Iron Pipe

Found You, Saved You

(Sujung's POV)

 
 Entering class after lunch brake, I was stopped by my teacher when I had only stepped my foot inside the door. 
 
 "You're father called," she said, taking me out to the corridor. "He said it was urgent and that you have to pack your things and go home." My heart dropped and I nodded. I couldn't stay if he even called my school to get me home. I knew I was up for something terrible. 
 
 Without a word I went to my seat to pack my things. 
 "Where are you going?" Donggeun, who sat on the seat beside me, asked. 
"I... just need to go somewhere," I said hesitantly. He nodded slowly but looked quite puzzled, as if he was trying to figure out where I was going. 
 
 I walked quickly out of the school building, already feeling guilty towards Minhyuk for not telling him anything. My stomach was aching and it was telling me that I should go anywhere but home. I should be fighting this back, I shouldn't be making it so easy for my father to hurt me, but something told me that if I didn't go home now and face whatever was waiting for me, I might have to face it some other time eventually. 
 
 Finally home, I could not hear nor could I see anyone inside the house, therefore I decided to go upstairs to my room and get rid of my uniform, as it wasn't the most comfortable clothing to wear.  
 
 
 "Kim Sujung! Get down here now!" I heard my father yell from down the stairs. I closed my eyes in fear at the sound of it, but decided to make my way down the stairs no matter what. 
 
 Only stepping my foot on the first floor, he grabbed my hair roughly in his fist and pulled me down on my knees. 
 "When did I give you permission to just take a guy inside this house?!" he shouted in my ear. Tears were already threatening to fall. "And don't even think of crying! Don't you dare pity yourself and cry in front of me!" With that, he smashed my head down against the floor before yanking me up by my arm.
 
 He started to lead me against the cellar door. I immediately stuttered against his grip, and tears started to spill even if I tried not to let them fall. But I was scared; I knew exactly what was down the stairs behind that door. 
 
 As he roughly slammed the door open, my legs gave in and I fell to the floor, letting a cry slip past my lips. 
 "Stop it! Get back on your legs, you useless daughter!" he shouted as he tried to force me past the entrance of the door.  
 "No! Appa, please!" I cried helplessly, trying to get out of his grip. He could beat me all he wanted, but I was not going to endure the torture that was awaiting me. 
 
 In the end I failed, and was forcibly dragged down the stairs, then left in the middle of the small dark room, the room I feared the most of all places in this world. Tears were flowing from my eyes and I tried to hold in the sobs, but some kept slipping past my lips from time to time. All I could do was sit there and watch him stand in front of the wooden table by the wall, picking the perfectly needed tool.
 
 Not too long after he came walking towards me with a small but long knife in one hand. He bent down and pulled my sweater off roughly. The next target were my jeans, which he ripped open with help from the knife. The whole time I kept sobbing and crying, and when the sharp blade cut  by my thigh, I cried out in pain, but I didn't say anything or beg him to stop. I knew I had nothing to say, because there was nothing that would make him stop. 
 
 Before he said himself finished, he ripped the tank-top I was wearing off of my body as well, leaving me in just my underwear.
 "I thought I told you not to cry?!" he yelled as he stood up. I bit my lip to contain the sobs, but I completely failed. This made him mad and he started to kick me hard right in the ribs. 
 
 Before I could even sit up after all the kicking, he had walked over to the table and picked another of his tools that law there. He came walking towards me with an iron pipe in his arms, and a new rush of fear spread itself through my body. I tried to get up and run away, but even before I could manage that, he slammed the hard iron against my waist, and made me fall right down to the floor with a loud cry of pain. 
 
 "Don't just leave the house and stay over with some guy!" He yelled, hitting me between each word. I could already feel blood spill by some places he hit. "How do you dare bring him with you home?! Are you a or what?!"
 
 "Get on your knees," he demanded, drying away some of the sweat from his forehead. I did not move, I didn't even look at him. "GET ON YOUR KNEES!!" he screamed. Collecting all my courage, I forced myself to my knees. "Now tell me honestly," he clenched his fingers around my jaw and yanked my head roughly upwards to look at him, "why did you just leave with that boyfriend of yours, and bring me in such a difficult situation with my sister?" he asked through clenched teeth. 
 
