where's Kris? You told me that you're going to tell me right before the competition ends. And there's only two days left. When will you tell me?" baekhyun asked. His eyes are furious.

"sshh patient honey." Hyuna walked to him and placed her finger over his mouth. "If you're going to be patient, i give you everything" she said.

"I did every agreement we agreed to. And promise is promise." baekhyun said.

"i actually going to tell you here...." Hyuna said.  She put her arm around baekhyun. "But i wanted to tell you something"

"Just get this over with" baekhyun rolls his eye. "i broke a promise" hyuna said as she smiled sweetly.

Baekhyun eyes wide opened. "what did you just do?" 

Hyuna hugs him as she tells him "You remember my promise not to hurt her?"

"Of course, it's our deal" baekhyun said as he tried to released himself from her hug. "Don't you ever tried to break my hug. Or i'll never tell where Kris is."

As Hyuna continue her talk, she saw Jung Hwa walking past the rooftop and saw her with baekhyun hugging. "I just break her. into pieces. right now. look at me"

Baekhyun looks at her and they're about to kiss. Hyuna leans in closer and closer as her eyes looking to the door and found Jung Hwa gasping. 

"STOP IT!" baekhyun pushed her away. Hyuna was too shocked that her eyes wide opened. "You broke our agreement by breaking her to pieces?!"

"And it all thanks to you." Hyuna said as she her lips. "I was about taste that soft lips of yours, honey" 

Did she.....saw me and hyuna was about to kiss......?

Baekhyun scoffed. "You know what?"

"Screw this agreement. You break your promise? and so did I. I don't care whether you're going to tell me where Kris is or not, but i'm, going to find him MYSELF." baekhyun rans to the door and tried to chase Jung Hwa.

But she's gone. She's somewhere inside the building that he can't do anything about it. He punches the nearest wall. He didn't care how hurt it is. He just hurt her even more,...........i'm sorry Jung Hwa.......

 

Jung Hwa ran and ran to her practice room, as she found D.O sits on the piano chair. "Hey Jung Hwa are we going to pr- what are you doing?" as he saw Jung Hwa packing her stuff.

"I'm leaving" she said. She darts off the door but before that, D.O already catch her. "What are you thinking?!the competition is in two days! and  you're thinking of leaving? not practicing?!"

Jung Hwa falls to the floor as she cried. D,O, too shocked from what he sees, could only sit on the floor either. "shh shh what happened?"

D.O saw Kai, Chen, and the other was about to come in to the practice room, so he shushed them away. He mouthed "go away!"

After the member's already past their practice room, D.O hugs Jung Hwa "sshh shh calm down....calm down...." 

He helped her to stand up as they sit on the piano. Her sobs starting to fade away as she wipes all of her tears. "I'm sorry to making you having a hard time like t-this.." Jung Hwa said as she stuttered.

"Nope, it's okay. You can tell me whenever you need to" he said as he pat Jung Hwa's back.

Jung Hwa spilled it out, everything. She told him about what she sees, she told him how she feels. She just tell him everything.

"I told you the last time Jung Hwa, but i'm going to say it again, and it's gonna be the last" D.O said as he makes a serious face. "There is a good reason behind all of this"

Jung Hwa could just nods. "i hope so, d.o. i hope so"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day of the competition is finally here. Jung Hwa prepares for everything. She even drive off to the building where she needs to be.

She walked to the lift as she waits until she gets to the 7th floor. Suddenly, the lift stops at 4th floor. And someone comes in. Hyuna

She turns her head away and scoffs. "Just so you know you little skunk" she said. "I'm gonna win. again." 

Jung Hwa chuckles. "let's see"

They both arrived at 7th floor and Hyuna purposely pushed her so that she could fall. But, unfortunately Jung Hwa knows it as she walks aside and it only makes Hyuna fall on her own. "OW!"

"Oh, i'm so sorry Hyuna! are you hurt?" Jung Hwa said as she smirked and helped her to get up. Hyuna pouts as she yells "I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP!"

