Holiday Special: Jany's Story.

A WONDERFUL world.

It was the Friday before Christmas break started. Everyone was in high moods for the holiday season. Full of cheer, excitement and the whispers of Christmas lists.

That day, school hours were shortened and the rest of the day was filled with free time. All staff and students were invited to the Christmas concert, both staff and teachers alike showing of talents and putting on a show to bring out the holiday spirit. And to celebrate the two week break.

After the show, students were allowed to leave the campus some even staying behind to clear out lockers, hand in assignments before leaving, and just hanging around.

"Hey squirt!"

Jany turned from her locker to the familiar call, her lips forming a smile. "Taecyeon oppa!"

Surely enough Taecyeon was walking down the hall over to her locker.

He ruffled her hair once he was nearby. "What's up?"

Jany turned back to her locker to rearrange some books. "Fixing it up for break."
Taecyeon wrinkled his nose. "Bah. you're actually cleaning huh?"

Jany paused to look at her cousin. "And you don't?"
"Psh, no. No one ever does." Taecyeon stated matter-of-factly.
Jany sighed and dumped some papers into the recycling bin she dragged over. "Well if I don't, there may be a rat family living in my locker, chewing through my math book and using my gym bag as a lavatory." she said smiling at Taecyeon's look of horror.

"No way! The custodian can clean that up." Taecyeon reasoned.
She gave him a questioning look. "It may be already too late." Jany tapped her chin thoughtfully while using her other hand to grab her gym bag and close her locker.

Taecyeon shuddered and shook his head. "Err, maybe I should clear mine [locker] a bit... Bye dongsaeng!"
Jany barely said goodbye before Taecyeon sped off.


Jany stepped into the quite gym dressed in a pair of track pants, a T-shirt and hoodie. It seemed empty for the most part. She smiled. "Bingo."

The basketball cart was out so she just took a ball out and began to dribble it a bit. Unconsciously she began to dribble it to a beat of a song.
She threw the ball to the hoop a couple of times, getting them in, and instead of cheering she began rapping. "Clap clap clap clap mad man."

She kept on a small routine, dribbling while rapping "Clap clap clap clap" then shooting "mad man" Jany soon became aware but could not place the song. Where was it from?

Just before she shot, a voice interrupted her. "Jany sshi?"
Jany lost concentration and chucked the ball way over to the left of the net. Missing of course.

Jany felt the temperature rise when she saw who it was. "L.Joe sshi?"

L.Joe was standing by the ball carts, wearing his costume from the concert.

Jany looked at her feet that seemed quite interesting. "Um, why are you here?" she asked.
L.Joe scratched his head. "I heard some noise...thought to check it out." he said giving her a smile.
"It was you." Jany nodded. "Yeah, I was just getting some more ball time since I'll be stuck inside by the fireplace all break!" she said.

L.Joe nodded and picked up Jany's ball that had rolled to his feet. He dribbled it a bit and walked over to her and handed it over. "This must be yours," Jany giggled and accepted the ball. Her fingers accidentally touching his. "Yes, thanks."

L.Joe smiled shyly. “I’m actually glad I found you, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas…Merry Christmas!” he greeted in a happy manner. Jany smiled too and nodded. “T-thank you, Merry Christmas to you too.”

Jany and L.Joe stood there. "So, I heard you rapping," L.Joe started. Jany's eyes widened. "You heard me?" L.Joe smiled and nodded. "I was impressed. You got my part down exactly."
Oh! Jany remembered. L.Joe and his friends performed at the concert...and she rapped his rap.

Jany blushed. "...I see...I just-"

*bop*

*bop.bop*

L.Joe whipped his head around. "Did you hear that?" Jany nodded her head slowly, looking around for the source of the noise.
She could feel something was there.
"Duck!" she tugged L.Joe down just as something was shot in their direction. *BANG* They turned back to see that a basket ball was lodged into the wall behind them.
L.Joe went closer to examine the damage. The ball was half way in the wall, cracks running the circumference of the ball.
"What the..."

"L.Joe sshi, I think we should leave."
"Waeyo?"
"L-look!"
L.Joe turned around to face hundreds of floating sports balls. "Oh ."

Jany slowly stepped back to stand beside L.Joe, not taking her gaze off the equipment. "How...?" she mumbled. Both amazed and horrified at the same time. "I don't think this is a prank."
"Let's head for those doors," L.Joe nodded toward the exit at the other end of the gym. "We'll have to run for it. You up for it?" Jany nodded. "Y-yeah..." L.Joe reached for her hand and held it tight.
"On the count of three. 1,"
"2"
"3!"

Just as they began to run the balls flew at them. The balls were fast and aimed right for them.
"Ahh!" they yelled running for their lives as the balls smashed into the wall inches away, dust and debris flying.
The exit was real close so they rushed over and slammed the doors open and quickly closing them shut. They were safe.
Jany looked up at the doors only to witness a ball collide with the metal doors from the other side, she could see the indent it, and many more, made. Echoing sounds of beaten metal can be heard each time a ball made contact.

Jany quickly backed up and tightened her grip on L.Joe's hand-he hadn't let go since.
"Oh! Mianhae," Jany shied away but L.Joe held her hand firmly.
"Are you okay?" he asked with a sincere smile. "Ne, I'm okay." she said smiling back at him.
L.Joe glanced back at the doors, that had taken a beating. "What was that?" Jany shrugged her shoulders. "I wanna get out of here."
L.Joe nodded. "Yeah. Want to go out for a drink? I'm kind of hungry too,"
Jany blinked. "You...want to eat after this?" L.Joe ran a hand through his hair. "Well, I'm still shaken up. Eating calms me down," he mumbled.

Jany sighed and smiled at him. "Okay. I can use some food too."
L.Joe grinned and led her off school.

 

 


REPORT

 Myth: Possessed Sports Equipments.

Type: Flying Balls.

Effect: Violent and destructive.

else: ???


 

lolisho: so how was it?? Its a little late for Christmas but I have been busy with family gatherings and what-not.

MERRY(belated) CHRISTMAS everyone!

I've made a oneshot for the olidays for everyone, as a present and an apology for no updates, IM SORRY T^T

there is no specific order in how I update. the ones I update now will be for Chirstmas and the next ones will be for New Years, and of course they will be coming out nearer to New Years(31st or 30th depending when im done.)

please look forward to that! :D

If i dont update you oneshot soon, nag me! okay? Im forgetful so it helps meeee~

 

I've also added a 'REPORT'

I think it'll help with distinguishing the myth/fairytale/etc. They will be helpful later~ because the ones mentioned in these oneshots will be coming back in later chapters ^^ byee