Christmas Special: Joyce's story.

A WONDERFUL world.

Joyce was in her room, furiously typing away on her keyboard while staring at the screen. She had a good reason to be glued to the glowing screen of the computer-she was finishing up a Christmas list. She still had a few things to buy before the big day of opening presents came.

A knock came to her door and it opened to show Jaejoong with his hand on the knob. “Annyeong dongsaeng. What are you doing?” he asked leaning on the doorframe. Joyce glanced up for a quick second. “List.” Jaejoong hummed and put a finger to his lips. “Oh, that reminds me. I need to finish my shopping too,”

Joyce’s face immediately lit up as a wide smile formed on her lips. “Ne! Oppa, look, look!” Joyce pointed at her computer screen excitedly. Jae came up behind her and peered over her shoulder. “You see these trainers? They’re limited edition,” she mumbled. “I’ve known them for about half a month but I cant afford them,” she turned to give her oppa puppy eyes. “If only someone can buy them for me??”

Jaejoong pursed his lips. “Is it because they are Hello Kitty?” Joyce ran her fingers though her fringe quickly. “Ne ^^” Jaejoong sighed. “I don’t think I can. I already bought your gift.”

Joyce gasped. “No way!” “Yes, way.” Jaejoong nodded his head and crossed his arms. “Can’t tell you what it is. Besides, where’s the surprise in that?” he smiled and pinched her cheeks, quickly moving before she could swat them away. “You’re going to have to wait until Christmas.” “-Oh, and don’t bother asking umma. She’s been done her list for weeks.” Joyce groaned and sunk in her seat. She sighed but smiled anyway. “Okay. I’ll let it go. I have to go into town later, you want to come?” she asked her oppa who’s face contorted into that crooked smile of his. “Sorry, can’t. I have…an errand to run today.” hearing those words Joyce’s eyes narrowed in suspicion. “What errands?” she asked in a serious voice. Jaejoong laughed and gave her a wink. “I’m giving out presents to my friends.” he snickered and walked out of her room.

Joyce made a face. “Oppa is such a weirdo,” she commented as she could see from her open door, her brother prancing down the stairs with a bag of wrapped boxes and an overly giddy look on his face. “He’s going to frighten kids on the street. He resembles the Joker.”

Joyce glanced at the computer screen showing her beloved shoes. “One day I’ll have you yet!” she got her bag and her jacket. Time to go to town!

Joyce took a bus to Myeongdong which didn’t take too long since she contemplated gift ideas the whole way. She got off only to be whisked away by the floods of people that were already there. She was taken off course by the families and soloists with multitudes of bags, that whacked and scraped against her and pushed her back. “Oof!” she stumbled back and bumped into a stranger behind her.

Fortunately the stranger held her up with a hand and she was thankful not to meet the slushy ground. She caught her footing and turned to meet the stranger who still had a strong hold on her arm. “Thank you. I’m sorry for bumping into you, I was-” the grip tightened and it silenced her. She winced but glanced at the man-a rather bulky man dressed in black with shades on. There was actually a group of them(4 more of them) that stood by his side, in the same attire just watching. The man had a scowl on his face. “Hm? Puny girl. Does ye believe a simple sorry shall amend thy fault?” Joyce tilted her head at the man‘s choice of words. His words were rather old fashioned, even her grandmother didn’t use ‘thy’ or ‘ye.’ “Um, no, but I am sorry…” she bowed her head and tried to move her arm but he held tight. “Ye apology does not sound sincere, young one.” the brute’s lips formed a thin line. “Puny girl. I can snap ye arm off at an instant. Do not test me.”

Those words terrified Joyce to the core. Now she really needed to get out of his grip, the man’s massive size made her believe he could seriously harm her. And why wasn’t anyone helping her? She silently pled for help from someone, anyone who could help. Didn’t anyone notice this scary man? Joyce silently wished for her oppa to appear and save her.

“Yo!” her head shot up hearing a males voice greeting them. She and the men in black turned to see a man holding up a hand in a greeting gesture and a smile on his face. “Kamenashi sshi?” she questioned aloud only to have six pairs of eyes on her while she had her eyes on him. He caught her eyes and gave her a handsome smile that gave her comfort. “Hello Joyce!”

Kamenashi turned his attention to the hulk-esque guy. “Big Man,” he motioned to the arm that gripped Joyce. “I see you’ve hold of Joyce.” Joyce could tell some kind of tension fell over the scene. The 4 guys suddenly became more attentive and stiff while ‘Big Man’ just stared at Kamenashi through his shades. “Kazuya. I cannot simply let go of the soul who has trespassed on my ground. I must seek out-”

Kamenashi’s face became solemn but his eyes showed a dark emotion. “I suggest you let my chingu go.”

With those words he instantly let go and Joyce stumbled yet again, now only to be caught by Kamenashi. Joyce stared at him as he silently held her up he flashed her a smile. “Ahem,” the man and his posse stood in a formation in front of the pair. “Kazuya. I have appealed to your request. But I must regretfully inform that I shall be following up on thy miss’ crime.”

Kamenashi only smiled and nodded. Joyce on the other hand was wide-eyed with the man’s booming voice. “Don’t worry. I will bare the repercussions for today.”

The man nodded and his posse quietly disappeared into the crowds that kept walking by.

“Hey, you okay?” Joyce shook her head and gazed at Kamenashi who looked at her with a soft smile. “Yeah…I think.” Joyce scratched her head in puzzlement but winced, it was the arm the man held. Kamenashi sighed as he gently took her arm and examined it closely, their faces coming closer. “I think a bruise is going to form. You should put ice on it.” Joyce nodded robotically as a blush settled on her cheeks. “Thank you, Kamenashi sshi.” Kamenashi nodded. “Call me Kame. It’s too long the other way.” he grinned at her. “Well I better be going, there’s business I have to take care of. Happy Holidays.” He waved before he too, disappeared into the crowds

 


 

REPORT

Myth: Men in Black

Type: Humanoid Men

Effect: strength

Else: Old way of speech. When talking, will say the name of the person spoken to fisrt before a sentence. The leader’s alias is ‘Big Man.’