11

Throwback

Jung Hwa POV

"Jung hwa! jung hwa wake up!"  that's the last thing i heard......

I woke up and looked at the window. it's morning already.....where am i?  I looked around the room and realize it was my own room.

"huh?" i thought i was in the dressing room.....not in here. I put on my bathrobe and waled out of my room.

"Oh honey you're awake!" it was my mom. "I'm so glad you're awake, come here. i made some cream soup for you" she said.

I sat down near her. The soup is in front of me. I took the spoon but i didn't eat it immediately. I stare at the table and asked. "Who brought me here? i thought i was in the dressing room back then. what happened?"

"Oh...you didn't remember did you?okay let me tell you." "I was waiting for you to come home but you didn't showed up neither answering my call until like 10pm. I was really worried that i almost go back to the SMbuilding but then there's a knock outside the door. And i thought it was you." i nodded

"But then suddenly, all of the SMartist rushed to get into our house while baekhyun's carrying you because you fainted. And he asked where your room is and immediately put you down while the others are in the living room. I asked them what happened."

"They said they didn't really know either, but baekhyun suddenly running to us panting and said that he need a help. And when they went to see you, you're fainted. They said it was all Hyuna's trick to make you faint."

"So i asked baekhyun. He was in your room all the time. He holds your hand and only looked at you. I asked what happened and he said that he went searching for you and saw you and hyuna talking and she gave you some drink. When he pushed the door to the dressing room, he saw you drank the drink she just gave and fainted. It was all Hyuna's:

I shocked. So it was the tea.....how can i missed that. i looked at my mom "that's what happened? i don't remember a bit...except there's someone calling my name before i fainted." i said to my mom

"Maybe it was baekhyun. He didn't want to leave your room until 1am. But i told him to get rest and you're gonna be fine." I blushed. It was baekhyun?....i thought it was kris.

"Aww my daughter's blushing, what is it? do you like him?" Mom teases me. "Uh...no! i mean...uh i need to take a shower! there's a practice today!" i ran to my room and get ready for another practice.

As i walked along the road, on the way to the SM building, i was thinking about a lot of things. Why can't i remember yesterday's incident? is it because of what Hyuna's put in that drink? what is it?

I was thinking so hard that i didn't realize i got tons of text message. It was all from my bestfriend. The others, and Kris. Why didn't i see one from baekhyun?

I answered it all one by one and i realized that i'm arrived at the cafe (a.k.a practice room). I went in there and ordered one cup of coffee (take away). I sit there for awhile and suddenly, i got a call.

"hello?" "Hi, it's kris....uhmm are you okay? have you recover well?" "I'm okay. why are you asking?" "i was worried about you...that's why. I'll see you at the practice room. But i'll be there on the evening. Will you be there?" "Maybe i will um...thanks for asking me" "No prob. Bye"

I ended the call and realize it's 9 o'clock already. Where's baekhyun? He's my singing trainer for awhile..... But then i texted him:

"Where are  you?i'm already in the practice room. we have practice today you know" I texted him.

I thought he was going to replied right away but unfortunately, i need to wait. Suddenly my phone's ringing. Ah maybe it's baekhyun. But when i open my phone, it was from Kris.

"<3" he texted me this a lot. but i ignore it. I just saved it because i know he's my friend so he gave me a lots of love.

I waited for a little bit but the answer didn't come. So i decided to went upstairs and enter the singing room. There's a piano in there! ohmygod i'm so excited! and another musical instrument too! (I thought there would only be mic in here)

I put my bag on the floor and put out my partitur.

I walked towards the piano and sit.

I warmed up with a simple song like "old mcdonalds had a farm" something like that and started to get ready to play my partitur.

It was EXO's baby don't cry (i don't know why, i really like this song especially baekhyun's part. So i printed it and learned it by myself).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdi60Yqjwbc

I sing along the song and almost cried. I remember all the bad things that happened in my life.

When it comes to my favorite part

                                                                              When you smile, sun shines eoneoran teuren chae mot dameul challan
                                                                                              On mame pado chyeo buseojyeo naerijanha oh

Baby don’t cry tonight pokpungi morachineun bam (u~ haneuri muneojil deut)
Baby don’t cry tonight jogeumeun eoullijanha
Nunmulboda challanhi bitnaneun i sungan neoreul bonaeya haetdeon
So baby don’t cry cry nae sarangi gieokdoel teni

Suddenly, i heard a guy's voice from the back while i still played the piano and singing.....

that part.....

(uh~haneuri muneojil deut)

He kept singing and singing and i could hear his footsteps while he's coming towards me.
 
He stands beside me and keep singing.
 
Until his part comes again
 

Sori eobsi gotong soge heulleo neomchineun i bam

 
And he keep doing the high notes......
 
When we're almost at the end of the song....
 
He gaves me goosebumps and make my heart beats faster just to be beside him.
 
Ireun haessari noga naerinda
Neoreul darmeun nunbusimi naerinda
Gireul irheun nae nuneun ijeya cry cry cry
 
I keep playing the piano until it's finished. Eventhough i finished playing the piano, i wouldn't dare to look at his face so i keep staring at the music sheet.
 
"What are you looking at, idiot?" he said. I blushed. Did he just called me idiot?! But why did i blushed?........
 
I wanted to reply that i'm not an idiot but when i turned around and looked at him. (Looking sharp in a tux) i shocked (and blushed) at the same time.
 
"The hell are you wearing? we're here only for practice!And since when are you here?" i asked him.
 
"I need to do some photoshoot with tux for a moment and i saw your text message and i don't know that you've been waiting for so long. So i came here without changing my clothes. As for when, i'm here since you put your bag on the floor. I thought it would be fun to surprised you but it turned out that you're going to sing so i joining in instead." He said. I nodded.
 
