Christmas Special: JangMi's story.

A WONDERFUL world.

Kyuhyun sighed for the fiftieth time that hour. He was feeling rather sluggish despite the day and he just couldn’t wait any longer. Kyuhyun stood up from his seat on the floor and banged on the door he was sitting beside. “JangMi ah pali, pali! We have to go now.” he shouted through the thin wood door.

“Okay! Hold up,” the door flew open, just barely missing Kyuhyun who was walking away. JangMi stepped out wearing a skinny jeans-blouse combo and matching heels. She was holding onto a pink clutch and a makeup bag. “What took you so long?” Kyuhyun grunted as they both made their way down the staircase. JangMi shrugged. “I was using the mirror.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “To put your makeup? Even I don’t take that long for my face,” JangMi took that offensively and whacked her brother with her clutch. “Shush, you! I barely put any on-unlike you, I’m a natural(beauty).” she growled, walking to the side table and dropping off her makeup bag.

Kyuhyun huffed as he got his jacket from the closet and went to join JangMi at the door and handed her jacket over. “Yeah whatever.” JangMi smiled at her brother while slipping on her jacket. JangMi opened the door and headed over to Kyuhyun’s car. “Let’s go!”

 

JangMi and Kyuhyun were on their way to a New Years party held at a banquet hall to house all of SM Town and the SM company workers. JangMi was a special guest, as she was invited and begged by her friends and of course, brother, to come. It was way better than staying home alone, staring at a clock to strike 12 midnight.

JangMi spent the car ride staring out the passenger seat window gazing at the racing street lights and flashy neon signs and streets of people. She was also able to enjoy the sight of a beautiful full moon. She was relaxed in the comfy leather seat but there was something that made her uneasy. A nagging feeling in the back of her brain. Something was definitely off. She shook her head clear of doubtful thoughts and blinked a few times before resuming her gaze outside.

To her surprise, the once lively and bright streets were now empty and cold. The signs still shone the blinding lights yet some were flickering on and off giving off an eerie feel. “Kyuhyun oppa, I think-” a confused JangMi turned to face her brother but he wasn’t in his seat anymore. In fact, the car had stopped moving and she was now stranded in the middle of the street in his car. And she couldn’t drive. “OPPA?!” JangMi did a quick search of the car then quickly scrambled out. Well, she was going to but a large shadow caught her eye.

“Oppa?” she looked up only to be confronted by a snarling dog. That was standing on its feet and had the build of a human man.

Werewolf?!

JangMi froze in place after catching sight of the creature. It has long, silvery grey fur that glinted in the heavy lights. Muscled arms and hind legs that any body builder would envy. And bright yellow eyes that seemed to have an orange tinge in them…the eyes of a killer. It didn’t take rocket scientist to figure out that this thing was searching for something and that It was hungry-as if the sharp toothed smile and heavy drops of drool weren’t warning signs then.

JangMi didn’t want to move from her spot, she wanted to believe that if she stayed still, whatever it was would just pass her by without noticing, and if it did, leave her alone. But reality wasn’t always kind and she’d seen far too many Animal Planet specials to know that when an animal was threatened or hungry…well you’d better hope you weren’t in the prey’s shoes.

up all her courage, JangMi slowly moved away from the passenger seat trying to move to the back of the car, at least there was more room there to hide. She dared not to remove her eyes from the man-beast who was standing tall on its hind legs and sniffing the air. It was still quite a ways from where she was, and the windows were tinted but she didn’t take the chances. She successfully slide a leg into the back and was about to pull herself all the way back when the most unfortunately of things happened. JangMi’s other leg had caught onto the stick shift and pulled it all the way back. The sound that accompanied the drag could have been compared to church bells being rung right beside her ears as it was dead silent before.

JangMi froze again and hastily moved into the back. She glanced out the window but could not find any signs of the beast. She was saved, it had left! JangMi laid back in the seat and that’s when she could feel her heart beating hurriedly and her breathing heavy.

She sat straight again and for some reason, had the urge to look at the rear view mirror. The nagging feeling was strong as ever but she looked anyway and yelled.

A reflection of those thirsty yellow eyes were staring right at her.

JangMi’s voice cracked and her heartbeat skyrocketed. She ducked in the space between the seats and assumed the fetal position of hunching over and covering her head. Tears started falling from her eyes as she felt the car move as if some heavy person was just leaning on the car stood up straight. The motion scared her, it was coming!

She could hear her heartbeat pounding in her ears like a non stop drum.

Fingers grabbed onto her arms making her wail louder. “Get out! Leave me alone!!”

“JangMi-”

“Where’s oppa?! Let me goooo”

“JangMi ah!”

 

JangMi’s eyes opened wide and she found herself back in the passenger’s seat. The car was stopped and parked in a lot with a bunch of other cars. Loud music was booming in the background and from what she could comprehend, the banquet hall was just a short distance away.

“JangMi ah?”

JangMi jumped in her seat at the call of her name. She could still feel hands on her arms and trailed it back to whom they belonged to. The arms weren’t furry but had a cotton fabric and real hands, that belonged to her favourite person. Said person was looking at her with worry etched in their face. “JangMi ah! Gwenchana?”

JangMi blinked. She was in a car, her brother no where and now he’s standing outside the car with his holding her. “Sungmin oppa, I…where’s oppa?” Sungmin sighed in relief and gave her a smile. “Kyu? He’s inside. When you guys got here you were asleep and Kyu made me wake you up.” Sungmin chuckled awkwardly. “It was hard to wake you, seems like you had a nightmare.”

JangMi stared at his face for a long time. She was glad it all was a dream though it seemed so real-she felt like crying.

Sungmin began to panic and did what he could, and that was to hug her. “Ne, there’s no need to cry! It was a nightmare! Let’s quickly go to our friends and make smiles~”

JangMi smiled at Sungmin’s attempt to cheer her up. The tears that welled up had dried up and she shyly hugged him back. “Komawo Sungmin oppa.” Sungmin leaned back a bit and gave her his aegyo smile. “Anything for you dongsaengie.”

Sungmin took her hand and pulled her out of the car. JangMi shut the door and followed Sungmin to the hall.

She thought about her dream. But it was too real. Had her gift of foresight gone haywire? Or was it truly imagination…? 

 


REPORT

Myth: When the Moon is Full

Type: Werewolf

Else: ???