Christmas Special: Zel's story.

A WONDERFUL world.

"Mom! I'm going out today." Zel said putting on her boots.
Her mom came from the kitchen, wiping her hands with a cloth. "Where to?" she asked.

"To the park. I have to exchange gifts with the guys," she replied zipping up her coat.
Her mom smiled and nodded. "Okay sweetie. Be careful and bring your mittens!"
Zel held up her mitts and grabbed her purse. "Bye mom!"


Zel walked through town in a cheerful mood. She was excited to see and share presents with her friends whom she hadn't seen since school ended for break. And they wouldn't be able to spend Christmas together since everyone had somewhere warm and tropical to go to soon while she stayed in the cold.

Zel hummed with the holiday songs that played in the streets. Music from inside stores leaked outside and mixed with the street performers who entertained a crowd. The medley of sounds made Zel happy.

She made her way to the park, passing the old gates that surrounded the area. She felt eyes on her as she walked down a little path that led to the playground. Zel turned to find the leering eyes, only to see some cupid statues on top of some stone pillars. Odd. She had never seen them before. Maybe that's why she had a weird feeling.

But there was still something about them. There were 4 in total, baby-like with glorious wings on their backs and bows in their hands, all pointing to the middle of the small square they made-where she was standing.

"Yah!" Zel jumped at the sound and almost slid on her heeled boots-if it weren't for the hand that gripped her arm. "Whoa, watch it girlie."
Without even looking Zel knew who it was. She growled. "Jiyong sshi...!" Jiyong smiled and steadied her stance. "Why, hello to you too~"

"Why are you here?" Zel asked.
"To exchange gifts of course," Jiyong scoffed matter-of-factly. Zel forgot that Jiyong was also part of her group of best friends-Big Bang.
"Right..." Zel looked up in thought but caught sight of the cupids. She gasped in surprise, they were now all facing different directions.

Jiyong followed her gaze. "Oh. Yeah, those are new. Those cupid are supposed to represent the 4 directions, north, south, east, west."
Zel's eyes were wide, they weren't in those positions before! They moved!

"Can...we go?" Zel asked tugging on Jiyong's jacket. He was surprised that she asked so nicely. "Uh, sure. The guys must be waiting."

While Jiyong was leading her away, Zel glanced back at the cupids one last time before they left her sight. They were still pointing in the 4 directions. The cupids glinted and at her gaze seemed to move...

Jiyong nudged her shoulder, snapping her out of thoughts. "Bwo?" Jiyong smiled cutely. "Did you get me a present?" he asked playfully. Zel nodded slowly. "Ne..."

They had just made it to the middle of the park which was covered in a light snow. The others hadn't arrived just yet. Jiyong skipped over to a bench nearby and pushed off the snow that had accumulated on the top. He sat down and patted the spot next to him while looking at Zel with a grin. "Sit!"

Zel sat down beside him. "Did you...also-" "Can I have mine now?" he interrupted. Zel would've snapped at him but a childish smile was on his lips.
Zel sighed and handed over a snowman printed box. "I don't know if you'll like it..."
Once the box touched his hands, Jiyong wasted no time in tearing the wrapping apart.

A sleek white scarf was nestled in the tissue. It had some silver designs on it too. "..."
Zel didn't hear a response from Jiyong and assumed the worst, he didn't like it.

"Zel ah! Jiyong!"
Zel turned her head to see TOP, Daesung, Taeyang, and SeungRi running over to them. Zel smiled. "Annyeong!"


After sharing gifts and some hugs and laughs everyone departed. Zel had gifts from all her friends, with the exception of Jiyong. He had ignored he since their friends arrived, enjoying only their company.


"That selfish, ungrateful-argh!" Zel muttered dark words under her breath as she trudged through the snow with her arms wrapped tightly around herself. It was getting colder so she wanted to get home as fast as she could. But the weight of the presents(did they give me bricks?!) were slowing her down.

"Hey slow poke!"
Zel ignored the call and kept her pace. The voice kept calling her up until she walked about a block's worth, then it became quiet.

A cloth was wrapped around her shoulders from behind, gently secured around her chilled neck.. "I was calling you," Jiyong whispered with his head bowed. Zel could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks.
"W-what are you doing?" she asked through chattering teeth.
Jiyong lifted his head to smirk at her. "Can't leave a woman to freeze." "...Right." she didn't bother to yell or move away, it was warming her up.

So that's how they walked, Jiyong's white scarf tying them together as a pair. It was a silent walk until it was time for them to part.
Zel nodded to the road to the right. "My way is there."
"I'm on the left." Jiyong said with a sighed.

Jiyong shoved his hands in his pockets while Zel removed the scarf around her neck. The warmth was fading. "Hey, um, so..." "I'm gonna go."
Zel was quick to walk away. It was still cold and her house was really close.

"Wait!" Jiyong held her hand tightly and quickly let go, leaving a package in her gasp. "Merry Christmas!" he ran off on his way, holding onto his scarf so it wouldn't fall off.

Zel watched with wide eyes as Jiyong hopped over snow mounds like a leprechaun. She glanced down to the present in her hands, roughly wrapped with tape all over. "Well, the wrap is considerably better than the ones he gave the guys..." she began her walk but with a smile now on her lips.

 


REPORT

Myth: Moving StatuesType: Cupids

Effect: ???