Chapter forty-eight - Afterlife

The Special Class
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence haunted the destroyed laboratory as Jaekyung slowly made her way towards the corpse.

 

Sooja looked away in both pity and anger, it had been cruel enough to kill, let alone twist the body into such an inhuman shape. Not saying the other bodies weren't twisted, they definitely were, however somehow the female special's dad looked more gruesome. His bones were protruding, the smell of blood and rotting meat were stronger than ever, a disturbing smile plastered on the decreased face as he held on tightly to the potion.

 

Sehun and Luhan were both stuck on what to do and simply watched the girl take the bottle of potion from her supposed Father.

 

Her hands trembled as she passed the potion to Sooja, not turning back with her eyes still glued to the body.

 

 

"Jaekyung?" Sehun hoped for a response, anything was better than her staying mute.

It was silent for a while.

"Hm?" Jaekyung replied still unmoved from her position, only her side profile could be seen.

No tears, no expression.

A tad scary for someone like the current filia, she was a lady who would burst if her loved ones were hurt, but she was calm.

 

Sehun tread towards the girl and enveloped her in a hug, the grave tension that was in the air soon disappeared when the girl slowly started sniffing, then crying in the embrace of the special.

 

Luhan did a little prayer before fetching a nearby cloth and covered the corpse, being the fair man he was, he did so for every corpse in the vicinity too. Never had there been once the Princess cried so hard, everytime she encountered a revelation she would be shocked and sometimes tear up a bit but never had she ever cried so hard.

Her tears only rained for the upmost despair.

 

 

Daddy was gone.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

"God where the are they coming from!" Xiumin growled freezing yet another elf and smashed it to pieces.

The 11 Guardians were exhausted, they kept killing the creatures that seemed to have evolved into a poisonous being for a couple of hours now, coming like no end. Fighting both physically and mentally, squeezing the remains of their facultus dry.

 

Even magic has a limit.

 

"EXO RETREAT!" Kris shouted while hovering above, his hair was still perfect along with his features. He looked perfectly fine except he wasn't, he was just as drained as the rest and fighting anymore would lead to their death.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter