It's You

The Undercover Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's You

Choi Hyuk man took stock of his life so far and he knew he came out wanting. Of course, when it came to money and power, he has it all but as a man; he was usually at the losing end because of his past actions. No amount of regret and self-blame will ever be enough to heal what had been torn. Especially if the person he needed to ask forgiveness from and make amends was no longer among the living.

In the end, he was determined at least to make sure that the future will always be brighter. He tried his best to make sure that his sons did not follow his path of self-destruction and so far he was proud of their achievements. He wanted them to know that though money was not a problem but there were responsibilities and accountability for each action or decision taken and made. Hyuk Man never wanted his sons to go through what he had gone through because physical pain was easy to remedy but heartbreak stays forever.

From the reports he had been receiving from his secretary, Siwon was handling the company like the first born he was, the perfect future president. While his youngest, Minho, though a bit reluctant at first, was doing well too. It seemed his money making blood run in them as well. He was lucky that though the both of them have tonnes of money at their disposal but they were far from being like him in the past. Money and women were his vices when he was young and they had caused a lot of heartaches and devastation in his family. His stupid ways ruined the lives of people around him and much regretted was the life of his beloved wife and baby.

It had been a long while he kept the past away and believed that he overcame whatever dark shadows that used to keep him awake at nights when suddenly the presence of the young woman whose looks was uncannily resembled his late wife, shocked him through the core. He was so afraid that he could have died before being able to find about the girl that he decided to follow his doctor’s advice on taking a long break from work. Never did Choi Hyuk Man follow the strict regime of medication and check-ups set by his doctor to the dot like he did now. He so wanted to see the girl again and privately asked his secretary to gather information about Miss Choi Sulli and her family. As it turned out, his suspicion was proven to be half true. She was his niece, not his daughter and her mother was still alive.

After getting the green light from his doctor, he quickly made arrangements to go to Jeju and meet them. He needed to at least try and atone for his wrongdoings through Mrs. Choi. He was told his Jinri was cared by her till she passed away. There was no need for them to know his coming to see them because he was afraid they will runaway again.

Choi Hyuk Man closed his eyes, listening to the hum of the plane’s engine and let himself relax in preparation. He usually was able to predict the outcome of any business discussion but this time he was unsure. He was treading on uncharted waters.

 

 

“Baby, I need for you to follow what we have discussed, okay?” Minho said trying to get Sulli’s attention.

The latter was starting to panic when he broke the news regarding the impending arrival of the President at her mother’s place.

“Oppa, are you sure everything is going to be alright? I’m so afraid, oppa” she said wringing her hands showing her agitation.

“Come here” he beckoned her.

When she hesitated, Minho went to her and enveloped her in his embrace.

“I can’t say that I’m not apprehensive over their meeting, but it is inevitable sooner or later. Whatever is going to happen Ssul, remember that we have each other and we love each other” he said kissing the top of her head lightly and tightened his hold.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter