oo7

New Girl In Town

 

you rolled in your bed back and fourth in your bed not being able to fall asleep. It was 1 am in the morning and you were starving. You got up lazily and opened up your drawer and pulled out a cup of ramen. You were too tired to cook anything decent. When the water finished boiling, you poured it inside the cup of noodles and brought it outside. There was a small bench on your complex so you sat down and waited patiently for your noodles. 

"can't sleep either?" your head turned to the familiar voice. Sehun was behind you and you jumped in surprise spilling some hot water on your finger. He laughed and walked inside his apartment and came outside with an ointment. He crouched down besides you and blew on your finger to cool it down. Blush crept up to your cheeks from the sudden skin contact as he smeared the ointment on your fingers.

"I got burnt earlier yesterday" He said.

"how?" His face was crimson red as he thanked the Lord that it was night time.

"I spilled.. soup on my finger."

"Oh, did you trip or something?" His face reddened even more.

"You can say that." You were confused but didn't think much about it.

"Thanks. You're like my angel or something" you mentally cursed yourself for saying such a cheesy line. Sehun smirked and sat besides you on the bench.

"Was that a pickup line?" A tone of mockery was heard in his voice. You blushed even more.

"Ani! It's just.. err you're always helping me when I get injured" You stammered. He chuckled and pointed to your food.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"Huh? Oh yeah" You said and ate your noodles nervously. It was hard to eat when a hot guy was sitting next to you. You had some soup base on the corner of your lips as Sehun swiped his thumb over the stain swiflty.

"There. All pretty again." You nearly choked on your noodles and you were certain your red face was visible even though it was dark. He laughed and ruffled your hair.

"You're cute? You know that?" You ignored what he said and continued eating. Sehun pouted and took the cup away from you and slurped the rest of your noodles quickly. He swallowed the remaining soup and let out a burp, something you've never expected Sehun to do in front of you. He wiped his lips with the back of his hand and handed you back the empty cup.

"Thanks I was hungry. I'm going to sleep now." Your jaw dropped at his retreating figure and scowled at his manners. Your stomach grumbled as you slumped back into your apartment with an empty stomach. That was your last packet of noodles.

--

The next day you skipped happily to your class and sat down in your assigned seat. You had only missed one day of school and you were dying to get back. 

"Wipe that stupid grin off your face" Kai said a smile forming on his lips. You pouted and rested your head on your arm on your desk.

"Someone's having a bad day" you grimaced. Kai whacked your arm causing it to lose balance and your face greeted the cold hard desk. You looked up at Kai with wide angry eyes as he scooted back away from you. 

"I'm sorr-" 

You kicked him off his chair and returned back to your daydreaming. Talking to Sehun yesterday definitely made you happy. You pulled out your journal and wrote down Sehuns name and scribbled down hearts next to it. Kai regained his composure and snatched your book away from you, loudly spelling out every syllable.

"S e h u n" He looked up at your flushed face. "What the hell?! Why is his name scribbled with hearts around it?" His eyebrows furrowed as he erased the drawing and wrote something else. He closed the journal and gave it back to you. You didn't bother to check what was on there since you were embarrassed and the teacher had came into the classroom. The whole lecture was boring, and just your luck, you had a test assigned on the day you and Kai were missing. Both of you were sent outside of the classroom and sat down in the middle of the hallway.*this is easy* you thought and bubbled in all the answers. Kai peered over at your sheet as you hid it behind him.

"Are you cheating?!" You hissed. He shook his head innocently. "I'll help you" you said and snatched his paper. You bubbled in the answers for him and put on a poker face when you handed it back to him. You had guessed on his test since you figured he would've gotten an F anyway. You shoved his test paper against his chest and got up dusting the ends of your skirt. You walked back inside the classroom to continue listening to the lecture once you handed the test to the teacher.

You now had math with Chanyeol and since you guys had free time 30 minutes at the end of class, the two of you worked on homework.

"Hey Minji what'd you get on number five?" You had already finished all 10 problems and threw your journal at him as he caught it with two hands.

"Just copy down my answers" He was grinning creepily again and opened the book up happily.

"Thanks!" He chirped and flipped through the pages. "Oh.."

"What?"

"Why did you write down 'I love Kai oppa' next to a couple of hearts?" You snatched the journal from him and you clenched your fists once you saw it.

"Kai wrote that! What an idiot!" You hissed and gave him back the notebook.

"Sure~" Chanyeol sang.

"Shut up! Want the answers or not?" He pouted cutely.

"Sorry Minji"

-

Before you could go to the library or try to make new friends, you were dragged by Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and DO. When you finally arrived at their table, you shook them off your grip violently.

"Sheesh. I can walk myself" you mumbled and sat down next to Suho who rubbed your back soothingly.

"Guys be nice to her!" Suho frowned as he scolded the three who slumped in their seats. Kai sauntered over to the table and slammed his test score in front of you.

"What the hell? I got a C?" He scoffed. 

"I'm a better guesser than I thought" You answered nonchalantly and bit into your sandwich.

"What'd you get?" He asked.

"An A+" You said holding in your laugh. You couldn't keep it in for long since Kai's expression was priceless. You wiped a tear that escaped from my eye and looked up at him.

"Be thankful you got that score since you would've gotten an F anyways"

"True" DO chimed in. Kai shot him a look. :What? That's a good test score for you" Baekhyun held in a laugh as he secretly high fived you under the table.

" I saw that" Kai hissed and sat down across from you. 

"Incoming" Baekhyun nudged Kai. He mumbled incoherent words before faking a smile to a girl that came to the table. 

"Hey Kai" the girl said batting her eyelashes. Kai smiled uneasily at her and looked at his wrist, acting as if he was looking at the time.

"Oh, look. I gotta go.. er to study!" He said.

"You don't have a watch on and since when did you study?" you said as he glared at you. The girl cocked her head towards you.

"Oh, oppa who's this?"

"Lee Minji" you said. She was the one of the annoying queekas Eunji warned you about. "And who are you?" She scoffed and looked at her nails.

"Please. Don't act like you don't know."

"Are you the daughter of the president? A heiress of a well known company? Are you an idol? No I didn't think so, excuse me if I don't know who you are." The guys ooh'ed as the girls face reddened. As if she didn't have enough blush on already.

"I'm Kai's girlfriend" She said through clenched teeth.

"Hmm.. funny. I didn't know Kai was famous either" you mused. The bell rang, saving the poor girl from embarrassment. you waved goodbye to the boys and was about to walk away when someone grabbed your wrist.

"You looked cool back there" Sehun whispered, his lips dangerously close to your ears. your face was crimson red as you hid it with your hair. *whats wrong with me?*