9

Throwback

Jung Hwa POV

I arrived at the practice room and put my bag down near the door. I arrived at the practice room really early in the morning and i don't think there's anyone else here beside me.

I texted kai to arrived here earlier but i think he's going to be late. Whatever, i'm going to practicey myself.

I started to do some warm up before kai come. But when i look around the room and did a bit of jogging around the room, i saw another bag (not mine) on the floor.

That means there's already another person in here.....is it kai? but he would texted me first if he's close to the building. I started to wonder who it is and still doing some warm up.

I started to practice the dance that kai teaches me yesterday. And i just realize....this dance needs a partner. I can't do it by myself.

I just started to tap a little bit and pretend there's a partner in front of me. I feel a little bit stupid but....this is what i can do before kai's coming.

I used my ipod to dance to the music. While i was dancing i heard the sound of the door open and a footstep. I hope it's not kris...i hope it's not kris. I still dancing to the song and i accidently pressed the pause button.

"You look pretty dumb dancing alone like that. Even if i'm not the best dancer i can tell that you need a partner" Suddenly there's someone speaking behind me. I turned around. Baekhyun.

My hearts racing and suddenly the kris-kissed-my-cheek-incident pop up in my head. I started shaking my head "well, i was waiting for kai to come here. I told him to come earlier but it seems like he's going to be late. Do you always come here this morning?" i asked him. "Yea, because i need to worked out my dance a lot more than the others." He said.

There was an awkward silence after that. I was thinking to asked him to be my partner for a while but....NO! it's not gonna happen. be cool. be cool.

I started to walked in front of the room to start practicing again but then "I could be your partner for a while. I know i'm not the best dancer but i can help you. I know that dance anyway." I turned my body and saw baekhyun started to did some warm up.

ohmygod...IT'S HAPPENING. WHAT SHOULD I DO WHAT SHOULD I DO. KEEP COOL KEEP COOL. BREATH...BREATH....I started to remind myself like that. "uh...well if you don't mind"

He started to followed me and stood beside me. I used the computer in the practice room to play the music so the sound would be bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6U4CQ0q2g   (IU - Beautiful Dancer, play it while you read this! it's a really beautiful song)

As the music start, he asked "Can i took your hand?." And i placed my hand to his hand. Wow his hand is bigger than mine.....My heart beats really fast. He's taller than me. I felt my cheeks got reddened just because of this.

Okay...focus on your dancing. I started to dance and it feels magical....it feels like i'm one of the princess from the disney movie.

He started to swing me around and we started to cooperate with each other. I felt my heart is ready to explode.

Don't be afraid

you're gonna be okay

It finally comes to an end and this is the part where i need to put my hand around his neck and he put his hand around my waist. 1000 thoughts come to my mind and i keep telling myself that i need to focus.

Suddenly there's around of big applause and when i looked around the EXO member and Lisa were watching the whole dance that we did. Even our trainer's there.

"wow baek, you really stepped up a lot. That was the most romantic and cooperative dance i've ever seen. You made us feel like both of you don't care about the outer world and there's only the two of you. Well, it's settled. Now you and baekhyun are going to the competition for the duet one. Because there's two kind of dancing. The solo and the duet. And i'm proud to make baekhyun your partner." Said our trainer. Everyone's cheering loudly.

Kai came to me and said "looks like you don't need my help anymore." he smirked. I laugh "Oh don't be silly. you're the best teacher i've ever had!" i said. "i'm proud of you" and we hug. A really warm-friendly hug that i almost feel like kai's my brother.

The crowds started to get busy with their own thing when baekhyun came to me and said "great job. not bad for a rookie like you." I smiled. "Not bad for a person that said that he's-not-that-good-in-dancing" we laughed. I felt really happy inside.

I ran to lisa and she hugged me "that was the most beautiful dance i've ever seen in my life!" I smiled. "well, that was unexpected" we started to chat along our way to the changing room when suddenly kris appeared in front of me. I shocked and almost fall.

"Whoa! be careful there." he said "that was an amazing performance. i wished i could be baekhyun to dance with you but, i don't think this is my chance." i smiled awkwardly. "Well, it's only for my competition so it's not a big deal." i replied.

"Hmm eventhough i'm not going to enter that competition with you, but i will support you. I will come to the day the competition start." he said. I was kind of trying to refuse his offer...i can't. He's too kind and if i refused, he would think that i'm rude. "well see you then"

Lisa knew there's something odd from my gesture. And she asked "i do think there's something happened while i was not here. May i know what it is?" she asked. I looked at her and said  "promise me you won't tell anybody about this" "i promise" she said.