Everyone's attention turns to them and some people starts to murmuring "what kind of a girl she is.....how lucky her friend wants to help her" "ew who did she think she is?"

Hyuna's face turns as red as tomato as she stomped off the corridor. Jung Hwa just chuckled slightly and walks to her dressing room.

As she opens the door, she saw her mom welcoming her and asked her to sit down. "Mom!!" she ran to her mom and hugged her.

"You're big already and you still hanging to your mom like this?" her mom chuckled. "i don't care:

"Come on, let's get you started" as she sits down and her let her mom do all of the magic to her.

As her mom did her make up and hair and stuff, the member's starts to come in to her dressing room and say hi to her. Some of them even hugged her. Earning a slight punch from her mom because it will ruin the make up.

"Come on! it's a hugg!" as Kai out. Jung Hwa mom's only scrolls her eyes.

Where's baekhyun....?stop it Jung Hwa! Stop hoping for him!

"Jung Hwa!" D.O comes in as well as chanyeol. "D.O!" he ran to her and hug her. This time, he earns a glare from her mom. "Sorry!it's been long time not seeing you to! you've been working with snsd sunbaenim on their world tour!" as D.O hugs Jung Hwa's mom.

"Yeah yeah, you kids must really missed me or else i'm not getting all you kids hair's done" all of them laughed.

"You're going to sing with me right?" Jung Hwa asked D.O. "yes, and there's gonna be surprise later" D.O smiled.

"What is it?" she asked. "If i tell you right now, it's not going to be a surprise anymore right?"

As Jung Hwa finishes her make up and hair, her mom gestured her to come along. She walks to the place where there's curtain on it. 

Her mother's opens her curtain and the only this she could do is opened . "A princess shouldn't opened that wide, honey" her mom said.

How could she not opened . In front of her is a really beautiful strapless-long-white dress, 

"Ohmygod...mom, this is beautiful!" she hugged her mom. Her mom chuckled. "I know, go on and wear it. It's your clothes for your performance"

She enters the curtains as she changed. Her mom waited her outside  

As she finished wearing her heels and her clothes she opened the curtain.

This time, it's her mom that opened . "You....are the most beautiful girl i've ever seen. The only thing that's left is......this" her mom put her a necklace around her neck as she gasped.

"But mom....this is what dad gave you the last time...." "it's a promise, to protect you and your brother, until the last breath. But now, i think it's best to keep you safe" her mum hugged her and smiled.

"Thanks mom" she kissed her mom's cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too, now go out there and wait until your turn comes"

Jung Hwa walks out of the curtain as she walked towards the exo's member. She wanted to sit on the sofa as she saw one spot left. As she walks down and sit, everyone just stared at her. "What?" she asked them.

Kai whistled. "DAAANG GURL you look so fine!" 

"Noona you look gorgeous!" sehun said.

Compliment after compliment come and all she could do is nod and say thankyou. She heard Kai whisper to Suho "Hyung, how lucky baekhyun hyung could get a girl like her. I want a girl like her too" Suho whacks his head. "This kid...."

They all laughing, but inside, Jung Hwa felt really nervous. will the show ends well? will it be alright?

"You're gonna be fine" Chanyeol sits beside her as he bring some water for her to drink. "Thanks" 

"Baekhyun's late. Don't worry, he wouldn't miss your competition" Chanyeol said. It actually make her felt relieved but.........also sad.

She decided to take some rest. She took her jacket and put it on her so that her she didn't get cold, And by that, she fell asleep. 

 

As she opened her eyes, she stretched her body. She drink her water and realized that she's covered with blanket.  again? who did this?

She looked at the time. 5:20. two hours left before her stage comes. She starts to warmed up her voice and went to her mom to get some touch ups before she went on stage.

She hummed her own songs as she started to get ready. The staff of the stage finally come to her room and asked her to come to the backstage to stand by. She keep hummed her songs to warmed up .

It's almost time......i need to win this. i need to. and i want to. 