 Again, I did not answer him, I just looked at him. I didn't want to speak to him, not now, not like this. 
 "Answer me!" His fingers tightened around my jaw and made me whimper in pain and close my eyes as tears were rolling down my cheeks. He let go and stood up, then starting over with hitting my vulnerable body with the iron pipe and my cries filled the room once again.  
 
 It felt like an eternity before he finally stopped hitting, throwing away the pipe.  Just when I thought the pain was over, he pushed me roughly to lie on my stomach and started to slash my back with a whip. I screamed in pain by every . The new and more intense pain was unbearable. I could feel blood run from fresh wounds and sweat was sliding down from my neck and forehead. 
 
 "Stay here until I let you out," he said and threw the whip away, "I'm leaving the house at five, and you better keep quiet. I hope you've learned your lesson." Without another word, he walked up the stairs and locked the door after himself. I law hurt and exhausted on the cold ground. Tears were falling and fear was still filling my body. The room had gotten completely dark after he locked the door. It was because of this room I feared the dark so greatly. 
 
 
 I law on the floor for maybe hours, I had no track of the time, until I finally heard a sound. Until now, everything had been silent. 
 "Tell me where she is!" someone's voice was shouting helplessly. My eyes widened. That voice... belonged to Minhyuk. I wanted to call out to him, but then I remembered my fathers words. 
 "I've already told you kid! She's not here! Stop running around my house and get out!" my father shouted back. 
 
 As I heard somebody run up the stairs to the second floor, I used the last strength in my body, and crawled over to my ripped jeans and got out my phone from one of the pockets.  
 
"Minhyuk, please leave. Don't tell anyone about this and leave the house. Come back after five, I'll tell you where I am then. For now, just leave. I don't want him to hurt you. Please listen to me. I'm okey and I'm not hurt. Also, don't tell anyone about this message. I'm really sorry..." 
 
 Tears were once again falling from my eyes. I didn't want anything to happen to him. I had to lie just to make sure he was safe. Suddenly, my phone started to ring. Luckily for me, the sound was off. If my father heard my phone ring I would be in lots of trouble. 
 
 Crying soundlessly, I only watched as the phone rang. When it stopped, a message came in. Unlocking my phone, I read what it said;
 "Kim Sujung! I know you're lying! Tell me where you are right now!"
 
 As I scrolled down, I could see a lot of other messages he had sent.
 
 -Kitty, Donggeun told me you left after lunch. Where are you?
 -Are you okey? You're not hurt right?
 -Sujung, please answer me!
 -Why aren't you answering?
 -Tell me where you are!
 -Is he hurting you again? Are you at home?!
 -This isn't funny! Tell me where you are!!!
 There were also 10 missed calls. 
 Just as I looked at the screen, I saw another message coming in. 
 
 -Fine! I'll go! Promise to tell me where you are when I come back!
 
 I was about to tell him that I promised to do so, but my phone turned itself off all of a sudden, probably due to the lack of battery. I already knew I couldn't keep that promise. 
 
 Tossing away my phone, I laid back down on the cold ground, curling myself up into a ball to try and collect some warmth. I was so exhausted, and soon my eyes had closed themselves and I fell into sleep. 
 
 
 
 (Minhyuk's POV)
 
 "Hyung!" I called out from my bedroom. I had been walking in circles and trying to message and call Sujung, but it seemed like her phone was turned off. 
 "What's up?" Changhyuk walked inside my room, sitting down on my bed. 
"I need your help," I said. He looked at me, motioning me to go on, "Sujung is hurt and she doesn't pick up the phone. I believe she's inside her house, but when I went there, I couldn't find her! You need to help me look after her." He sighed heavily and agreed to come with me. 
 
 
 We could walk right into her house, as the door was not locked. Even if it was open for anyone to walk inside, there was no one to see at home. 
 "You search through the second floor, and I'll look down here," Changhyuk instructed. I nodded and ran up the stairs. I looked inside every possible room I could find, I even looked through the shelves  and closets, but I was not able to find her. Giving up completely, I ran back downstairs to see if Changhyuk had found anything. 
 
 I found him not too far away from the staircase, standing in front of a wooden door, trying to open it. 
 "You didn't find anything?" he asked as he tried to open the door with some stick. I shook my head disappointedly. 
 
