13

Throwback

Jung Hwa POV

 

"Alright. where should we go?" i asked baek. He looked really handsome in that outfit.....oh whatthe hell. 

"Is it okay if we're going to eat at your house?" he asked. "Of course! it would be a lot of pleasure for me! Then let's go to the grocery shop then." i said.

We walked towards the town and went to the biggest Grocery shop i've ever seen. It's been awhile since i went to a grocery shop and it's pretty exciting for me.

"Oh god i just remembered! i didn't bring my bag!" i said. "I'm so sorry, maybe you could eat at my house someday" i said.

"Just took whatever you want, i'll treat for everything. But choose wisely" he said. "Really?!" "Yeah, just go ahead. I'll catch up with you later. I need to take the trolley first" he said.

I ran inside and it was really big. I got a bit confused where i should go first but then baekhyun stand beside me. "Since we're going to have dinner, why won't we looked at the beef and stuff corner?" he said, "Ah yes, let's go!What's your favorite food? and the other member too?" i asked.

"We all like korean beef. So let's get that serving." he said. "But what's your personal favorite food?" i asked. "Me?hmm....that would be japchae. You can make it?" he asked me.

"What are you talking about-" just when  i was about to finished my sentence, he interrupt me "You can't cook, can you?" he said.

I looked at him confusedly. "What?! of course i can! i was about to make japchae but then you interrupt me." i pouted.

"Oh sorry heheh i thought you can't cook." he said. But i was pissed off so i walked away and leave him at the beef corner. I went to the noodles and seasoning stuff. (I'm really going to make him a japchae though).

I bought all of them and put it in the trolley. I saw baekhyun ordered some beef for like 30-40 people (or servings). I panicked. Why did he ordered that much?!

I walk towards him and said in a lowered voice "Why did you ordered so many of beef?!" i asked.

He laughed. "You never saw us eat didn't you?." I shake my head. "Just watch later" he smirked. ugh.

I left him and walked towards the snack corner. I picked some of the party-sized drink and saw baekhyun walking towards me with the trolley. I put the drink in.

We argued for abit for which one is tastier. "I don't think the one with the color blue is tasty." i said. "Let's just pick the usual one. I think the red one's okay" he said.

We argued like this for about 5-10 minutes. Until there was a couple walked past us  "Looked at them. They're a really cute copule don't you think?" they said.

I was about to denied that we're dating (heck?) but then baekhyun interrupted (again) and said "Thank you" and bow. I shocked.

"Since when are we a couple?!" i asked him. "What? you don't want to?" he teased me. I pissed off and walked away.

"Oh come on, i was just joking. Here, take this" he said. I turned around and saw him giving me my favorite drink. "How do you-?" 

"Know that that was your favorite drink? You always bring it whenever we're practicing right? so i thought that must be your favorite" he said. I blushed and bow. "Thank you"

"Hey, don't you think that was baekhyun from EXO?" i heard a girl whispered with her friend. "Yeah i think it is! let's take a picture with him!" both of them run towards us.

"BAEKHYUN OPPA! PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE WITH US!" they said. He panicked and hurriedly cover his face. I stopped in front of them and said. "Hi everyone, this is not baekhyun oppa. He can't speak korean, only english. He's my boyfriend.He does look like baekhyun from EXO though. Everyone said that to him a lot."

I pretend to be a foreigner (eventhough my face and his face are not helping at all) but i spoke to them with english. "Uhh..what?" They said. "Oh my mistake i'm sorry, i'm a foreigner and i don't really know how to speak fluently" i said. 

One of the girls asked "Is that your boyfriend?" while she gestured something like holding hands, hug, something that a couple will do. I chuckled "Yes"

"Ah...baekhyun wouldn't understand english right?uhh we're sorry to disturb you.." they bow and went away.

"Your boyfriend?" i saw baekhyun opened up his cap and looked at me. "What? it's just for an excuse you know" i pouted. He pinched my cheek and laughed. "Well, maybe not. Thanks anyway, Let's just go to cashier and pay for all of this."