One more turn, and it's hers. She keeps fidgeting but she tried to calmed herself. "You can do this....you can do this...breath in...breath out." she keeps doing it until she felt relax.

But before she went on the stage, she asked one of the staff is D.O ready or not, and they smiled. Like something is going to happen. "Yes, he's ready"

 

 

 

"Come on, hop on....careful careful. Now, what the stage is gonna be is, you're going to sit here, and when you starts singing, just walk to center of stage as you can see that big X there, and just sing" th staff smiled and giving me goodluck.

The stage becomes into somewhat looked like a park. She sits on the bench as she saw a piano beside it. "D.O's gonna be here, i'm gonna be okay"

The lights started to turned off. She gets ready as she sits on the bench and waited for the music to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qdthMOY-Bc

The intro from the piano starts. She keeps praying inside her heart that baekhyun would be right infront of her right now, but her thought could only be on the competition.
 
As the music starts, the lights on the center is on.
 
She took a deep breath......and starts singing
 
I like to say....we gave it a try
I like to blame...all on life
Maybe we just weren't right.....
But that's a lie....that's a lie
 
And we can deny it...as much as we want
And in time....our feelings will show
Cause sooner or later....we'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is....everyone knows
 
Almost...almost is never enough
So close to being in love
If i would have known that you wanted me.....the way i wanted you
And maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here, in each others arms
 
And we almost. We almost knew what love was.
But Almost is never enough
 
Jung Hwa takes a deep breath as she waits for D.O to sing his part.
 
If i could change....the world overnight
 
Wait....this is not D.O
 
There be no....such thing as goodbye
 
Jung Hwa remembers this soft voice................
 
You'd be standing right where you are.....and we get the chance we deserve
 
She didn;t dare to look back. She didn't there to look who's behind the piano.
 
Trying to deny it as much as you want.
But in time, our feelings will show
 
Jung Hwa holds her mic, as she gather her courage to starts singing together.
 
Cause sooner or later, we'll wonder why give up
The truth is, everyone knows
 
Almost.
Almost is never enough
 
Baekhyun walks towards Jung Hwa as she just stared to the audience in front of her. He stands beside Jung Hwa and sing together.
 
So close to being....in love
If i would've known that you wanted me.....the way i wanted you
And maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart, but right here. in each other's arms
And we almost
We almost knew what love was
But almost is never enough
 
Jung Hwa  finally turns around to see the guy she's expecting. Baekhyun....
 
She can't believe it as she tried to find D.O. She saw him. Sitting with the other members as he smiled widely.
 
She trembled. She can't hold it. She wanted to cry. Right now. 
 
Baekhyun noticed it as he took Jung Hwa's hands and hold it in his hand.
 
Oh....oh baby
You know, you know baby.
Almost. Baby, baby, baby
You know baby
 
She holds her mic up, eventhough she's trembling. She nods at baekhyun as he couraged Jung Hwa to sing.
 
And we can deny it.....as much as we want
But in time, our feelings will showC
Cause sooner or later we'll wonder why we gave up
Truth is, everyone knows
 
They nod in agreement
 
Almost.
Almost is never enough
We were close to being....in love
If i would've known that you wanted me, the way i wanted you
And maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here, in each others arms
 
And we almost, we almost knew what love was
Almost is never enough......
 
The song's ended with a bow. As the audience applauds really loud. The judges nods in agreement seeing both of them singing in harmony.
 
"So, tell me Song Jung Hwa" one of the judge asked her. "Did you make your song by yourself?" 
 
Jung Hwa nods. "Yes" she smiled. She felt really proud of what she did right now. The audience apllaud harder than it should be.
 
"I object!" suddenly, one of the girl from the contestant seat rise up. Hyuna
 
"That should've been my song! i wrote that and she stole it from me!" 
 
Jung Hwa shocked. Baekhyun hugs her as he reassure her that its going to be okay.
 
"excuse me" one of the audience stood up. Its kyungsoo. "I object too. As a singer, if i am going to make a song, i'm going to make it like it's a signature  for me so the audience can remember me. Hyuna, can you recites Jung Hwa's high notes for one bit?"
 
