Regrets

Found You, Saved You

   (Minhyuk’s POV)

 If Sujung did not start seeing and hearing things again, she would have been out of the hospital by now. She had even decided to refuse any medicines, any at all, and she kept herself on the bed, feet never touching the ground unless if she needed to use the bathroom.

 I tried to talk to her. Everyone did. Her aunt, my mother, Changhyuk, the nurses too, but she would not listen. Actually, it seemed as if she could not listen to anything else but what she heard inside of her head. It was sad.

 Unlike last time she turned out like this, she did not say anything. Before, she would talk about it as if it was normal, but now she seemed to be a little too aware of her illness. When I asked her to talk to me she kept saying ‘you’ll think I’m crazy’, repeating it until I dropped the subject.

 I just had to find a way to help her out of this, and everything would be fine.

 

 “Sujung-“ I stopped in the door-opening, feeling a familiar panic rise inside my chest. I could not see her. She was not sitting on the bed like she used to. “Sujungie?”

 I found her behind the bed, on the floor, holding her knees up to her chest, rocking slightly back and forth, mumbling something to herself.
 “Kitty?” I placed my hand on her shoulder carefully, but it only seemed to make it worse. “What’s wrong?”
 “You’ll just think I’m crazy,” she whispered, not looking at me.
“No, I won’t,” I told her, “I already know you. I already know that you are not crazy.”

 “Is the door closed?” she asked, sounding more panicked than a moment ago.
 I looked back at the door. “No.”
“You have to close the door. Quickly.”
 “No, not before you tell me what’s going on.”
“Please!” She started sobbing.

 “I’m sorry Kitty, but you have to calm down and explain this to me.” I took my arms around her shaking body, bringing her close. “If we keep the door and windows closed, you won’t get any air.”
 “But I don’t need air! I need to stay away from those people!” she cried, trying to get out of my grip.
 “There is no one there. Sujungie, it’s only you and I inside of this room,” I assured her, not letting her go. There was a chance she would totally lose it and start clawing at herself until she bled if I did.
 “They aren’t here, they are outside, but they are coming! I can hear them!”

“No, Sweetie, you know this is only inside your head. It’s not real. You just have to shut it out. I know you can do it.”
 “They’re coming closer! Minhyuk, please just close that stupid door! I know you don’t hear what I hear, but you have to trust me!” She kept sobbing, fighting against me. But to her, it was helpless. I kept her in place, and being in the devastated state she was, she did not have much to fight with.

 “Sujung, listen to me,” I said, holding her firmly by her upper arms. “There is nothing there. You are not in danger. No one is going to take you away or hurt you. You can’t shut me out and think that everything will be okay that way, you have to talk to me, and take your medicine, so this doesn’t happen.”

 She gave in, crashing onto my chest, sobbing even harder. “You have to make them leave!!” she screamed. I could feel her fingernails bore themselves into my biceps.
 “We’ll make them leave together, okay?” She shook her head violently. “If we don’t, they’ll never go away.”

 More or less against her will, I helped her up to her feet. She already seemed just a little calmer, but her eyes were shut tightly together. I let her use her time to open them, and when she eventually did, tears still streaming down her face, she kept them focused on something I could not see.

 “Do you see anyone?” I asked carefully, and she nodded. “Now, tell them to go away.” She kept looking at them for a while, until her knees suddenly gave in and she started sobbing again.
 “I can’t!” she cried, “They won’t let me!” I still had a firm grip on her upper arms, preventing her from falling to the floor.
 “You can!” I assured her, looking into her eyes, trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible.

 “Just tell them to go away, I’ll do it first-“
“No! They’ll be mad! Don’t-“
 “Whoever you are, you can go away now,” I said, trying to look directly where she had, “My Sujungie doesn’t want you to be here, because you are scaring her, so please go back to wherever you came from. Sujung thinks you guys are stupid and pathetic, isn’t that right Kitty?” She hid her eyes from me, looking down at the floor. “Isn’t it?” I asked again, giving her arm a slight squeeze. Almost not at all, she nodded her head.

 “You have to tell them out loud,” I informed her. “Just do what I did. Just tell them you want them to go away because you don’t like them.”
 She took a deep breath. “P-please go a-away…”

 

“Are they gone yet?” I asked her carefully after a long while had passed. She nodded her head, still shaking with tears running down her cheeks. I brought her in for a hug, kissing the top of her head.

 “See? Tell me what’s wrong and I’ll make it go away,” I said. “I’ll do anything in my power to make things alright for you. If I can’t, I’ll change the world for you.”

 

--

    (Sujung’s POV)

 “Sujung, are you going to take your medicine today?” I took a deep breath before nodding, holding my hand out to take the pills. They had doubled the dose. As I swallowed the lot of them, three at each time, I hated it. I hated it so much. I felt disgusting. However, I kept going, swallowing all of them, thinking of how much it would help Minhyuk if I did.

 After a while, I felt myself dosing off. Those medications made me sleepy, which was one of the things that terrified me about them. I could not help but fall asleep for a while, but that nap came to an end when I woke up by noises of someone approaching my bed could be heard.

 I sat up and looked at the last person I ever thought I would see. I was speechless. All I could do was look at him with big eyes as he took a seat in the chair by my bed, where Minhyuk used to sit.

 “Hi…” Ilhoon said rather awkwardly, avoiding my gaze. I was still speechless. I knew I should have said hello or anything, but no sound would leave my trout. “Your wrist is kind of blue,” he pointed out after a moment of silence.