"Shall we start then?" i asked him. "Yep." I turned around and saw him opened his tux but leaving his shirt on.
 
I screamed. "The hell are you doing?!" i covered my eye. "The hell is your problem?! it's hot in here so i wanted to wear only the shirt"
 
"Liar!" i shouted. And then i hear a footsteps coming towards me. "geez. Open it! there! you see?! i wear my shirt!" said Baekhyun while he took my hand from my eye. I saw him without his coat. But he still looked REALLY handsome.
 
My heart beats really fast. "Ah....." i said with my mouth dangling open. "Enough about that. let's practice. Let's start with a duet"
 
"Okay" I looked at the song. It was IU and Seulong sunbaenim from 2am song. Nagging.
 

At the end of the song, he looked at me intensely and i gave him merong(:p).

"What was that for?!" He asked. "Nothing"  i laugh.

I still laughing looking at him. I thought he was angry so i was going to say "so....-"

Suddenly, he kissed my cheek.

I frozed. "Now what was that for?" i asked. but not in an angry way.

"Nothing." He answered. "Oh yeah, bytheway. You sing really well. How did you learn to sing?"

"I learned it by myself. By listening to the song i like." i said. "Ah..." He nodded.

We practice and practice until evening. "Let's go to the coffee shop. I'll treat you something" said Baekhyun. "Really?! yey! thankyou so muchh!"

We went down to the cafe and order some coffee and cake. I saw baekhyun ordered ice coffee. "It's pretty cold out there, and you still drink ice coffee? aren't you going to hurt your throat?" i asked.

"Why are you asking? you worried about me?" he smirked. I blushed. "Forget it." i pouted.

He llaughed and suddenly pinched my cheek and said "Okay okay don't pout. As long as i didn't drink this everyday, it's okay." he said.

We sit near the window and the scenery outside is really peaceful. I drink my hot coffee and started to eat my cake. "Whoa it's really delicious." i shocked.

"What? you always come here and never taste the cake?" he said. "Yeah, i only drink the coffee in here" i said. He shakes his head.

I ate my cake until it's almost finished. I looked at him and suddenly he laughed really hard. "What? what happened?"

"You got cream on your face. Does the cake really delicious that makes your face want to eat it too?" he said. "Hey!" i shouted.

"Okay okay, come here." He pull my face near him that it was so close. He took a napkin and cleaned my face. His face is so beautiful......his skin is so soft....UGH what am i thinking?! Focus!

"There you go" He said. I blushed and looked away from him while drinking my coffee.

"You know.....my life's been pretty hard before i joined SMent" suddenly baekhyun started a conversation. "My family's not poor but.....My mom and dad always arguing with each other. They never went well. It's just makes me frustrated so i went out of my house and never had a contact with them except my brother"

"I studied for a long time and thank god SMent recruited me to be one of EXO's member. It makes my life even better. eventhough my dad didn't agreed with my decision. But my brother and mom said they will always support me to do anything i want as long as i'm happy

"I'm sorry that i suddenly talk about this thing with you....i know it's not a happy story but....--" I cut him off.

"No no no! don't feel that way! My life's been pretty hard too! my dad left my mom when i was young and me, mom and my brother have to struggle to live by ourselves. I work part time job before i entered this trainee thing but now i quit because i need to focused on this! so don't feel sorry! i'm happy that you opened up to me. So feel free to talk to me anytime! i am, too will talk about anything to you! you could text me or call me!" I said.

He giggled "Thank you so much. I will call or text you from now on. So make sure that you're going to replied it or else....something bad will happened heheh" he said.

"Whatever" i rolled my eyes. We talked and talked  until it's almost night. We say goodbye and walked to our home by ourselve.

"Bye!" i said outside the coffee shop. He walked towards me and hug me "Goodbye" he said while he whisper to my ear.

"What was that for?! it's ticklish!' i said.

He smirked and walked towards his dorm.

I went to my house and it was cold outside. I finally arrived at my house but no one's inside. There's  a note on the table. "Mom's not going to be at home by 10"

I walked to my room and changed my clothes to pajamas. Today's is a tiring day

I open my laptop and saw that there's an assignment from my proffesor that i need to do. Meh, i'll do it later.

BZZT! i got a text message. It was from baekhyun. ":P" he sent me that. I answered "really baek? really?"

I closed my phone and felt really happy that i could get close to baekhyun. But i'm also nervous....will i win this competition?

I went to the kitchen and remembered something.....

Where's kris by the way?....he should be in the cafe in the evening....

I walked to my room and grab my phone. I pinched his number and call him "Hello? Kris?"

"is this jung hwa?....JUNG HWA!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!"

"what?..what?!KRIS!! ANSWER ME!!"

The signal is really bad, i can't hear clearly what he's saying.

"JUNG HWA LISTEN TO ME!! ONE OF YOUR BESTFRIEND IS A TRAITOR. SHE SETS YOU UP SO YOU ALWAYS IN DANGER. LISTEN. YOU NEED TO WIN THIS GAME AND FIND ME. FIND ME AFTER YOU WIN THIS GAME, DO YOU HEAR ME?! DON'T FIND ME WHILE WE'RE STILL IN THE GAME. THE ONLY THING I KNOW IS THAT I'M NEAR HAN RIVER BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE. TELL THE OTHERS----"

"KRIS?! KRIS?!!!" the connection died. I shocked and stare at my phone blankly not knowing what to do.

I grab my phone and pinched baekhyun's number. "Hello?" he said.

"Baek, it's me. I..--" i didn't continue my sentence. I cry accross the phone. Not knowing what to do, i felt useless

"Jung hwa? Jung hwa? what happened?" said baekhyun.

I cried and cried not caring what baekhyun said to me.......

Remembering all of the things that Kris told me..........his voice is like he's in pain........