oo10

New Girl In Town

The bus stopped abrubtly as you lost your balance. 

"Whoa there" You felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist. "Are you okay?" You looked up to your savior, and of course it was Sehun.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks." You smiled as the two of you got off. You both walked in silence. 

"Minji?"

"Hmm?" 

"Sorry if this is personal but.. why were you crying when you came out of the bathroom?" You heaved a sigh. You weren't so sure why you were sad. Was it because you like Kai? No.. it couldn't be. Sehun could tell by your confused face you weren't so sure either. "nevermind. you don't have to answer." He smiled and walked you to your door. "I'll be leaving now."

"Wait" you called out and grabbed his arm. "Would you like to come in and have a drink?" Sehuns lips twitched into a smile as he tried to fight the urge

"Sure." 

You walked to the living room with two cups of tea in your hands. You placed one by Sehuns and you sipped on the other one. 

"Are you like this with all of your neighbors?" Sehun asked sipping on the tea and accidentally burned his tongue. "Oh shoot that's hot!" he exclaimed. You chuckled as your eyes formed into crescent moons and rubbed his back soothingly.

"Of course it is, there's steam coming out of it!" You pointed out causing Sehuns ears to turn red. "and to answer your question, yes. It would be nice if you were friendly as well. You jabbed his waist causing the boy to shift to the side. "Ticklish, aren't you?" You said and continued tickling him. He flipped you over and attacked your sides causing both of you to roll of the couch and onto the floor. Sehun stopped and looked at you with an unreadable expression. His faced move closer to yours as you closed your eyes out of instinct. You waited for him to kiss you, but instead you heard him laughing. You opened your eyes to see Sehun laughing on top of you.

"Oh my gosh. You thought I was going to kiss you." Your face turned red as you pushed him aside and sat up making an 'x' formation with your two hands. 

"No, it's not that!" You lied and bit your lip shly. "It's just.. ah nevermind why would I have to explain it to you?" You ran your fingers through your hair.Sehun noticed your serious expresiion.

"I'm kidding, really. And thanks for inviting me over but it's getting late." He said getting up and offering you his hand. You stared at it for a while and grabbed it. *so big and soft* you thought blusing over the skinship. You walked him over to the door with his hand still in yours as you waved goodbye to him. 

"Kai?" Sehun asked. Your eyebrows scrunched up into confusion as you peeked outside and saw kai in front of your place.

"Oh.. Uh.. what are you doing here Sehun?" Sehun looked at you and returned his gaze back to Kai.

"Nothing. We were just talking. Goodnight hyung." He said rather coldly and went back to his apartment. You were alone with Kai now as you rocked back and fourth on your heels waiting for the awkwardness to subside.

"So what are you do-"

"I just wanted to sa-" The both of you blushed after talking at the same time.

"You first." Kai smiled.

"So what are you doing here?" You finished your sentence. Kai scratched his neck sheepishly and looked at you.

"Honestly. I'm not so sure. But I just wanted to say that me and Tiffany weren't doing anything." You rolled your eyes.

"Okay..sure" 

"Well.. we kinda did, but we didn't you know have se-"

"I know Kai." You sighed and wrapped your arms around yourself. Kai noticed you were cold and took off his uniform blazer. 

"How rude am I to leave a pretty girl out here cold." Kai chuckled and wrapped his jacket around you. You thanked him and told him it was unnessary but he refused to take it back. The two of you ended up sitting on the cold bench as he took his hand in yours and warmed them. 

"I don't know why I had to explain myself." Kai chuckled. "But I guess I just felt like telling you." You just nodded, not knowing what to say.

"So.. friends again?" He extended his arm towards you. You stared at it and reluctantly held onto it. *Sehuns hands were a lot warmer.* you thought.

"We weren't even friends in the first place.. but okay" You said hesitantly. Kai thanked you a million times before giving you a tight hug. Your face heated up. *why am I reacting this way?* you thought. Kai finally let go, and you had to admit, you were kind of disappointed. 

"It's late." He finally said looking at you. "we should head back." You agreed and handed him his blazer back. Before you went inside your house, Kai pulled you back and planted a quick, chaste kiss on your forehead.

"goodnight Minji" Your eyes widened as Kai chuckled.

"What? Are you not going to say goodnight to me? Maybe if I kissed you again you will." Kai winked. You blushed even more.

"Goodnight Kai" You said and stumbled inside your apartment. Could it be.. you fell for Kai's trap? 

Kai watched you walk in and smirked. 

"es are so easy these days."  But for some reason, his heart skipped a beat.

Sehun shook his head in disappointment as he secretly watched the two of you guys from his window. Truth be told, he knew what Kai was doing. He always pulled these types of stunts. Pretend to act nice, ask her out on a date, and breaking her heart after that. He sighed and went back to bed. He usually let his hyung do whatever he wanted, but playing with your heart, he couldn't watch. He decided that he wasn't going to stand by and watch you get hurt by Kai's little games. 

"Be strong, Minji" he whispered and closed his eyes.