 "Do you think she's behind here?" I asked, my body filling with hope. 
"There's a chance..." he replied. Suddenly, he sighed in frustration and threw the stick away. He walked a few steps backwards, then kicked the door open.
 "Hyung..!" I gasped in shock, but my interest had moved to the room before me. 
 
 The room was almost completely dark, and it gave me a creepy feeling. Using the flashlight on my phone, I could see a table filled with tools. Tools that would be used for torture! Ropes and chains were hanged to the ceiling and the walls. Moving the light a to the middle of the floor, I spotted something that made me gasp and my eyes widen.  Sujung law half with wounds and cuts all over her body on the floor, looking unconscious. 
 
 I got on my knees behind her shaking her slightly to see if she was still breathing. 
 "Sujung-ah... Sujung-ah! Please wake up!" After I had shaken her carefully, she opened her eyes slowly. Her eyes locked with mine, and tears started to fall down her cheeks. 
 "Minhyuk, we need to get her somewhere warmer.. A bed or something," Changhyuk's calm voice came. He was always so calm when he talked, no matter what situation. 
 
 I lifted her up in my arms and carried her to her bedroom, Changhyuk following closely behind me, and laid her down on the bed, pulling the blanket over her wounded body. She was shaking and crying, she looked so scared it hurt me to the core. 
 
 "Sujungie... Why didn't you say you were injured like this?" I asked her, a hand through her hair. 
"I couldn't," her low and broken voice came. 
 "If you had told me that you were leaving school, I could have come with you and none of this would have happened. I was so worried about you!" I told her, but Changhyuk laid a hand on my shoulder, making me turn and look at him. 
 
 "Minhyuk, that is not helping, remember," I nodded and he removed his hand. We had gone through a few different ways of talking for different situations if Sujung ever would have to face something difficult. He was going school to become a doctor, and he only had one year left. He knew what to do in situations like this. 
 
 "Sujung, I need to look at your wounds and see if anything's infected or broken," Changhyuk said, moving a little closer to her. Taking the hint, I quietly got up from the bed to give him better access. But it did not look like she was going to let him through. She sat up, bringing the blanket with her, pressing herself against the wall as if she was terrified. "If we check now, and everything is okey, we don't have to take it down to the hospital," he tried. 
 
 I sat down on my knees on the floor beside her bed and took one of her hands in my own. She looked down at me with begging eyes. The look of her was braking me. She looked so scared and hurt. 
 "Please... Don't take me there..! I cannot explain this.." she silently cried. Hearing those words brought me to tears as well. 
 "Kitty, what did he do to you?" I asked, my voice braking in the middle of the sentence. She had never been like this. What could he do to her to make her like this?
 
 "Sujung-ah, please let me have a look. I won't hurt you, I only want to see if you're badly hurt," Changhyuk said. She squeezed her eyes together, letting even more tears fall. 
 "It's okey," I comforted her, "just let him see, and if we really have to go to the hospital, I can explain it for you, you don't need to do it if it's hard." She kept battling with her own thoughts, until she bit her lip and closed her eyes, pushing down the blanket. 
 
 Every inch of her thin body was hurt. There were cuts and red marks all over her body. It looked so bad I was starting to feel slightly sick. 
 "I'm a little worried if some of your ribs might be broken..." Changhyuk sighed. 
 "What... Did he use?" I asked her hesitantly. She didn't reply, only retuned my gaze with wet and puffy eyes, holding onto my hand as if I would vanish if she let go. 
 "Judging from the looks of this, I believe he used a whip or a pipe?" Changhyuk looked at Sujung, as if asking for an answer. She closed her eyes and nodded. I could feel a knot build up in my stomach. She had been tortured like that, and I couldn't do anything about it.
 
 "Minhyuk, get a wet cloth," Changhyuk said. I carefully took my hand away from Sujung, and gave her a sorrowful look. As quickly as I could, I ran to the bathroom to get what I needed, then went straight back. Changhyuk started to carefully wipe the dried blood off of her body. Her expression looked pained, therefore I took her hand in my own once again. 
 
