The Baby on Earth

3.6.5

Dedicated to @blingblingstan, my first commenter, and to @EXOstar12, my first sub in this fic. ^O^


Journey 1

"Mei, what's the exact distance of Exo from Earth?" King Iyo asked Mei, his son's guardian. He was a 47-year old man in Exo's timeline (almost 100 + in Earth's) with a goatee beard that curled upwards. He was the 2nd king of Planet Exo, next to his father, the late King Jeom.

"3,457,233,007.9904 miles, Your Highness." Mei answered. She was a woman close to her early forties with an adorable, orb-like eyes and porcelain skin. She was known in Exo as the most intelligent woman among the Exotics.

King Iyo nodded and looked beside him. Queen Yal was hugging her son like she doesn't want to let go of him. But King Iyo's decision was law, and she has to abide on that law.

"We don't need to transport Yeol on Earth my king..." she pleaded. "We can protect him here."

"You know better than what you said, my queen." King Iyo responded morosely. He opened his arms wide and Queen Yal placed Prince Yeol on his father's arms. King Iyo smiled affectionately to his son and thought how Prince Yeol, who just less than a year old, has to be exposed in this harsh world they were living in.

"I am sorry if I will not be able to watch you grow. But we will always be with you, son." King Iyo whispered. "The Cyan Ball will explain everything at the right time. When that time comes, come back to us."

King Iyo leaned and kissed his son on his forehead. Then Queen Yal brushed his cheeks with the back of her hand. 

"We love you son." they chorused.

Hesitantly, the majesties gave Prince Yeol to Mei. She bowed low at them.

"I will take care of Prince Yeol with all my heart King Iyo, Queen Yal." she vowed.

King Iyo nodded. He stretched his arms wide and took a deep breath. He hold his breath for 10 seconds and closed his eyes.

 

Then he released his breath and opened his eyes again. Mei and Prince Yeol were gone.

 * * *

Mei fell on her knees and choked immediately as soon as they set foot on Earth. The sudden change of atmosphere made her gagged, her lungs consticted painfully and her knees grew weak.

Oh no....

She clutched her long hair and stared flabbergasted. Her black, shiny hair was now turning into a wispy, gray hair. She watched, horrified, as her skin wrinkled slowly. Prince Yeol, who was just 6 months on Exo, weighed heavier and she guessed that he was now closely at 1 year old.

How old is she now?

She quickly inspected her flabby stomach, her skin stretches from her flesh, and numerous wrinkles on her face. She guessed that she was around 60 years old in Earth.

Mei straightened up. Forgetting that she was a 60-year old woman now, she stood up like she was still in her forties. There was a resounding crack as loud as a gunshot on her hipbone and she winced painfully.

"O-ow. My baack!" she whined. Mei leaned on the wall with Prince Yeol on her right arm and rubbed her back soothingly. That was so careless of her.

She looked around her surrounding. It seems that King Iyo transported them in a deserted dumpsite. There was a large sign in front of it with letters she was sure as Hangul. "Beware of dogs", the sign read. 

Dogs were extremely friendly, loyal and sometimes cuddly animals. She would love to see a zu, poodle or a chow-chow in real life if given a chance.There were no dogs in Exo but when she conducted her research on Earth years ago, she fell in love with the animals instantly. However, she found out that these creatures can be both a friend and a threat to people depending on their purpose too. If the sign says people should beware of dogs, then there's one possible explanation for it.

The first dog she'll meet will eat her alive.

Clutching Prince Yeol more tightly in her arms, she walked as fast as she could towards the large, barbed gates of the dumpsite. She felt gleaming eyes around her and it made her grew nervous. Almost running now, she stretched her arms on the gates and almost reach it but -

"ARF!! ARF!! ARF!!" three large bulldogs leapt in front of her, blocking their way. Their dark, hungry eyes haunted Mei's as though she was their prey. There was a low growl as their mouth curled upwards, revealing their yellowish, sharp teeth. Mei gulped.

"G-goood doggie doggie..." she croaked.

Her voice seemed to anger the dogs more. They advanced on her stealthily, never leaving Mei's eyes.

*I curse the day I'm not born with powers* she said to herself.

In planet Exo, there were only two known people who obtained powers: the late King Jeom and his son, King Iyo. No one knows if Prince Yeol adpated powers too, because he never did anything but eat and sleep.

Speaking of Prince Yeol, it amazed Mei how this baby never stirred from the time they landed on Earth, to her hipbone crack, and up until the dog dilemma. He was still sleeping soundly in her arms.

Mei took several steps backward while the dogs stepped forward. She can hear Prince Yeol's deep breathing... his inhale, his exhale... Inhale, exhale...

Then, as quick as she can, Mei turned the other way around and ran.

There was another crack from her hipbone but she ignored the pain. She continued to run despite the limp, with the dogs behind her heels. Never... never in her whole life had she ran this fast like her life depended on it.

"Stop! Stop you monsters!!" she screeched. She tripped from a stray can and rolled over. The dogs were still running after her, their salivas flowing from their angry mouths. This is it. This is the end for the intelligent Mei and the sleeping Prince Yeol.

One of the dogs reached them first. Without hesitation, it leapt over them, ready to sink its teeth on Mei's shoulder.

"AAAHHHH!!!!" she screamed, throwing her arm protectively.

And as if on cue, Prince Yeol opened his eyes. 

Mei cowered in fright, her left arm still hanging protectively in a very futile attempt. She was expecting the dog's sharp teeth sink on her arm any minute now but none came. When she opened her eyes, fell.

The dumpsite was still and quiet, as if no dogs ever existed. She looked down the baby she was holding. It was staring at her with great interest.

"You truly are the son of King Iyo, my prince." she said.