We pay for all the things we bought and heading out. "Where should we go next? should we go straight to home?" i asked. "Later, we should walked around more you know. Since it's a freetime" he said.

We walked along the sideways while holding the grocery we bought. It almost looked like we're a couple though-OH WHAT AM I THINKING. 

While we're walking, baekhyun trying as best as he can to cover up his face. I do hear a lot of girls saying "He looked like exo baekhyun" or "is that baekhyun oppa?" or "Hey hey! look theres a person that looks exactly like baekhyun oppa"

But there's a lot of older people saying "They're a really good couple..." or "They fit each other very well...."

I can't stand hearing those words and pulled out my ipod.  I put it and shuffled the song. Oh it was EXO's lucky. I mumbled the song and also humming too. 

Suddenly he pulled my hand and hold it. He put it in his pocket (since it's a bit cold) and i almost refused it because it came out of nowhere. 

"Hey, share your ipod with me too" he said. "Ah, we're going to a small shop that i always wanted to visit though in case you're wondering. OH WOW YOU PLAYED MY FAVORITE SONG" 

He sang along with the song. "Really? i do like it though,it feels like it came from a soundtrack of a movie or drama. But this isn't my favorite." i said.

"Oh really? show me after this then, your favorite song." he said. I nodded. 

 

"nal boneun ne du nuneun geu mueotboda

nal dashi ttwige mandeu nikka

So lucky, my love

So lucky to have you

So lucky to be your love, I am. Hmm~"

"Don't you think the lyrics kind of sweet though? But not in a cheesy way" he said. I just nods in agreement.

It's the end of the song. I opened my ipod and searching for IU's I don't like her.

 

"Ajikdo keu ae-ga keureohke daedanhani

Keukkas jeonhwah han tongedo gaseumi deol-keokhani

Hadeon yaegijocha itko dareun saenggakhaneun neo

Sunkan gudeun pyojeonge nae mami deo nollae

Manna bon jeok eoptjiman geu ae cham shirhda"

Translated: 

"Is she still so great?

Does your heart drop just by a single phone call?

You even forgot what you were saying and think about something else

My heart is more surprised at your quickly hardened face

I’ve never met her but I really don’t like her"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdT2KyNQ8g

"Oh that lyric surprised me abit. I do know this song though. It's a great yet heartbreaking song" he said.

"Yeah, i really like this. I don't know why, eventhough i've never experienced something like this though. I just hope i won't. It's really sad."

"I do have experienced this once" he said. "Oh really? with who?W-well if i could know" i asked.

With you and kris.... I heard him whispered really quiet. Or is it just me daydreaming? "What?" i asked.

"Nothing, we're almost there. Let's go!" he grabbed my hand and ran towards the shop.

The shop is not that big, just an average shop you'll see on the street. But it's really cheap! I liked it! I keep throw a comment like "Whoah this is so cute!" or "This is really cheap! it's a great bargain!" or "WHOAAAH" (and i admit i'm a bit loud in this shop).

Suddenly, my eyes fixed to two box that have transparent cover. I walked towards it and i saw it. A ring.

"What's this? why do you have the same model for the other box? shouldn't they sell another model?" I asked baekhyun while he's walking towards me.

"You've never heard of it before?" he asked. I shake my head "no."

"It's really popular though, i heard a lot of people said that this ring would always connect a couple who lost. For example, if i was in america and you're in here, somewhat we're going to find a way to meet up again. That's what i heard from the member." he explained.

"Ah..." i nods. Wow that was really interesting. I saw the box again and found one ring that is really beautiful.

I stared at that ring for a moment. I wished i could have someone special to share that beautiful ring......

I noticed that baekhyun's looking the whole time. I looked away so i don't get caught staring at a ring. 

"Hey, let's wear this ring." he said. What did he just say? "Um...what?, i mean what?"

"Let's wear this ring. So it could be for me or you to find each other. Just for a promise that everywhere we go, we will always meet" he said. 