 "Go find her some clothes," he said as he finished up. I went to her closet to grab some clothes. There were not a lot, so I basically took out a pair of sweat jeans and a hoodie. I didn't want her clothes to be too close to her body, because I knew it had to sting a lot, and tight clothes would only make it worse. I helped her on with the clothes and sat beside her on the bed. Changhyuk had disappeared out the door a few moments ago, probably talking with Eomma over the phone. 
 
 Suddenly, Sujung wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. I was taken aback, but I was soon dragged into reality by her voice. 
 "I'm sorry," she said with a muffled voice,  "I should have told you earlier."
 "Don't think too much about it, Kitty. You're safe now," I said as I wrapped my arms carefully around her. 
 
 "You know..." she started after some time, "it would have been a lot easier if I wasn't here at all..." I pulled slightly away to look at her. 
 "Why would you say that?" I asked, furrowing my brows. 
"Because it's the truth. If I wasn't here, none of this would have happened and you and Changhyuk wouldn't have to look after me-"
 "Sujung, stop." She looked up at me. "Don't say that. You're staying with me whether you like it or not. I'm not letting you disappear."
 "But just think about it! Being away from everything... Wouldn't that have been grate..." She trailed off, fresh tears in her eyes. 
 "No, it would have been terrible! Stop thinking like that! It's hurting me..."
 
 She laid down, placing her head on my lap. I brushed my fingers through her soft hair carefully. 
 "We can go together...if you want.." I could clearly hear by her voice that she had started crying again, but was trying to hide it. I also understood everything she meant. She did not want to live like this any longer. I didn't know how to make her stop, so I didn't say anything, only kept her hair. In the end, trying to convince her in a state like this was quite useless. 
 
 "Kids, let's go," Changhyuk called from the hall outside. Sujung sat up, looking unsure of what to do. 
 "Can you walk? I don't think I should carry you when your body is like this..." She stood up, but immediately lost her balance. I quickly got to her side before she could fall, taking her arm to support her. She looked rather dizzy as we walked to the car. 
 
 "We should go to the hospital," Changhyuk said firmly, looking at Sujung trough the rear view mirror. 
 "Please don't... I'll do anything... Just don't take me there..." she said weakly. He let a heavy sigh slip past his lips, then nodded. 
 "Make sure she doesn't fall asleep," Changhyuk said to me, before starting the engine to the car, driving off to our home.
 
 The whole ride I had to do something to keep her attention. It looked like she was going to pass out any moment. I was talking to her about completely random stuff until we arrived. 
 
 
(Sujung's POV)
 
 Minhyuk helped me lay down on the couch. My whole body was in pain and I felt extremely dizzy. 
 "Kitty, I'm so sorry things happened like this," Minhyuk said and kneeled down beside where I law on the couch. 
 "It's okey... It's not the first time anyways," I assured with a faint smile. 
 "This has happened before?!" He asked terrified, eyes widening. 
"This isn't so bad..."
 "Are you telling me you've been hurt worse than this before?!" he almost cried, standing up from the floor. I only nodded, earning a stare from him. 
 
 "Why haven't you told me this before?" he asked, his voice low. 
"There are things that you don't need to know..." I sighed. "I'm going to the bathroom." I walked past a dumbfounded Minhyuk. Right now, I just needed some time for myself. Even if I almost lost my balance by every step I took. Arriving inside the bathroom, I locked the door and sat down on the toilet seat. 
 
 What would happen to me now? My father clearly said not to go anywhere before he let me out. I remember doing it once, and even if I was gravely injured, he would give me the exact same punishment. I was not willing to repeat that happening. 
 
 My head hurt more and more by every second, and soon I was struggling to see. My vision became blurry, but I chose to ignore it and exited the bathroom. Minhyuk, who probably heard me unlock the door, came running to me at once, asking if I was feeling better. I nodded my head slightly because I did not want him to worry, but that was when everything got worse. My vision became black and I fell to the floor...
 
-
 
 I woke up in a white and way too familiar room. Yet again, I was at the hospital.
 “Ah, you’re awake?” I turned around to see Minhyuk’s worried face. I sat up in bed, immediately yelping as a horrible pain shot through my side. "You need to lay down!" Minhyuk jumped to his feet, trying to carefully lay me back down, but I wouldn't. 
 