I linked my pinky finger with her and told her everything that happened last night. She almost screamed but i cover so she would shut up.

"Ohmygod!! i'm so jealous like right now!!he definitely likes you" she said. "maybe" i said. We walked towards my house when suddenly she said "It's so lucky for you to have two good looking guy to like you at the same time"

"What? two guys? i thought you say it was only kris." i asked her. "You don't know?! oh my god how clueless you are. it's baekhyun!! me, jessica, tiffany, kai and the others have been talking about baekhyun and you ever since you participate in the competition. The way he looks at you, the way he smiled at you. it was all different."

"That's we cheered happily when you and baekhyun got paired. I know that you like baekhyun. It's the same way from what baekhyun did to you. It's just that you're really shy." Lisa said. She really know me that i didn't even argue about that.

"Well, we need to focused on the competition first before we head on to the next level" i said. "Yeah, but i do hope that you will make the right choice" she said. It makes me abit confused but.....well let's just go home and get rest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since i got paired with baekhyun, i saw kris glaring at him everytime we ended our rehearsal. I ignored it but...it's kind of bothering me a bit. But when i think that i got paired with baekhyun, is the best thing that ever happened in my life.

Sometimes he ask me "are you okay" for like a lot of time just because i'm nervous (by standing really close too him of course) but then i need to focused. I have to tell myself that for like every second.

Each day, everyday, two weeks have passed and the day for the competition to start is almost here.

I got really nervous and our trainer said that it's gonna be okay as long as i danced with my passion, with my goal. and it built my courage up.

And the day that we all waiting for.......has come.

 

THE COMPETITION

We all went to the dressing room to change clothes and i saw my mom standing there waiting for my turn to get makeover.

When it's finally my turn, my mom come and did my hair

"You know, i always wanted to do this ever since i had a child. You have grown up as a beautiful young lady." said my mom. I almost cried because of her sudden sentence.

"You always make me proud honey. i'm so sorry you need to help me by working on a beauty store" she said.

"It's okay mom. All the things that i did for you is nothing than what you did for me. I worked at the beauty store because i wanted to help you, not because you asked me to. I'm happy mom. Thank you so much" I hug her.

My mom starts to do her work and i was playing with my phone. Suddenly there's someone poke my shoulder.

I put my phone down (and got irritated a litle bit because i was playing my favorite game!) and looked up.

"Are you nervous?" said baekhyun. I got shocked a little and suddenly my mom said "Your hair's done. I'll leave you now~" mom. i hate you. (justkidding).

"Um...a little bit. why?" i asked. He kneeldown beside me and said "I'm actually really nervous right now because it's not a singing contest. But i think i will be better because you said so. And i'm dancing with you anyway."

I blushed. "W-well..good luck to us then" I handed out my hand to shake hands. He grabbed it and suddenly he pulled me closer and hug me.

I froze. It feels like those thing that people called......butterfly in your stomach things? yea i feel that.

I slowly hug him back but he kinda crushed me "uhh..baek? everyone's going to enter this room soon" i said. "oh uh yep sorry" he let go of his hug. No! don't. Oh what am i thinking.

It feels kinda awkward but we're still talking anyway. "JUNG HWA YAAH!!" suddenly someone screamed my name. Both of us jumped in shock. It's Kai, Chanyeol, Kris, Luhan,

"Hey guys!! so glad that you all come here!" i hugged them all. "of course we're coming! we wanted to support you. especially kris. he seems so eager about it." said Kai. I looked at kris and he's smiling like crazy.

"Hey guys!" baekhyun shout. And all of them (except kris) suddenly left me and talking to baekhyun. It felt kind of awkward.

"So.....i hope you're going to be okay on stage. I'm 100% sure baekhyun's taking a good care of you" said Kris. Oh he's taking a reaaally good care of me kris. lol. "uh yeah, he's a really good dance partner. I think i'm going to be okay" i answered.

"Hey you two!! me and chanyeol are hungry and of course, baekhyun and Jung Hwa can't go out since they're going to perform! let's go out and buy some food kris!" said luhan.

"Okay! Hey, promise me that you're gonna be okay?" ask Kris. "I promise"

And they left me and baekhyun alone again.

When i tried to take a look at him, i blushed. So i looked away and pretend that nothing's happening.