Is this a dream? He asked me which one of the ring that i wanted to wear and i choose the one that i've been staring for all the time. "Did you find the other end?" i asked.

The ring has an infinity sign, and each of us have it like in a half. So if we want to see full infinity, we need to connect it. "That was a good choice" he said.

I just smiled. I was really happy.  

He looked at the time. And it's almost afternoon. So we went back to my house. "Why do we buy this ring though?" i asked.

"What, you don't want to?" he said. "N-no it's just that usually c-couples wear this kind of ring" i flustered and looked away.

Suddenly he stopped and pull me back. "Eh, what?" i said. 

Baekhyun holds my hand and looked me in the eye "It's just that....by all of the things that happened to you, especially kris. I'm afraid that i will lose you. That's why 'maybe' if the rumour about the fact of this ring is true....just...that" he said.

I froze. I tried to looked away but i can't....he seemed really sincere. "Well okay, i promise the both of us that if we both lost our way, were going to find our way back." i said. Is it too chessy? we're not a couple anyway......

He nods and lead me in to the house. I saw him smiled really bright on our way to my house.

"WELCOME HOMEEE DID YOU BRING ANY FOOD? DID YOU DID YOU?" that's the greetings that i got from exo just when i opened the door.

"Hyung, did you bring any food? cause if you don't....." i saw D.O talked to baekhyun and glares at him. "Hey hey hey we just got home and this is your greeting for us? we bought some grocery though, let's eat here"

After what baekhyun said, all of them cheered happily except for suho. "tsk..tsk..this kids really...." he shake his head.

I put the grocery bag on the table and all of them opened it one by one. "Don't worry, we'll help you to make the food and do the dishes after this" said Chanyeol. 

I took the japchae ingredients and put it in on the kitchen. Should i make the japchae first? or should i grilled the beef first? I was thinking really hard and stared blankly at the sink.

"Can i help you with something?" i turned around and saw D.O standing beside me. "Ah D.O! you shocked me. Can you cook?" i asked him.

"Yeah, what do you want me to do?" he said while he rolled up his sleeves. "Then would you please ask everyone to go to the backyard? we could have a berbeque party in here. The griller's outside, and there's a lot of tables in the backyard so would you please help me to set it up too?" i asked him.

"You could just call me Kyungsoo though. No problem, anything else?" he said. "I'll ask anyone else to bring the snacks, drinks, the food utensils outside"  he nods.

I started to washed some of the ingredients. Let's see...i need to cook this noodle first and then.... I was really busy that i didn't notice that baekhyun's standing beside the kitchen counter.

"Need help?" he said. "Nah. i'm good" i replied. I was really busy to prepared everything and make sur i didn't make a mistake (It's japchae for everyone, if it was only for me i don't mind if it's not good at all)

"Hey, you didn't wear your apron?" he asked. "I'm too busy. it's okay anyway"

"You'll get your clothes dirty. Here, let me help you." He walked towards me and put the apron on me. He tied the string at the back and i feel that my heart beating. I've never felt like this before. And no one ever do this to me. And why does he have to be sweet all the time?!

"There you go." he said. "Thank you, now join the others while i make your favorite food" i said. And he walks away.

 

Baekhyun POV

Wow...this girl can cook. He's the same as d.o keke. I always have an interest to a girl that can cook.

As i walked away to the garage, i took one glance to her. She's busy preparing japchae. I really liked watching a girls back while they

're cooking.

I saw kyungsoo in the middle of the griller with kai ready to grill the beef and meat that i just bought. The other's busy arranging the snacks and drinks and also the rice, vegetables, seasoning, etc.

I was about to sit on the chair when suddenly someone tap my shoulder. "You okay?"

It was chanyeol. "Yeah, i'm okay. Have you tell them about kris?" I aske him. Hi face darkened.

"Do you remember that time when hyuna tell something to kris? But we didn't tell jung hwa about it?" He said.