 "You have three broken ribs on your right side, and one on your left, please lay down and rest," he begged desperately, holding both of my hands in his. Tears were falling from the pain and fear I felt, and I frantically gave in, falling back down on the bed. 
 "How long have I been here?" I asked carefully, drying away the tears that kept falling. 
 "Not too long... Only two days," he assured, still holding my hands. "You had to go through a surgery, and you'll have to stay here for a few more weeks."
 
 All this was so unfair. Why did everything have to happen to me? The feeling of having a life like this made me brake out in tears. 
 "Kitty, what's wrong? Are you in a lot of pain?" Minhyuk asked concerned, moving closer. Indeed I was in pain... Pain was the most common word to describe me. 
 
 Sobs escaped my throat, and soon I was crying helplessly. 
 "Sujung-ah, please tell me what's wrong!" he pleaded, not really knowing what to do. Everyrhing felt so unreal at this point. I lost completely control. All I wanted was for the pain to go away. In the end, all I did was sob harder and harder by every second. 
 
 I brought my hands up to my pathetic face, as if it would ease the pain in any way. By now, I could almost not breath, and the only thing that rushed through my mind was; how do I stop all the pain? Desperately, I started clawing at my arms, scratching them so roughly that blood started to show. 
 
 "Sujung, calm down! Please! Stop this and get to your senses!" Minhyuk said firmly, trying to get a hold of my arms again. Suddenly, some people rushed into the room. I couldn't see clearly, but they were probably doctors and nurses of some kind. Minhyuk was pushed aside, and I was held down against the hospital bed. 
 
 Being in the panicked state as I was, I screamed at the top of my lungs, trying to get away. One of the men said something, but I couldn't catch it, and the next thing I felt was something sharp being inserted to my arm. I could feel liquor stream through my arm, and suddenly, I couldn't even handle my own body, I was completely numb. 
 
 "Relax, it's quite normal to wake up in panic after a surgery. Don't you worry. She will be completely fine," I could hear a woman say, supposedly to Minhyuk. 
 
 Tears were still escaping my eyes, as I law on the bed, unable to move. Minhyuk appeared by my side once again, my hair carefully. Through my blurry vision, I could see that his eyes were red and puffy, and a few tears ran down his cheeks from time to time. 
 "Kitty..." he started, his voice broken, "you keep scaring me..." I felt a knot appear in my stomach. I did not want to be the reason he worried, but I kept worrying him at all times. He gave me faint smile and bent down to rest his forehead against mine. 
 
 My eyelids were becoming heavy and the last will and strength in my body was fading away. 
 "Just close your eyes, sweetie. I'll stay right here and watch over you. Everything is going to be alright..." he whispered softly. I could feel one teardrop drip onto my cheek, but I was too tired to mind, and slowly, I closed my eyelids.... 
 
-
 
 "She needs to disappear! If he's supposed to live the rest of his life peacefully, then she Needs to go!" The voice I could hear from the corridor belonged to a woman... A woman's voice that I had not heard in along time. It sounded so familiar, yet so far away. But she sounded... angry. 
 "No, I don't think so... If I could just help her out a little, then maybe-"
 "I SAID NO!" 
 
 The other voice was one I had never heard before. It was a soft voice belonging to a girl. I sat up in the hospital bed, looking around. Minhyuk sat, almost law, in a chair a little further away from the bed. He's eyes were closed, and I assumed he would be sleeping. 
 "Why?! Why can't I help her?!" the girl cried, dragging my attention once again. 
 
 I stepped out of the bed. My bare feet felt cold against the hospital floor. I went closer to the door, pressing my ear against it. 
 "Because she doesn't deserve it! How many times have I told you?! The only way to make this work is to finish her off-" I suddenly leant with a little too much of my weight, and fell through the door, falling to the ground outside in the corridor. As I lifted my head, I could see a woman run into the nearest room, dragging the younger girl quickly with her. In a moment there, I thought it was my mother I saw... 
 
 Sitting on my knees in the empty corridor, I kept completely silent. 
"We should go see if she is okey," I heard the girls voice say. 
 "No, if she sees us, our plan isn't going to work," the woman said. As I listened a little more carefully this time, her voice sounded awfully similar to my mothers. 
 "I don't like this plan! She's struggling enough as it is. Let's just leave here be." 
 