I picked up my phone and started to take a picture of my face. Not only the good one but (of course) the silly one.

After i took several pictures, i heard a laughter behind me. "pftt...what are you doing? shouldn't girls took a beautiful picture of themselves?" said baekhyun.

"well....girls can do anything they like right? If i took a picture of myself smiling everytime, it would've been boring" i answered and he still laughing. "Stop laughing!" i said.

He took a deep breath and said "I'm so sorry it's just that...you're different from any other girls i've met. well if you liked it then, here, let me join you" while taking a seat beside me.

It starts again. The butterfly in my stomach. But it all covered up because i laughed really hard whenever we took a picture of our silly faces. "Wow, you're really good in taking a silly photo" i said. "But i still as handsome as ever" he said. I hit him hard on his arm "Ow! I'm just kidding!" and i laughed.

After we took a bunch of silly pictures (and we think that it's time to stop before our belly explode because of laughter) he asked me "Do you want to linger around this building for awhile before the perform start? Just to make sure we're not going to get nervous" while he give me his hand.

"Sure, just for awhile right?" i asked. he nods while i took his hand and he leads me out of the room and he still holds my hand.

We're walking around the building and as for me, i don't really know the building very well so i asked him a lot about this building.

"Ahh..so that's where we're going to perform? how about the other contestant dressing room? can we visit there?" i asked. "Yeah, but it's pretty far. you sure you still wanted to walk around? are you tired or something?" he answered. That's so sweet of him for reminding me......

"Nope, it's fine" "okay then" and we walked towards another contestant dressing room.

As i looked around the building (trying to memorize it so i won't get lost anymore) he took my hand and put it on his jacket pocket. (Which REALLY makes me blushed and makes my heart race)

"You know, i remember the first time seeing you is when you almost fall running along at the 7th floor corridor trying to find something" he said. "So you remember?" i asked.

"Why wouldn't i? such a pretty girl bumped into me and almost fall. struggling to find the right words which that's when you can't really speak korean. I do notice you in the dressing room but you're talking with Kris in english and i don't really understand" he explained.

Ahh...so he did remember me that time. I thought. "But why did you ignore me?" suddenly (out of nowhere) i got the guts to say that.

"Um i mean....just forget it" i said. I looked away from his face and didn't dare to look at him.

"No no no no it's okay." "it's just that....I don't have the courage to talk to you in front of everyone. Remember that time when i helped you with google translate? I waited for everyone to leave just to do that." he said. "why?" i asked.

"Because all of my bestfriend, exo of course. Especially chanyeol, know how to read my mind just by looking at my gesture to a girl. He could tell in one glance that i like her or not" He explained.

I'm a bit confused and i gave him the i-don't-really-understand-what-you're-saying look. "uhh it doesn't mean that i don't like you! it's just that i like you, eh..no! i don't like..ah just forget it." Suddenly he flustered. Did i just saw him blushing? aww...that's so cute!

"It's okay, you don't need to try to explained it to me. You're doing your best" i looked at him and give him a really heart-warming smile.

We walked and walked and walked when he asked me "Well if i don't need to explained it, that means that i'm allowed to do this right?" He turned my head to look at his face and peck me on the lips.

I frozed and close my eyes. I didn't want to let go this moment.....it feels like all my worries are gone.

"Now me and kris are even" said baekhyun. What does he mean by saying that? "I heard from tao that he kissed your cheek. Now we're even" i blushed.

"we-well that's...." "unexpected?" he cut-off my sentence and i keep silent.

"We're almost there. at the other group dressing room. Look how crowded it is" he said. I still shocked from what he did but manage to stay calm.

It really is, crowded. But it's fun to watch them doing their things like this. It reminds me of those film that tells me about a workaholic girl that works like this.

"Hey, can we check the rehearsal stage?" i asked. "Yeah, it's not that far. come on" he said.

We walked and entered a mini-rehearsal stage. We're just watching them preparing the stage. I'm so excited that i start to clap my hand slowly.

When suddenly there's a girl that i know. the worst nightmare that i could imagine.The memories that i would never forget. This girl. That almost ruined my life.

My legs turned out to be a little wobbly and baekhyun noticed this. He catches me and said "Are you okay? what happened?" My face turned really pale. While this girl start to walk towards me.

"Life's not fair is it?" she said.

I took a deep breath and said:

"Hello Hyuna, Long time no see since that incident."