I nod. "Yeah"

 

*flashback*

We're all exhausted from that day. When me and jung hwa wins the dance competition. We all went back to the dorm and rested.

I wanted to wash my face before we sleep, so i went to the toilet. But when i walked in to the toilet, i saw Kris sitting alone on the couch.

"Hyung, what are you doing? Shouldn't you be resting right now?" I asked him.

"Ah...it's you. Well, later. I'm going to sit here for awhile" he said. But i ended up sitting there with him too.

"Listen baek, i know you like jung hwa too. The same as me." He said. I shocked. Where did he know it?

I didn't say anything.  I just sit there and stared blankly at the tv.

"Well it's okay actually. I do think she likes you too. But please, please take a really good care for her. I won't forgie you if you did something bad to her." He said. "Kris, why are you telling me this? But i do promise though" i answered.

"Just now, i kinda tell hyuna to get back off. And she would promise me to do it if.....if i backed away. Or else, she would get hurt. That's why i'm telling you this, if something bad happened to me, or her, that means that i break the rules. And hyuna also have a company. You remembered that gang that fight us before we debuted? yeah that's her company. Tell the other members about this.  Okay?" He said.

"Kris...we're exo. We could help you. I would always help you. You don't nee to do that, we could finished this." I said. "It's too late baek, just promise me to take a good care of her, ok?" He said.

"I promise" as i heading to the toilet to washed my face.

 

*end of flashback*

"Yeah, we think it was them that did that to Kris." said Chanyeol. "The best way to find kris, is to win this competition. Fairly. Were not going to find kris easily this time." 

I clenched my fist. How dare this girl did this?! And i almost punched the table. 

"Relax hyung, don't do it. You'll only make it worse." He said while he holds my hand. Prevent it from punching the table.

"Thanks a lot, chanyeol" i said. "No prob. Look, jung hwa's food is done. Let's eat together" he said.

"Okay"

 

Jung Hwa POV

Done in time!i've finished making the japchae just when the beef is ready to eat. I bring it to the backyard and everybody's like "whoaa"

The first person who tried this, is d.o (or kyungsoo, sorry) and i asked "why isn't anybody going to try this?." And they said that if kyungsoo said the food is good, than it is good.

I'm looking forward to his comments. After he take like one/two bites of it, he nods and said "this is really good. I'll give this 11/10" 

"WHOAAA" the other cheered and practically just eat it. I just laughed and make my way to the griller to eat my first bite of beef. "It's coming out well. It's really good."

"Of course it's good, why wouldnt?" said Baekhyun. I just smiled and eat. 

After i finished eating, i saw the EXO member's still eating the meat. (While i'm already full). "Did you guys really going to finished this?" I asked them. 

"Of course!" They said in unison and i stared in awe. "What did i say? We eat a lot. I imagine if we only bought servings for 20 people, they probably going to order something else." said baekhyun.

"You're right, next time i'll make food for all of you, do remind me to make a big portion" i said. And he laughed.

After we finished eating all the food, i picked up all the dishes to the kitchen to cleaned it. "Oh! Don't do that! Just sit over there and took a rest, we'll do it for you!" said baekhyun and the others nod. 

"It's okay. It's not that tiring anyway." I replied. Suddenly baekhyun put the dishes that i holds on to the table, and picked me up. "I insist." He picked me up and put me down on the couch.

I felt my heart beats really fast and i hoped baekhyun didn't hear it. I know that my face's turns red and i pretend that it's hot in the room.

"I think jung hwa's blushing!" Said chen. That guy, ugh don't shout suddenly like that!  And i heard the other guys said something like "awhh she got caught" "HAHAHAHAH LOL BUSTED" or "geez baekhyun hyung got way with girls"

"Really? You're blushing?" said baekhyun. He smirked. "What? No! It's just hot in here. Don't you feel it?" I said while i tried my best to look away from him.

He smiled really bright that makes me want to hug him. I saw him walking to the kitchen to help the other member doing the dishes and cleaned up.

