Meeting With The Mother

Found You, Saved You

 

 
I sat in Minhyuk's car, leaning my head against the window. The whole day had been so rough, and I was so exhausted. This morning, I tried to tell my father that I was going home with Minhyuk after school, but as soon as I mentioned Minhyuk's name, he totally freaked out and started screaming at me and hitting me, my stomach was hurting so bad now. Also, I felt sick after I had the panic attack, and these two pains blended together, were making me want to vomit. 
 
"If you were to speak the complete truth, how are you feeling right now?" Minhyuk suddenly asked. I was too tired to turn and look at him. To tell the truth, I was quite too tired to even speak. 
"I'm fine," I managed to say. I heard him sigh heavily, sounding frustrated. 
Suddenly, he parked on the side of the road. 
 
"Tell me what happened." I turned my gaze from the road to Minhyuk. "You keep holding your stomach, the way you walk is weird, you skipped class and even had a panic attack! Something is clearly wrong, and you are clearly not fine!" Something about the way he was talking startled me. He almost sounded angry.  
 
I didn't know what to answer. I hated to talk about what my father did to me, it was so hard. Even Doctor Choi had to question me until I told exactly where I was hurt and how much I was hurt, but telling him was easier than telling Minhyuk, as Doctor Choi thought I did this to myself, while Minhyuk knew the truth. 
 
"He beat you again, didn't he?" Minhyuk asked me, his voice a little softer than before. I hesitated, then gave him a quickly nod as my eyes filled with tears. He let out another sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. "See, this is one of the reasons I'm taking you home!"
 
I blinked at him a few times. I didn't understand anything. Was he not taking me home to meet his mother after all? 
"Minhyuk, I don't understand..." I said with a broken voice as I tried to hold back the tears that were burning in my eyes. Why did I have to be such a cry baby? I always cried, and I couldn't even try to hide it. 
 
"I'm not taking you home just to meet my mother. She really does want to meet you, though, but that's not the only reason," he said, looking directly into my eyes. I wanted to avoid them, but I simply just couldn't. "Sujung-ah, I don't want you to be home alone."
"I'm not usually alone when I'm home," I told him with a low voice. 
"I know, that's the problem." He sighed  again and looked out the window for a second. 
 
"From now on, I won't let you be alone anymore. I care for you, and I like you, I can't let anything harm you." I felt a tear fall down my cheek. He wasn't even going to leave me alone, because he was scared something might happen to me. 
 
We kept staring into each others eyes for a long while, only the sound of the radio could be heard. 
"Let's go home, okey? Everything will be fine," he said, braking the silence, and kissed the top of my head. Soon, he continued on the way to his house. 
 
 
"Eomma, I'm home," Minhyuk said with a loud voice as we entered the door, but there was no reply. "Eomma...?" 
"Why are you so late?!" An Ajumma suddenly appeared out from nowhere, startling me. 
"I got detention," he told her. He didn't look like he cared anything about it. 
"You must be Sujung!" she said excited and pulled me in for a hug. I gasped in surprise and out of the sudden pain that went through my stomach. 
 
I bit my lip to prevent any sounds to escape my lips. 
"Eomma! You're going to hurt her!" Minhyuk said in alarm. She let go of me and looked as if she was going to jump up and down on the floor of happiness. I couldn't prevent being envious of Minhyuk for having such a lovely mother. 
 
"I'm sorry, it's just so fun to finally meet you! I'm Lee Daehyun. Minhyuk has been talking of you nonstop for months." I looked over at Minhyuk who blushed slightly. "I'm making Dak Doritang, I hope your not a vegetarian."
"No, no. I like that," I said, forcing a smile. 
"You two go upstairs, and I'll tell you when dinner is finished," she said and shooed us up the stairs. 
 
 
I started to feel more sick by every minute, and I ended up laying down on his bed, holding a hand over my stomach. 
"Minhyuk, where is the restroom?" I asked him, looking up at the ceiling. 
"It's right down the hall. Come, I'll show you."
 
Minhyuk took my hand and showed me the way to the restroom. 
At once I had closed and locked the door, I bent down over the toilet bowl, emptying my stomach. The pain it caused me was unbearable. I felt like just falling down on the floor and die. 
 
After I was finished and had flushed the toilet, I looked at myself in the mirror above the sink. I looked so horrible. I looked exhausted. 
I threw cold water in my face to cool down a little. Why did I have to curse Minhyuk like this? I didn't want him to like me, and I did certainly not want to like him back. In the end, I would make him just as miserable as myself. 
 
I unlocked the door and walked back to Minhyuk's room... to find it empty. He wasn't there. I sat down on his bed and looked around. His bedroom was completely normal. The walls were painted in a white colour, and light blue curtains were hung up around the windows. It was a quite big room, but so was his house. Everything was placed neatly in the shelfs; books, magazines, music and so on.  
 
After a few moments, Minhyuk entered the room. 
"Here, take these since you feel bad," he said, and held a glass and some pills in front of me. I looked up at him, a little confused, and then looked back down. 
"I don't need it, I'm fine," I told him. 
"Stop lying to me." 
 