The crowd went silent. Jung Hwa holds baekhyun's hand much tighter. 
 
"O-of course i can! Hear me!"
 
Hyuna tries to remember the notes as she stuttered to finding the right notes. 
 
The crowd goes on booing Hyuna. Jung Hwa felt sorry for her, she screamed. "STOP!"
 
The crowd went silent as they turned to Jung Hwa. She clears "let's hear what the judges has to say"
 
"So, miss Hyuna." One of the judges puts off her glasses. "it's been proven that you did not make this song. Anything else you wanted to add? and you may know that your points will be decreased because of this serious accusation"
 
Hyuna sits on her chair and pouted. She didn't like it that her plan is always a failure. She looked around the room and didn't found any back up.
 
"So, i guess this is the only thing that the three of us wanted to say to both of you. Well, Jung Hwa of course. You're already a star Byun Baekhyun. It's good to seeing you growing up like this." the judge say.
 
Jung Hwa wants to let go of baekhyun's hug but baekhyun refused. He kept Jung Hwa on his hug and even grip her tighter. Jung Hwa looks at him confusedly.
 
"The only thing that the three of us wanted to say is that. what a beautiful song, and what's more. You sing it beautifully. Perfect. It was well done"
 
"And i'm proud to say, the winner of this year rookie's competition goes to..." the judges rises from their sit and yells "SONG JUNG HWA!"
 
The crowd cheers. Baekhyun hugs Jung Hwa tightly as her tears started to fall down. The exo member started to run to the stage and hugged them all. "God! i thought that i was gonna die in there!" said D.O 
 
Jung Hwa punches him on the arm "Ow! what was that for?!" 
 
"For not telling me your plan" Jung Hwa smiled. "It's a surprise right?" D.O laughed and they hugged.
 
"Congratulations hyung!" "Congrats Jung Hwa! we're so happy!" "Don't forget to treat us some food!" the crowd cheers for us and Jung Hwa swear she saw her family backstage and she saw her coach. She mouthed "Thank you so much" as she wipes her tears.
 
"But before that" everyone turns around. Baekhyun was standing in the middle of the exo member and he holds a mic.
 
"I wanted to thank a girl that suddenly come to my life" Baekhyun said as he walked towards Jung Hwa closer and closer.
 
"I never thought that i would find such a special girl, a girl that is hard to find. A girl that is so unique. The first time i met her, she didn't understand anything about korea. It's weird though but exciting at the same time. We went on the same practice and i know it's cheesy, but it was faith. Everytime i tried to ignore you, i tried. But everyone knows that i can't except you" Baekhyun holds Jung Hwa hands as she fells on the floor.
 
"And i'm really sorry for the act that i did, i just had to and you didn't want to listen to me. I tried but you just don't want to. I know how hurt you are that you don't even want to listened to me. Will you forgive me?" Baekhyun knelt down beside her.
 
Jung Hwa sobs and nods, she still close her face and sobbing.
 
"And as for closing today, i wanted to asked you the most important thing." Baekhyun said as he tried to see Jung Hwa's face because she cover it with her hand.
 
"And i'm not kidding."
 
Baekhyun connects his ring with Jung Hwa's 
 
"I love you. And will you, Song Jung Hwa, take me to be your boyfriend?" 
 
The crowd went to cheer them and the exo members started to mouth "SAID YES!! COME ON!"
 
Hyuna rised from her sit and screamed "what?!" but her voice is covered by the crowd.
 
The judges smiled caringly to both of them. 
 
Their family on backstage starts to clapped because of excitement.
 
Jung Hwa looked up to baekhyun as she answered
 
"I'll take you, Byun Baekhyun. To be my boyfriend" as Baekhyun helped her to rised up and, shockingly, kissed Jung Hwa on the lips for real and the crowds went crazy.
 
They looked at each other's eyes for a while and starts to hug each other.
 
"I love you too, Byun Baekhyun" as baekhyun carress her hair.