I actually wanted to watched the tv, but theyre really noisy and i decided to watched how they doing.

And it was hilarious. I saw kyungsoo hit baekhyun because he did something stupid. Xiumin scold sehun because he almost broke a plate. 

Kai doing the dishes with chanyeol while singing and dancing to their own song(and splashed water everywhere). Suho bossing around the member to placed the plate, glass,  etc organizedly.

I felt really happy. I laughed most of the time that when i laughed too hard they would turned around and whispered (but pretty loud) "hey! Don't do something stupid!" 

How i wished kris would be here with us.......

 

Baekhyun POV

This people really are tiring. How could chen put a wet spoon and fork without wiping it first on the shelves?!(but i love all of them though)

I saw jung hwa sitting down onthe couch quietly(she's laughing like ten or fifteen seconds earlier). I think she's thinking about kris. So i came up to her "hey, he's gonna be okay" i said. And i saw her wiped her tears.

"Yeah, it's gonna be okay" she said smiling. She has the most beautiful smile i've ever seen from all of the girls i've met.

It's almost night, and all of the exo's member are going home. "See you later!" "Thanks for the meal!" "Well see ya again!"

I plan to stay at her house for a while. "Hyung, you didn't come with us?" asked Sehun. "Nope, i'll catch up with you guys later. Actually, chanyeol can you stay?" I said. 

Chanyeol nods and went inside. "Eeyy. Chanyeol, watched two of them okay?" said kai and chen smirking. I glared at them and they run off the streets laughing. "Geez those guys"

"They're the best member you would ever had you know" said Jung Hwa that is standing beside me. "You planned to stay? There's not much food left you know"

"It's okay. We need to picked a song for your performance anyway. And i need Chanyeol's help to play the guitar." I said. 

I closed the front door and went inside. I walked towards the piano and starts playing random songs. "What song would suit her the best anyway?." Chanyeol sit on the couch and took the guitar. 

"Should we go for sad song, or happy song?" Chanyeol asked. I shaked my head "don't know. Ask her."

"Hyung, remember this?" Chanyeol starts to play live high by jason mraz.  "Of course i do! Remember when i forgot the lyrics? That was embarassing" i said. We laughed together and starts to tell a joke.

"Can i sing IU's i don't like her? But i really wanted to learn the guitar." Jung Hwa comes with 3 glasses of orange juice and snack.

"Of course you can, Chanyeol, teach her how to play that song first, and after you're done you could come to me to practice the singing" i said. Chanyeol and Jung Hwa nods and started to practice.

I left them alone and starts looked around the house. I went to her room and opened it.

It's really comfy in here..... I saw her laptop and decided to take a peek what she's doing.

"Gieokhae bokdoeseo tteodeulda gachi honnadeon uri dul
Beolseomyeonseodo wae geurido jeulgeowonneunji arasseo
Geunal ihuro (yeah yeah) urin neul (yeah yeah)
Ssangdungi byeoljaricheoreom neon na naneun neoyeosseo

Joreophagi jeonnal manhi uldeon neo namjarago kkuk chamdeon neo
Hago sipeotdeon mal motago tteugeowotdeon geu yeoreumcheoreom annyeong

Chinguraneun ireum eoneusae miwojin ireum
Gamchudeon gamjeongeun jigeumdo apeun bimirui gieogil ppun
Uri sain jeongnihal su eomneun sajin bomyeon gaseum arin story,
I’m sorry yeoreuma ijen goodbye yay-yeah"

"Heh, she mispelled it." she wrote some of the word in a wrong way. I changed some of them, and gave a little notes. "P.S if you want to wrote some lyrics, better asked me for opinion and spell check -BK"

"That should be fine."

Translate:

"I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the halls
I don’t know why it was so fun even when we were being punished
After that day (yeah yeah) we always (yeah yeah)
Stuck together like the Astro twins, you were me and I was you

You cried so much on the day before graduation
You held it in firmly since you’re a guy
Just like that hot summer when we couldn’t say what we wanted, goodbye"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQd3Ujis4Bs

(It's actually f(x) goodbye summer ft. D.O)

Is this a new song for the next challenge? she wrote this herself?