I had the feeling that he was very tired and irritated today, therefore I didn't want him to worry about me. Instead of worrying and taking care of me, he should use his last energy on his friends.  
 
"Please take it, I know you puked, and I'm sorry for not realising how bad you felt until now, please just take it. You'll feel much better, I promise." I hesitated a little, then swallowed the pills with the water. 
 
A tear ran down my cheek. I couldn't help it, I only felt like I was bothering Minhyuk, that I was making him frustrating by being so bothersome. I didn't want to drag him into the darkness with me. In order to stay happy, he had do live without me. I wished so badly that he would move on soon, and realise that I'm not the right person for him. 
 
Minhyuk sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around me. 
"Tell me what's bothering you, it will help if you talk about it," he told me, and kissed the top of my head. "You don't need to hide anything from me, I'll be here for you and protect you, always. Nothing will take me away from you." His words made my thoughts sting even more badly, and soon I was sobbing in Minhyuk's arms. 
 
 
"Minhyuk-ah, come downstairs," Minhyuk's mother suddenly called from down the stairs. 
"I'll be right back, don't do anything," he said and let go of me carefully. 
I was once again alone in his room, tears running down my cheeks. 
 
I tried to contain the tears, but somehow, I wanted them all to fall. I wanted to let out all my misery in the arms of the only person who cared for me. 
 
 
I could feel someone sit down beside me, and I was assuming it was Minhyuk who came back. However, I couldn't see anything, as my hands were covering my eyes. 
 
Once more, I could feel a pair of arms wrap themselves around my body. 
"Kitty, you don't need to cry... Everything will be okey," Minhyuk told me with his soft voice. I looked slowly up at him. Now, I was at least silent, I wasn't sobbing any more.
 
I looked into his eyes. They were so beautiful and sincere. I soon found myself lost in this persons eyes, but my tears didn't stop completely. 
"Eomma gave me some clothes for you, so you don't have to stay in you're uniform," he said, breaking the silence. 
 
I blinked a few times to come back to my senses, then sat up straight. Minhyuk took my hand and followed me to the bathroom, holding neatly folded clothes in his other hand. 
 
"Don't do anything in there by yourself, okey? I feel like I should go in with you, but you probably won't be comfortable with that..." I giggled of him shyly and dried away my tears. "Come back to my room when you're finished," he said and handed me the clothes. 
 
 
I carefully undressed myself and took up the clothes Minhyuk had handed me. They consisted of a pair of blue jean shorts, a simple white tank-top and a grey hoodie. It was actually quite similar to what I usually wore around my own house. Except for the shorts... I didn't really use shorts, as they would show off my legs, and too much skin would be open for my father to rip. 
 
I dressed myself with the new clothes, just as careful as I had taken off my school uniform. 
The clothes were fitting good, but the shorts were one size too large. My legs were really thin.
 
I folded my uniform and walked back into Minhyuk's room. 
As I entered the room, I put my uniform down on the floor, close to the wall. 
 
 
Minhyuk was laying down on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. I walked over to where he was, and sat down on his bed beside of him. I noticed he had already changed his clothes, wearing blue jeans and a black t-shirt. 
 
"Lay down beside me," Minhyuk said after closing his eyes. I hesitated, but eventually laid down beside of him. He wrapped his arm around me. 
I didn't know if I was supposed to feel uncomfortable or comfortable, but I felt really safe in his embrace. 
 
"Dinner is ready in a few minutes," Minhyuk said. I looked at him. His eyes were still closed. Looking at him, he was extremely handsome. His brown hair and he's beautiful facial features. His arm muscles were also great. I wondered if he might be hiding a few abs under that t-shirt...
 
"What are you thinking about?" Minhyuk suddenly asked. I blushed slightly and shook my head to tell him there was nothing important on my mind. He sat slightly up, leaning on his elbow, and looked down at me. "You're pretty..." he suddenly said dreamily. I blushed again and looked away from him. 
 
This was now the second time today where we were alone, and our bodies so close to each others. Our faces so close to each others... He could bend down in just a second and kiss me. I didn't want that right now, we weren't in a relationship, no matter how much I liked to imagine we were, we weren't. But the idea of his lips against mine, it made me want it so bad. 
 
"Kids, dinner's ready!" Minhyuk's mother called, saving me from this awkward situation. He sighed and sat up, I followed and sat up as well, waiting for him to say something.
 
"Let's go and eat," he said, giving me a soft smile before helping me up from the bed. 
 
 
The first five minutes if the dinner was surprisingly silent. Minhyuk and his mother seemed to be very focused upon their food. I myself hadn't eaten more than two spoons of food yet, I wasn't used to eat food like this, my stomach couldn't take much of it. Usually, I didn't even eat every day. 
 
"Are you not hungry?" I looked up from my food, to meet Daehyun's worried eyes. I made an embarrassed smile and looked down at my food again, to avoid her eyes. 
"I... I'm just not used to eat food like this... I'm really sorry..."
 
Minhyuk took my left hand in his right, and I looked up at him. 
"It's okey, Kitty. Just eat up, you'll feel good when your finished," he told me. I smiled shyly and nodded my head, then slowly showed another peace of food inside my mouth. 
 
