oo16

New Girl In Town

a/n: I'm going to try and write in first person POV for this chapter ;)


Sehun's POV:

It's been three days since I've confessed to Minji. She was shocked but happy at the same time. I told her to get ready today because I was going to take her out on a date. Kai and I were back to the beginning. We were strangers again. I slipped on my black shoes and headed over to Kai's place, determined to change things around. When I opened the door, he was sitting on the couch, motionless. 

"Hey" I kicked his lower leg to get his attention. He looked up, shocked. "How are you?"

"I thought you hated me." He murmured. I chuckled and sat down next to him.

"Why would I? The least I could do is thank you." Before he could say anything, I interrupted him. "I know you more than you know yourself." His eyes widened. "You're a good person, Kai. Thanks for giving me a chance." He smiled and hugged me tightly.

"See thats what I was thinking!" I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Yah, you're older than me. Stop it." His grip tightened as he tackled me on the floor.

"Never." He smirked. I figured that Kai had realized I had developed feelings for Minji, and to make things less awkward, he pretended he was over her by 'cheating' on her. 

"Do you still like her?" I found myself asking. He let go of me and sat up.

"Kind of. I mean I think about her all the time and regretted how I dumped her, but I'll eventually find the one. Besides, I knew you two were the perfect match." I ruffled his hair and kissed his cheek.

"What the hell!? I wasn't confessing to you, idiot." He punched my shoulder. 

"I know. I'm just grateful to have a friend like you. I'm leaving." 

"Date?" Kai asked, smiling genuinely. I nodded.

"How did you know?" 

"These walls are pretty thin." He knocked on it to prove a point. "I also heard you two making out." 

"We we we're just k-issing." I stuttered, my ears were getting red. 

"Whatever." Kai scoffed. 

"I'm leaving!" I waved my hand at him. I didn't have to turn around to realize that Kai was rolling his eyes.

--

I stood outside Minji's door with a fresh bouquet of roses in my hand. 

"Coming!" I could hear her footsteps as she opened the door. She wore a tight cream dress that hugged her curves and paired it with some heels. Her hair was softly curled and she wore light makeup.

"Take a picture. It lasts longer." I could hear her tone of cockiness ooze in her voice as she spoke. I rolled my eyes and handed her the roses, which she beamed and thanked me. 

"You look beautiful by the way." I said scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "I mean.. you always look beautiful but you just look absolutely stunning today." I spoke quickly.

"Slow down there, buddy." She laughed. "Thanks by the way." I cleared my throat and held out my hand. She laced her fingers with mine and we walked to my motorcycle. 

"When did you get this?" She asked tapping the vehicle lightly. 

"It's Baekhyun's." I said. I handed her a helmet and told her to hop on. I grabbed the handlebars and was about to drive until I felt her arms wrapped around my waist. My face heated up as I tried to ignore the butterflies in my stomach and drove off. Her grip tightened and she even rested her head on my shoulders. My palms started getting sweaty and mentally cursed myself for being so inexperienced. 

"We're here." I managed to say. Minji let go of my waist and got off. I decided to take her to the movies since first dates were always awkward. Well, at least that's what I've heard. 

"let's go." I grabbed her by the wrist as she slid it upwards and laced her fingers with mine. I blushed and hid my face. 

It was one of those movie theaters with couple seats. I sat on the farthest right of the cushion until Minji tugged on my arm and told me to scoot closer. I inched towards her a bit as she forcefully yanked me right next to her. She leaned her head on my shoulders and continued watching the movie. I could tell how bored she was after she yawned for the umpteenth time. I cursed myself mentally for picking such a stupid movie. I tapped her lightly. 'we're leaving.' I whispered. She nodded happily and we both made our way to the 'exit'. Since the movie theater was inside an outdoor mall, we decided to take a stroll. 

"Aren't you going to go inside any store?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I'm done with clothes. Kris oppa bought me a lot."

"Is he your ex?"

"Yeah." She said pursing her lips.  "Kidding. He's my cousin." I sighed in relief. 

"Why are you so stiff?" She asked with a smile on her face. *Because I'm nervous*

"This is how I usually am." I replied nonchalantly.

"You know you're weren't like this before."

"Really?" 

"Mhm. I thought you were cold at first but you're just very shy. It's cute." She added. Before I could say anything else, she grabbed my face lightly and placed a soft kiss on my lips. Before she could pull away I grabbed her by the waist and nibbled on her bottom lips. She opened as I slipped my tongue in and explored her wet cavern. I pulled away and cupped her face.

"How's that for being shy?"