I stare at the lyrics (Eventhough it's still halfway) it was really beautiful. How did she come up with this lyrics?

I sit there for a while and saw a book with a pink cover. "oh, there's a pen inside here"

When i opened it, it was the music sheet (and it's still halfway). I started to humming the song. It's beautiful.......

"Baekhyun hyung! let's eat!" suddenly Chanyeol's voice shocked me. I hurriedly closed the book and when i get out of the room i almost bumped into Jung Hwa.

"Ah, baek. let's eat. I already learned the song. After we eat, let's start with the singing lesson" she said. "A-ah...ok" i stuttered.

I walked towards the dining room and saw Chanyeol sitting there waiting for the dinner to be served. "How's it going?" i asked. "She's a fast learner. It's not hard for me to teach her. Her voice is really good too."

Jung Hwa came to the dining room with a big bowl of soup and three rice. Later, she brought some fried egg. "There's not much left, so i only made ramen with kimchi and fried egg. Is it okay?" she asked. I can see that she's worried that we're not going to satisfied.

"It's okay! It looks delicious. I'll eat it well~" Chanyeol take the first bite and continues to eat without even complaining. "I'll eat it well too, then. You should eat it too." i said to Jung Hwa.

After we finished our simple dinner, Jung Hwa made some tea for us. We watched the tv and Jung Hwa suddenly stops the channel whenever EXO comes out of the TV.

"Whoaah Kai looks really good in there" she said while watching our 'growl' performance at M!Countdown.

"Yeah, he's really cool." said Chanyeol. "Ah...you look good too. Your rap part is really great!" said Jung Hwa. "haha, thank you."

I cough. And both of them turned their towards me. "Yeah, yeah, you look good too. You're the best anyway" said Jung Hwa. I just smirked because i don't want Jung Hwa to know that her compliment makes me happy. (Eventhough i don't know the rest of her sentence).

It's almost midnight and i saw Jung Hwa's almost falling asleep. But me and Chanyeol is still wide awake. "Hyung, i think i'm going home first. You're going to stay right? I'll tell the others." he said.

"Yeah, thanks a lot Chanyeol. I don't know what i could do without you." i said. He smiles "all the crazy things" and i laughed.

I took a glance at Jung Hwa who's sleeping at the sofa. "Do you think we could finish this problem? Do you think i could protect her?" i asked Chanyeol while he's getting ready to go home.

"Hyung," he said. "Eventhough we, exo, have been together not for a long time, we could finished it. As long as we're toghether. It's for the sake of Kris's hyung too. As for protecting the one you love," he said while he walks down the street "You're number 1" he said. I smiled.

"Be careful." i said and i closed the door. I picked Jung Hwa up and put her on her bedroom. I went to the kitchen and i washed the dishes.

I finished cleaning up the kitchen not for a long time. And i went to Jung Hwa's room again.

I saw her sleeping peacefully. Like her life's is gonna be okay. Which i know it's not.

I sit beside her bed and sing her a lullaby song. I move closer to her face and kissed her forehead. And put her blanket around her. I turned off the lamp and went back to the living room.

I sit on the couch and watched the tv. But i actually didn't watched it. There's too much puzzle in my head that i  need to solve.

I was really tired and lay on the sofa.

And i fell asleep. Let's just call this a night.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm pretty busy lately, and this chapter's pretty long.

Next week, i'm going to australia and i don't know whether i can update this story or not. So maybe i'm going to update another chapter on sunday (but maybe next week there'll be no new chapter, who knows)

And i'm sure that you guys already listened to Growl, Lucky, and XOXO

and i'm FALLING IN LOVE with lucky. It's just...ughh soo great! the lyrics are really meaningful.

I wanted you guys to suggest me a song for me to put on the next chapter! i'm running out of ideas, so please help me!

bye!