"So, how is your relationship going?" Daehyun asked, making me choke on my food. Minhyuk patted my back ad waited for me to stop choking. 
"He told you we were in a relationship?" I gasped, and looked from Minhyuk to Daehyun. 
 
"Well, he didn't really say you were, but the way he talks about you made me think you might be together," she explained. I looked back up at Minhyuk, his face was completely red. "You even called her 'Kitty'! Of course I would think that you were together!" she defended herself. 
 
Minhyuk's head crashed onto the table in embarrassment, and I couldn't help but to giggle of him. 
"Eommaaaa!!" he whined, and hid himself with his hands. He was acting so childish. 
 
"At least tell me when you finally get together!" she said and picked up her chopsticks. "Get your head off the table and eat up, Squirrel Boy!"
 
 
The rest of the dinner wasn't as quiet as the first few minutes, it was lively and I got to know the both of them a little better. I even ate up all my food, it tasted so delicious!
 
After dinner, I was forced to sit down in the couch, I wasn't allowed to help clean after my own dish at all. 
 
 
When about ten minutes had passed, Minhyuk sat down on the couch beside of me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I couldn't really understand how he still managed to touch me nearby his mother, even after that awkward conversation by the dining table. 
 
"Yah, Minhyuk-ah," Daehyun started, as she sat down in the couch opposite to the one we were sitting in, "go work out at the gym now."
"What? Why? I don't wanna go, and I just ate!" Minhyuk whined in response. 
"You haven't been much at the gym lately, and I'm going to talk with your future girlfriend alone for a while," Daehyun said and shooed him up from the couch, then up the stairs to his room. 
 
"I'll be back in 45 minutes," Minhyuk said and kissed the top of my head before leaving. 
"Yeah right, you're not a couple..." Daehyun said with a low voice to herself. 
 
She sat back down in the couch she was sitting in before. 
"Minhyuk told me you're having some trouble at home." My head snapped up and something inside me panicked. He really told someone about what my father did to me?! 
 
"Don't worry, I won't be telling anyone. Minhyuk told me because he was scared and he want's to help you," she said with a comfortable smile. "You can talk to me about it, I used to work with situations like these before."
 
After some hesitating, I started to talk. I told her about what my father did to me and that every time he was angry, he would hurt me to relieve stress. I told her how he would lock me up in the cellar for two days at the most, with no food nor water. I told her about things that I never had told anyone before, crying helplessly as I did so. 
 
But there was one thing I didn't say. I didn't tell her what happened when I lived in Wando, and I didn't say how my mother died. Luckily, she didn't ask, so I wouldn't have to tell her anything about that. 
 
 
After about 50 minutes, Minhyuk came back home, his hair dripping wet from what I assumed would be a shower after the workout session. 
 
He sat down on couch beside me, just as before he left. 
"Omo! Eomma, why did you make her cry?!" Minhyuk gasped, like an Ajumma. He wiped away my tears, and I gave him a weak smile. "I've been working on my abs lately, you wanna see?"
 
I hid my face in my hands in embarrassment. Seriously... What was wrong with this guy sometimes?
"Yah! Do you not have any pride?!" Daehyun screamed and hit his head hard, making him pout and fall down in the couch. 
 
"But seriously, though! I really have a strong six pack, just look at this," he said and started to lift up his shirt. I quickly pulled his hands down, so I wouldn't witness Minhyuk flash his Chocolate Abs in front of me. If there were any...  a part of me actually really wanted to know. 
 
"Okey, I get it. Sorry," he said, sounding a little annoyed. 
He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and brought me closer to him. I stiffened a little at first, but then relaxed against his firm and warm body. 
 
While hearing Minhyuk and his mother talk, my eyes slowly started to close. I was so tired, the whole day had been exhausting. I soon found myself drifting into dreamland with no worries, being in Minhyuk's warm and comforting arms. 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------
*Author's Note"
 
 
Hello!!!! Author-Nim back again~~~~
 
I'm really sorry for letting you guys wait!!!!!! I feel really bad about it. But now I'm back with another song, just like our beloved BTOB are back with their new album!!! Did all of you check it out well? I at least did, and It's sooo good!
 
Anyways, back to the story...
In this chapter, I introduced you to Minhyuk's mother, Lee Daehyun. I just want to make it clear, that I have no idea what Minhyuk's real mothers name is, I only know that I saw her for a few seconds on BTOB Diary and that she's alive. 
So to all of you who will be confused of her name being the same as Daehyun from BAP's name, I will say that I wasn't thinking of him when I gave her this name, I only knew Daehyun was used for both genders and that it was a nice name to put with Lee, so she isn't a secret BAP member ><
 
For me to update more often and to write more regularly, please comment!!! I don't care if it's only one person commenting on my whole story, as long as someone comments. I know my chapters are long, my teacher is even complaining to me because I only write long stories. I' sorry, I can't write short stories :|
 
Please look forward to the next chapter~ Sujung fell asleep at Minhyuk's place, didn't she? Let's see how that works out~~
 
and remember to Subscribe, Upvote and Comment~