 Shaking slightly, I got back up on my feet, walking slowly in the direction where the two of them were hiding. 
 "You already agreed. You can't turn back now. And, if you dare to do something else than what I've told you to do, that will be the last thing you do before you die!" the woman growled. My head was screaming at me to turn around and walk in any other direction, but my curiosity kept making me go forward. 
 "I'll rather die..." the younger girl mumbled. 
"Then I'll just find someone else who is willing to do the job!"
 
 Almost by the door to the room where the two of them were standing, I peeked my head around the corner to look inside the window of the door. I spotted the two of them, and the woman made big eyes, gasping in alarm. It was her. It couldn't be... But she looked exactly the same! She looked just like my mother. Suddenly, something hard hit me in the back of the head. I turned around to see something even more unexpected. Another version of myself was standing behind me, holding a baseball bat above her head. Within just a few seconds, the bat was swung again and hit me right across the face-
 
 
 I slowly opened my heavy eyelids by the feeling of a hand running through my hair. 
 "Are you feeling better?" Minhyuk asked, smiling down at me. I looked confused up at him. That was just a dream... "Here, drink this," he said, gently putting a glass of water against my lips, helping me drink it. 
 
 I tried pushing myself up on the bed, but a terrible pain shot through my body, making me hiss and falling back down. 
 "Kitty, you need to lay down for a few days. I've told the doctor what happened to you, and he has already talked with your father." Tears built up in my eyes. What would happen to me? If he denied that he hurt me, this would happen all over again when I got home, but if he agreed to have done this, then he would end up in jail and I would not have anywhere to stay, I would probably end up in an orphanage or something.  
 "What did he say?" I asked weakly. 
"What do you mean?" Minhyuk questioned. 
 "If he already talked with my father, then what did he say?" I asked again, looking up at him. 
 "Well that..." he started. 
 
 I looked away, my heart dropping. He denied it. He must have. One of my greatest wishes was to escape him, even if that meant I would be thrown out on the streets and die from lack of food and water. 
 
 "He denied the commitment," Minhyuk finally said. Tears escaped my eyes from the disappointment of hearing his words. "Don't cry, I'll keep you safe. I promised you so, remember?" Minhyuk rubbed my tears away carefully with his thumbs, his hands laying on either side of my face. "I know it's hard, but trust me when I say that I will help you through all of this," he said with a faint smile. 
 
 "If I was you... I would have left by now..." I whispered, as I did not have enough strength to speak properly. 
 "But you are not me, and I'm staying," he said quite sternly. 
 "Why haven't you left yet?" He blinked down at me, as a moment of silence fell over the two of us. 
 "If you tell me to leave right now, and tell me that you have no kinds of feelings towards me, then I'll walk straight out, and I won't bother you again."
 
 My heart sped up it's pace by the thought of losing him. I swallowed and looked at him with pleading eyes, not knowing exactly what to say. My words were stuck in my throat. 
 "That's what I thought... You don't want me to leave." He looked down at me with a smirk around his lips. 
 "Yes, I don't want you to leave!" I said, putting all my sincerity in those words, tears forming in my eyes yet again. "I want you to stay with me..." He bent down, and gently placed his lips over mine. It felt so right. I finally believed in myself. I only wanted him, no one else, not even did I want to continue on my own. I needed him, and I knew it. 
 
 
 
 
 ------------------------------------------
 
*Author's Note*
 
Hi everybody^_^
I'm sorry it took some time to update this, I've been real busyㅠㅠ
I'm also sorry for making this chapter a little shorter than usually, but I will really try my best and quickly start writing the next chapter. 
 
So, now you know how terrible her father can be... And Changhyuk seems to start being a little tired of all this?
In the last part, I wrote in Sujung's POV, and it got quite messy as she kept losing consciousness, but I didn't want you to know what happened around her when she was asleep>_<
 
I will really stop saying "looks like I will update quickly this time" or things like that, because when I give promises like that, I usually can't hold them ㅠㅠ I have another fic that I'm writing on, and I wrote a oneshot (check them out if you want^_^) and I also write a lot by hand about other fictions, so yeah~~~
 
Please subscribe and Upvote if you haven't, and comment what you think! Comments are the best thing in the world and it makes me SUPER happy^_^