--

The next day you woke up with a smile plastered on your face as you skipped happily to the kitchen. You poured some cereal and milk into a bowl and ate happily as you sat down and watched the news. It appears that a man around your neighborhood was on the loose and is suspected for murderer.He was a thief that stole from anyone he saw, and it was suggested that everyone should not be alone at night. You finished eating and placed your bowl in the sink, too tired to wash it. You slipped on your shoes and slung your backpack over your shoulders and skipped outside. Kai was sitting on the bench playing with his phone. He heard your footsteps and looked up. He flashed you a lopsided grin that made your heart raced as he stood up and extended an arm towards you.

"I'm not going to hold hands with you" You said blushing. He chuckled and towered over you with his height.

"Pabo. I was holding my hand out for your phone." You looked up confusingly and handed it to him.

"Wae? It's really old." You said as he typed something on it. His phone rang moments later as he hung up and handed you back your phone, grinning.

"You have my phone number, and I have yours. Call me whenever." You rolled your eyes. You had to admit, it was a very cunning move, but you played hard to get.

"No, you call me whenever." You winked. Kai looked at you shock and followed behind you.

"Wah. Minji when were you this smooth?" You shrugged your shoulders and continued walking. Your expression brightened when you saw Sehun walking ahead and ditched Kai.

"Hunnie!" You called out and chased after him. Kai frowned as he witnessed your bubbly personality around Sehun. *I have to get her to fall for me* he thought. 

"Get off of me Minji!" Sehun said. However; his expression said otherwise.

"Wae. Wae? Are you shy cause I'm this close to you?" You said and inched your face towards him. He flinched and moved his head back causing you to laugh and poke his cheek. "Aigoo, Sehun you're so cute when you're shy." You joked causing his ears to redden. You had forgotten all about Kai until he caught up to you guys and cleared his throat. 

"Did you forget about me?" He winked. You nodded and continued talking to Sehun. Kai got jealous and pulled your backpack causing you to stumble backwards. He wrapped his arms around your waist causing you to blush furiously. 

"Didn't you say you had to do something, Sehun?" Kai said through clenched teeth. As much as Sehun wanted to walk with you guys, he actually had an errand to do.

"Yeah. I'll see you guys later." He shot Kai a menacing glare before heading the opposite direction. You hid your blushing face with your hair as you walked with your head down, hoping Kai wouldn't notice. Kai himself was also shocked at his actions. The two of you arrived at school and sat down next to each other when class started. Unlike Kai, you paid attention and wrote careful notes down while the teacher was talking. The only note Kai had written down was to tell you to meet him at the park around 7.

"Why? Can't we just meet at the rooftop?" You asked. Kai shook his head, positive that if he were to "confess" to you, Sehun would intervene, ing the confession. You agreed anyways, although it wasn't safe for you to be out late at night. 

--

Sehun and Kai were nowhere to be found at lunch. You sighed and stabbed your fork violently in your plate of salad and chewed angrily. Where were the two? At lunch, Suho had kept you company until both of them came back, with annoyed and angry expressions on their faces. They looked like they had gotten into a fight. 

Flashback

"Sehun, why do you want to meet me here?" Kai asked. "come on, I got a hot appointment with this busty chick in five minutes." Sehun rolled his eyes and looked at Kai.

"I know what you're doing?" Kai let out a laugh and smirked.

"You're going to have to be more specific." 

"You're pretending to like Minji and dump her like those other s you play around with."

"So? You've never stopped me before, why now? She's just like those other I fool around with." Sehun's fists tightened as he grabbed Kai by the collar. 

"" He hissed. Kai smirked and pushed Sehun off of him. 

"Is that a way to talk to your hyung?"

Flashback ended

Kai had avoided Sehuns glare throughout the whole lunch period. The boys noticed their dark aura and talked amongst themselves. You joined in on some conversations but you couldn't help but be distracted by the two boys. Was everything okay?

"Earth to Minji?" Baekhyun waved his hands in front of your face. You snapped out of your trance and looked at him.

"hmm?"

"Why were you staring at Sehun for so long? Are you perhaps.. in love with him?" Sehuns eyes darted to you as you mentally cursed at Baekhyun and shook your head.

"A-ni" You stuttered. Your face was bright red.

"Omo! She's stuttering and blushing!" Chanyeol pointed out, clapping his hands eagerly. Suho shot them a deathly stare, which was an awkward grin since he was too nice to do so.

Kai scoffed and stood up. "I'm leaving." You frowned and watched Kai leave until he was no longer in the cafeteria. You sighed and threw away your food.

-

You decided to stay after and study until 6:30 so you can just stop by the park on the way home. As you were walking in the dark, you shuddered remembering the news you saw this morning. *you're almost there! fighting!* You encouraged yourself. To avoid the dark alleyway, you turned to your right and walked around it, causing you to be 5 minutes late. Kai was nowhere in sight as you stood there, playing with the hem of your blazer. You saw a dark figure walk towards you.

"Finally Kai! Sheesh what took you so long?" The figure walked closer to you as his hat covered his face. He laughed dryly and took off his hat. Your eyes widened at the unknown person in front of you.

"I'm not Kai." He smirked. Your hands started to shake as you recalled the picture of the man this morning. Funny thing was, he looked just like the missing person.