KaiSoo One Shot

Best Friends's Fantasy

       Kai gritted his teeth as he continued to watch Chanyeol flirt with Kyungsoo. How he just wanted to punch that freakishly tall . Kai quickly glanced at his watch, hoping that his teacher would hurry the hell up so everyone could go back to their respective seats, specifically Chanyeol who sat four rows behind Kyungsoo. Kai was getting frustrated as each second passed. Chanyeol's cheesy pick-up lines were annoying him and Kyungsoo's small giggles were tearing him apart. He wanted to go up and push Chanyeol away from Kyungsoo but Kai knew he couldn't. Chanyeol has until lunch before it was Kai's turn to approach Kyungsoo. He's regretting accepting the stupid bet.

       "So, I was wondering if you'd like to watch a movie Friday night with me. What do you say Kyungie?" Kai heard Chanyeol ask. Kyungie?! Now Kai was ready to pounce the derpy guy standing a few feet away from him with his back turned to him. Just as he got up to hit Chanyeol the teacher walked in.

       "Alright you rotten kids, class is starting so sit your asses in your seats." Kai his teeth before sitting down, not failing to notice Chanyeol smirking right at him. How in hell is he going to survive the next six days? 

       'Dammit Do Kyungsoo, what have you done to me?' Kai thought as he began to steal glances at the cute wide-eyed boy. Kai let out a frustrated sigh. He can't go on. Right now he doesn't care if Chanyeol gets his extremely expensive car. What Kai wanted now was none other than Do Kyungsoo.

       "I think I've fallen for you Kyungie." Kai whispered softly to himself. He knew what he has to do tomorrow. He has to call off the bet with Chanyeol and confess to Kyungsoo.

       'I hope it all goes well...' Kai thought nervously. He quickly glanced at Chanyeol then at Kyungsoo. He sure is going to have one crappy day tomorrow.

 

 

 

       Kai slowly walked towards Chanyeol. He had spent all night trying to figure out what he was going to say to his best friend/rival. This is the first time either one of them backed out of any of their bets. He didn't want to look weak in front of his friend nor did he want to tell him he fell for the new socially awkward student. Chanyeol wouldn't understand. They are both players who shouldn't even have a clue what love is. But of course after hours of trying to 'court' the new kid, Kai found himslef being slowly attracted to Kyungsoo. Soon enough he found himself blushing each time they made any sort of physical contact. He knew that in the end Kyungsoo was going get hurt if the bet continued. If Kyungsoo fell for Chanyeol, he would ony be left heartbroken since Chanyeol would just push him away. If Kai ended up winning, Chanyeol would just tell Kyungsoo he was just a part of their bet, something Chanyeol does when he loses. He has to end the bet now, even if it means looking weak and pathetic.

       "Chanyeol, I'm calling off the bet." Kai quickly said as he slammed Chanyeol's locker shut. He wasn't surprised when he found Chanyeol flirting with one of his admirers. Kai glared at the poor guy until he quickly scurried off. Chanyeol raised a brow at his best friend/rival.

       "What do you mean you're calling off the bet? We have five days left until Kyungsoo picks to either date me or you? Unless... You're scared you're gonna loose!" Kai inwardly rolled his eyes. Right now he could care less what Chanyeol thought his motive for backing out was. Kai simply shrugged his shoulders before reaching into his pocket and handing Chanyeol his car keys.

       "Here you win the bet. You were the closest on having Kyungsoo falling for you." Kai said bluntly.

       "What bet? Closest on having me fall for Chanyeol?" Kai widen his eyes as he heard that all too familiar voice. Kai turned around to find an angry Kyungsoo. Before Kai could speak he felt a sharp pain on his jaw.

       "I was just part of your stupid bet?! So this whole time you two have been taking me out on dates, it was a part of a stupid bet?" Kai stared at the floor, too ashamed to even look at Kyungsoo. He wanted to tell Kyungsoo he loved him but the words wouldn't come out. He deserved the punch. He definitely deserved it. Chanyeol was also silent, most likely feeling no emotion out of this. It was normal for them to have their past 'toys' come up and confront them. But this was different, well at least to Kai. He had just hurt the one he loves. Kai allowed Kyungsoo to continue to rant off and shove him. He was hating himself. If only he hadn't accepted that stupid bet.

       "I hate you both!" Kyungsoo shouted before storming off. Kai felt his heart shatter. He let the tears that he had been holding back fall. That was it. Kyungsoo hated him and he has no chance of getting him back.

       "Well that was annoying." Chanyeol said before glancing at Kai. "Yah, Kim Jongin are you alright?"

       "Just shut up." Kai coldly replied before storming off. He couldn't take it anymore. Even if he does get rejected, he will confess to Kyungsoo. It was now or never. Kai began to walk towards the one place he knew Kyungsoo would be at. Kai hurriedly ran to the roof of the school, finding Kyungsoo silently sobbing not far from the door. Kai quietly closed it and walked towards the crying boy.

       "Stay the hell away from me Jongin" Kyungsoo managed to say. Kai ignored him and continued to approach him. He then stood face to face with Kyungsoo. Before Kyungsoo could utter a word, Kai crashed his lips onto his. The kiss lasted three secondsbefore Kai pulled away. Shock was written all over the other boy's face. Kai smiled softly, finding a shocked Kyungsoo cute.

       "While you think that all the things I did or said were just for the bet, I'm here to tell you they're not. I love you Do Kyungsoo. I really love you." Kai stated before pulling Kyungsoo into a warm embrace only to be pushed away.

       "How can I trust you? How do I know you're not just fooling around right now and later push me away?" Kyungsoo's words were like a slap to the face. Kai inhaled deeply and exhaled before thinking. Kyungsoo watched Kai carefully. Then a smile crept on Kai's face. Kyungsoo arched a brow, curious on what the boy was smiling about.

       "Fourteen days. Give me fourteen days to gain your trust. After that you can either accept me as your boyfriend or reject me like you did now." Kai said. 

       "You nust really like these kind of things. Aish whatever fine! Though I highly doubt I'll ever trust you again Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo said coldly.

       "We'll see about that in fourteen days Kyungie." Kai said before pecking Kyungsoo on the cheek and running off to a oid being hit. Kyungsoo stood there dumbfounded before coming back to his senses. He cannot let Kai win this bet. 


A/N: Yeah I know ten minutes after the deadline. I'm sorry for those who were expecting a chapter. Certain events prevented us to be able to write the next chapter. Next week will be a double update, we promise so look foward to two new chapters. For now just read this small one shot I wrote. This is actually a small scene for my KaiSoo story that I'm writing and will hopefully upload in at least a month! Well this penguin must sleep. Once again apologies to those who were waiting for a new chapter!