New Years speical: Rena's story.

A WONDERFUL world.

"Eh?"
"Yamapi told me to find you and take care of you for today,"

Rena stared up at Yamada Ryosuke with wide eyes from her seat. A bubbled tea in one hand, the straw in fell back into the cup with a dull 'plop.' “I promised I’d take care of you.”

"How did you find me?" she asked with an incredulous face. Ryosuke shrugged. "I made a guess."
"And you came to the conclusion that I was in the food court? In this mall? At this time of day-" "Okay, okay! I asked Kanon. Sheesh," Ryosuke sighed and scratched his head. "Besides it isn't hard to know why you're here." he pointed towards the bubble tea in her hands.
Rena smiled sheepishly. "Yeah~"

Ryosuke stood there, by her side, as she began sipping on her drink. "Ryosuke, why don't you take a seat?"
"I think we should get going actually," Ryosuke checked his cell phone. "I wanted to go walk around with-"

“Oh! Let’s hang out today then, okay?” she smiled at him chucking her empty cup into the trash. Ryosuke sighed and smiled. “Yeah, just what I was thinking.”

Rena and Ryosuke left the mall to go outside. A soft fall of snow was drifting down as they walked down the block. Ryosuke stood near Rena and gazed down at her hand. Rena wasn’t wearing any gloves and she had on some thigh high boots and skirt. She must’ve been cold. Ryosuke’s hand twitched instinctively. Cautiously, Ryosuke took his hand and slowly took her hand in his, holding hers tightly.

Rena held up her hand that was being held by Ryosuke. He shifted his eyes away. “I just thought your hands were cold.” he stated. Rena’s mouth made an ‘o’ shape to his response. Her hands were cold, freezing in fact but she didn’t want to say anything. But she was glad he held her hand so she smiled and gripped his hand in return. “Komawo Ryosuke.” she giggles and swung their hands merrily.

As they walked it started becoming colder. The snow became more heavily than when they left the mall. Ryosuke noticed and pulled Rena closer, linking arms with her while still holding hands. “The weather is getting worse.” Rena stiffly nodded. She was shaking a little and held onto Ryosuke. “Y-yeah.” “It wouldn’t be a good idea to continue our date.” Rena could barely hear his words over the howling winds that picked up and penetrated her padded jacket.


Ryosuke frowned and looked around in the flurries. “Hey, you live around here don’t you? Let’s head to your house.” he yelled over to hear to made sure she heard before heading towards her home.

But the snow became a storm in minutes. Snow quickly covered the streets and roads. The winds more vicious. The snow was raised above their shins and rising. Their sight was becoming impaired by the raging flurries. It was horrible to walk in. From what little Ryosuke could see, people were retreating inside their homes. Safe and sound and warm.

Rena’s knees were banging into each other and she couldn’t walk properly. She was slowing down. Ryosuke tried to help her along but she couldn’t budge. “Can you keep going?” he asked worriedly. Rena bit her lips and nodded. “O-of course! We can make it!^^” despite her encouraging words, her body didn’t listen and didn’t move and inch.

Ryosuke tsked and looked around. In the distance he could see people running towards a building…Meanwhile Rena tried to move and succeed slipping on some frozen snow and falling in a snow bank. Ryosuke gasped and dived for her, catching her bridal style. Rena clenched her hands on his jacket, not wanting him to let go. “I-I-I’m so sorry Ryosuke…”

Ryosuke only held her closer and quickly trekked over to the building. It felt like forever but they both made it to the building. It was warmer inside but not so much for quick comfort. It was a community centre apparently. Ryosuke was greeted by a woman who ushered him more inside the room and offered him and Rena a seat. She also handed him a blanket before attending to new visitors who sought out refuge from the storm.

Rena blinked a couple of times as Ryosuke sat down and settled her on his lap. With shaky hands he wrapped the blanket on them both. “Ryosuke…” at closer inspection of his face, it was pale and there were icicles hanging on his hair. He gave her a small smile. “Sorry, we couldn’t make it to your place.” he apologized. Rena frowned. “No! Its not your fault, don’t worry about that.” she said and wiped the snow off his head. “I should be sorry to you…I mean you carried me and you wouldn’t be cold-” Ryosuke glared at her and hugged her around the waist, effectively shutting her up. “Shush. Just keep me warm and we’ll be even.”

Whether Rena’s face quickly warmed up was from the furnace they sat beside or from the fact she was blushing-only she knew. Quietly she manoeuvred her arms around his shoulders and laid her head on his shoulders. She was slowly warming up and snuggled closer.

She smiled. He did keep his promise to take care of her. “Thank you, Ryosuke.” her gaze went out the window that showcased the terrifying storm. Rena looked closer and saw a woman beyond the gleaming white. The woman was clad in all white and had the darkest of hair as well. She was in the center of the storm and seemed to be wailing to the heavens. But she slowly lowered her head, and snapped her gazed right at Rena.

Her eyes were pitch black.

Rena felt a shock and jerked back slightly. But when she looked back out the window the woman was gone. 


REPORT

Myth: Lady In White

Type: Woman?

Effect:??

Else:???

OR