 I looked down at my wrist. I had received that blue mark around my wrist when I slammed it against the edge of the bed, to try and ease all the pain I felt by hearing the footsteps. I was trying to take my mind on other things in a way.

 “Can I say something to you?” For the first time, he looked at me. Not really getting rid of that surprised expression I was wearing, I nodded. He nodded as well, looking down again. “If I knew what your father did to you all those years ago, I would never have treated you like I did,” he explained.

 “It’s just… I did everything for you, because I liked you, but then, despite all I did and everything I tried to make you like me back, you rejected me. In front of everybody. I know it’s totally wrong to treat anyone the way I treated you only because I was rejected. I am completely aware of it. I just didn’t know how to react, and the way I did it only made everything worse for you.

 I was completely clueless the whole time. I was kind of trapped inside this bubble where I thought that taking my pain out on you would give you what you deserved, but it really didn’t… I just made everything ten times worse. And I made everyone hate you…” By now, tears were starting to roll down my face.

 “When Minhyuk told me what was really going on, I felt so bad. I’m not stupid; I know how people get mentally ill. I know I’ve played a big part in getting you into a condition like this-“ He stopped there for a while, taking a deep breath, still keeping his gaze down. If I was not mistaken, it seemed as if he had started to tear up as well.

 “I felt jealous, you know… You let Minhyuk in so easily, but me… You always pushed me away, you never told me anything to make me understand why I should keep a distance.”
 “Minhyuk kind of forced me to let him in. He wouldn’t go away, even if I tried everything. He even came to my house only to take me to the hospital,” I explained, speaking for the first time, my voice small. Ilhoon chuckled slightly.

 “I don’t want you to be scared I might throw you head first down the toilet, or that I’ll take your homework or if I’ll make anyone beat you until you can’t get up from the ground-“ he continued, his face looking bothered as he mentioned those things I became so familiar with during my years in school. “I can’t really explain why I did all those things,“ he said, “I just did, and I want to take it back, even if that’s more or less impossible. I could never dream of you sitting inside a hospital like this. And I at least could never imagining myself sitting alone with all that guilt every single day. I just want you to be happy.”

 “Ilhoon- I don’t really know what to say-“
“You don’t have to say anything. I get that you really want me to leave. I just had to tell you,” he said, standing up.
 “D-don’t go!”

Ilhoon looked at me, surprise showing in his features.
 “You apologized, didn’t you? I don’t blame you for anything that ever happened to me, so if you’re not mad anymore, why can’t you just stay? Minhyuk went to the gym anyways…” It was surprising even to me that those words came out of my mouth. I was literally terrified when I woke up to see him in my room. He frightened me, but after all he had said… I just could not help myself but to feel sorry for him.

 I never blamed him, not anyone, for the way I had turned out. I frankly believed I deserved it. It was only my fault.

 

 He sat with me for another hour, and I used that amount of time to explain for him how my life had been. Not because I wanted him to pity me or anything. Simply because I wanted him to understand why I did what I did all those years ago. And as I told him almost my whole story, leaving out some parts of it, I could swear I had never seen him as shocked before.

The moment Ilhoon was about to walk out the door, Minhyuk walked inside, both walking into each other.
 “What are you doing here?” Minhyuk asked, sounding defensive. “I really hope you didn’t do as much as put a finger on her.”
 “He was keeping me company, don’t be such a jerk,” I said from where I sat on the bed.
 “Are you defending him?!”

“Hyung, I apologized,” Ilhoon said, his voice smaller than usual.
 “Oh…” Minhyuk looked off guard.
“I have to go now,” Ilhoon said, excusing himself, “I’ll call you or something…”
 “Um… yeah…”

Minhyuk stepped aside, allowing Ilhoon to take his lave.

 I told Minhyuk everything Ilhoon had said, and he seemed quite speechless during the whole story. The atmosphere was something I could not really describe. It was not exactly tense, neither was it awkward, but it seemed… deep, somehow, and silent.

 

 “Where are you going?” Minhyuk asked as I pushed myself up from the bed. Without a word, I went over to where he sat on the couch, and nuzzled myself into his arms.

 “I love you,” I told him, knitting our fingers together.
“You better,” he joked, making me giggle.
 “I’m sorry I’ve put you through all of this…”
“Don’t be. I could have walked away if I wanted to, which I didn’t and I won’t.”

 He kissed the top of my head.
“Just be nice and take all of your medicines so you can leave this place, okay? I know it’s all very hard, but if we do this together, it will be easier. Trust me.” I closed my eyes, resting my head against his chest, breathing in his scent. I was always so safe with him.

 

 

 *Author’s Note*

Hello :D

Super short update, I know, but I just wanted to give you guys something. I haven’t had much time lately, and everything is just getting worse… Also, school started now the 18th in my city, and I REALLY hate it T_T

 Next chapter will be longer! I promise! I’ll do my best :D

Hope you at least enjoyed this short little thingy.

 And I hope you guys were satisfied with Ilhoon?? He won’t be much of an idiot from now on ~

 Oh! Before I forget! I need to inform everyone the news of this story coming to an end :C
 I’m not able to tell you how many chapters there will be left, but it’s soon time for me to end this.

 However! A sequel is a possibility!!!! Keep that in mind <3

 I look forward to reading your comments :D Subscribe and upvote if you feel like it ~