New Years speical: Serenity's story.

A WONDERFUL world.

Kanata-kun,

How is it over there? Are you having fun? I hope you are.

We didn’t get to greet each other on Christmas this year. I still have to hand over your present. ^^ Get me something from Japan, okay?

It’s kind of boring here. Ryutaro is always over at his friend’s house or filming with HSJ so he’s not around much. *sigh*

Well, yeah. Good luck with your filming and take care. Ganbare!

Bai, bai.

 

Serenity finished writing a short email on her phone to her best friend, Kanata Hongo, who was in Japan to film a movie. The last time she saw him was a week before school break so she never got a chance to give him seasons greetings. He had left her a text saying he had to quickly head to the homeland to make a contract for his next movie.

Serenity didn’t have time during the break to send her greetings either, lots of family gatherings and company parties to attend made it hard to. But on the eve of New Years she had finally slipped away from the fuss and found herself in a café. A nice, quiet place to sit and relax.

She sighed and sunk into her seat. “Would you like anything, miss?” Serenity sat up quickly and found a waiter hovering over her.

She frowned, shaking her head dismissively and looking away. The male waiter twitched and tried not to scoff-he took it as a curt gesture. “If you need anything-” “Mhmm.” Serenity hummed, cutting him off. The waiter rolled his eyes and walked off to serve another table.

Serenity pulled out her Teddy from God-knows-where and sat it down on the table. “That man,” Serenity nodded over to the waiter that tried to serve her. “He was disgusting. His aura was filthy! I bet he’s a bad person…” she whispered to Teddy so no one could hear. “Some-”

“Serenity?” Serenity looked up at the call of her name to find Chinen just about to leave the café. He seemed surprised to see her. Serenity nodded. “Chinen.” she greeted quietly. Chinen was one of the few who got to communicate with Serenity freely. With strangers she would change her voice and use her Teddy to talk in her place.

A wide grin spread over his face as he walked over and asked for a seat, which she said yes to. “What are you doing here?” he inquired. “In hiding.” she said with a finger pressed against her lips. “If Ryutaro asks you, don’t tell him. He might be mad because I left him alone with mom and dad.” Chinen nodded. “Okay.”

Serenity gazed at Chinen for a moment. “Now why are you here?”

This question seemed to be unexpected because Chinen began to laugh awkwardly. “Oh, um, well,” he scratched his cheek in thought. “I was just checking on the business. My family owns this café.” Chinen explained.

“Oh, I see.”

“Do you want anything? I can recommend a really good item,” Chinen suggested happily. He picked up a menu and scanned through the pictures and words with a bright face. Serenity watched with doubtful eyes but loosened up seeing a pinkish-white smoke surround him, his aura. The colours of bliss and innocence.

Chinen turned the tiny book towards her and pointed to a small picture of a drink. “This is really good to drink at times like these, gives a comforting feeling and warm-you must’ve been cold wearing your dress.”

In reaction, Serenity pulled the hem of her skirt over her thighs and beyond her knees. Chinen saw this and quietly chuckled as Serenity fussed over her clothes. He thought it was adorable seeing her act a little self conscious.

Chinen raised his hand up to signal a waiter and a male quickly came up and placed two cups of steamy drink on the table. “Huh?” Chinen looked at the drinks. “We didn’t order yet…” the man smiled. “I oversaw your conversation from afar,” he admitted. “Please, enjoy them as much as you can,”

Serenity stopped fussing with her dress just enough to take a look at the waiter. As if the waiter knew she was looking he turned to face her. Making eye contact a flash went in her eyes.

Everything was in flames.

Screams of terror in the night sky like song.

Mangled Bodies and scattered limbs lying across a snowy field.

The wind carried ash disguised as snow and drifted to coat the once pristine field.

In the middle of the field was the silhouette of a person, gouging on the fleshy appendages of arms as if they were skewers.

The upon closer inspection, the face was covered in a red liquid that spewed freely from the teeth marks left on the flesh.

This face, enthusiastically gouging on human meat, belonged none other than the waiter…

 

“Serenity! Hello-?” Serenity found herself staring at an empty spot. “Hmm?”

Serenity faced Chinen who held up a cup with the steamy drink to her. “Have a drink.”

Serenity nodded and held out a hand to take the cup.

But she instantly thought of the waiter who gave the drinks…

What she saw of him…

And she didn’t even see his aura…

Her grip went slack when Chinen handed her the cup. The cup slid from her hand and crashed on the table, breaking the cup and spilling the contents over the edge.

It caught the attention of the others inside the café. Chinen quickly stood up and Serenity picked up her Teddy before standing. Chinen tsk-ed and kneeled to pick up the shattered pieces. But Serenity pulled him back. “Don’t touch it.” she said and worriedly glanced at the table. Chinen looked too and found the table was sizzling and smoking. Even the floor too where the drink spilled.

Chinen watched with wide eyes as the table broke in half as corroded in the center. “A-acid?” of course the science major would know what it was. “Who would-?!”

Serenity pursed her lips. “Did that waiter even work here?”

That question made Chinen look up at her in shock as he quickly called over the manager. “Of course…wait, no…oh my god,” Chinen’s eyes widened and he fell back on his derriere. “Even I didn’t…this is terrible!”

Serenity bent down on her knees and awkwardly comforted Chinen as the mess was being carefully sealed off. Who or what was that guy and his intentions? 


REPORT

Myth: Demons.

Type: Human looking?

Effect: will eat you.

Else: ??

 


-changed the name, it IS the NEW YEAR ^^

Yeah, I'm sorry that it's like a week late! Honestly, my semester is ending and now I have one last big assignment for each class. And I have to study for exams....

And I think I lost the completed oneshots...crap. I had to re-write this one because I couldnt find the word file, this is what I get for giving the file name randomly punched letters, I do that for all files I do. Too lazy to correctly write a title. -_-"

Hannah, Rena, please wait. I'm sorry! I will go through the files, but I may have deleted them on my delete-spree. ^^;

LOVE YOU GUYS. keke.