Chapter 5

Best Friends's Fantasy

 

Another date gone perfect. For the past few months he and Sehun were inseparable. Thinking back to their very first date kept Tao’s childish brain busy while he waited for this new roommate that he dreaded. His roommate's bags were already in the room beside what used to be his gege's bed. He only had to wait for his new roommate to finally reveal himself to him. No one could be as awesome as Donghae, it scared Tao to be with someone he doesn’t know well. He looked around the now seemingly empty room that used to be filled with so much laughter and happiness with random broken Chinese and Korean that flew around the room. Tao smiled at the happy memories that he kept close to his heart, when he didn’t know if he would be accepted at this new school and seeing that they did made him happy. The panda’s phone vibrated and he flung towards the bed and unlocked his phone.
​‘Meet me in the café across the street. –Sehun’ The boy nodded to himself and grabbed his Gucci bag that he took to Lotte world- the one that still had the scent and ownership of Kris and walked towards the café.
 
​​​​*Hours before*
 
​Luhan looked at Kris with a smug look on his face that matched the evil grin on Kris’ face. If you looked closely you could almost see the gears in their minds slowly turning and creating something so sinister that you almost couldn’t believe.
​“So what do you have in mind Luhan? I don’t really see you as the evil type so this should be amusing.” Kris folded his hands under his chin and rested like that looking at the boy who seemed almost happy to work with Kris- yet who wouldn’t.
​“It can’t be something too evil, we still need them to like us at the end of the day; but I don’t want to hold back on them.” The shorter looked around the café scanning the room in hopes of no over hearing ears. Luhan looked back at Kris and grinned.
​“I see the thing is I have access to Tao as much as I want- I live with him- and you live with Sehun. We need to keep them apart, divide and conquer. The longer Sehun is away from Tao either he will love my panda more or he will slowly start to like you.” Kris continued in Chinese, Luhan nodded seemingly surprised by the attitude and smarts that changed the happy atmosphere to something more serious and almost death causing. “I think you can pretty much read Sehun by now and that’s something good, we can use that.”
​“And you can read Tao?” Luhan questioned that man who seemed beyond serious. Kris only rolled his eyes as though that was the most stupid question he had ever heard. He secretly felt his heart tear a little, if he could read Tao so well then why couldn’t he have seen the break up coming? Why did it break his heart so damn much? “Please, continue.”
​“I can figure out if Tao still likes me by one thing.” Kris confessed confidently. The shorter looked at him with questioning eyes that seemed far from understanding. “If he still has that Gucci bag and couple chain I bought him on our first anniversary then I know for a fact that I still have a chance. I’m not only doing this for me you know. I want to help you win back that kid.”
​“Don’t call him ‘that kid’ he’s more than that to me Kris.” Luhan threatened and Kris understood he would feel the same way if someone talked about Tao like that.
​“For now we shouldn’t do anything, just tell Sehun to meet him at the café in two hours and I’m sure he will bring Tao along with him. All I need to see is if he has the stuff I gave him and once I get that information I will go to the dorm and unpack.” Kris reached across the table and held on to Luhan’s hand. “I don’t want you to do anything that makes you uncomfortable, but I thank you a lot for helping me get my baby back.”
​Luhan felt the air shift into a happier place and he could breathe at ease again. When he looked at Kris he could see the pain and hurt in his eyes that he knew so well of, he has felt that pain too and he knows how much it hurts. How it hurts to love someone so much yet them leave you as though you were absolutely no one to them. That pain was so fresh in their minds that it made both of them bitter and angry men who easily grew angry at the simplest things. When Luhan looks at Kris he sees a person that is stronger than you could ever imagine- rather mentally than physically- someone who knew the way people thought and reacted and used it against them. He saw someone he wished he could almost be like.
​On the other hand when Kris looks at Luhan he sees someone who feels the same heart breaking, breathe taking, building shattering pain that he feels too. He sees someone who loves with his whole heart and would willingly and freely let go of his life for the person he loves.
 
 
​​​​*Present time*
 
​The two boys walked hand in hand as they made their way to the café that Luhan had told them to go to. Sehun didn’t question Luhan, he never had a reason to question him before so why would he now. When they arrived they looked for Luhan who sat alone at the table that he used to be with Kris except now Kris was hiding getting ready to see the truth or to hide for life.
​“Hey how are you guys?” Luhan greeted happily thinking of some sort of way to let Kris see the bag that Tao had on.
​“I’m good, just been waiting for my new roommate. How could Donghae just leave me like that? After I’ve loved him so much he can’t just betray me and sleep with someone else!” Tao fell into his seat in dramatic slow motion that everyone laughed at.
​Kris waited by the door trying to get a good look at the bag that he couldn’t seem to focus on. ‘Who is Donghae? What does he mean all the love he gave? Why is Tao so damn hot? I just want to the living out of him.’ He thought to himself as he waited. He quickly motioned for Luhan to turn Tao’s back towards the door. Gladly Luhan did as he was told and that’s when Kris lost it. He was so happy.
​He smiled at Luhan than ran to his dorm throwing the door open and slamming it shut. He needed to get everything away before Tao showed up, it needed to look just like his own room looked. As fast as he could with shaky hands he began to fold and neatly put away his clothes in the drawers and closet space that was left from the move out. Kris rushed to the bathroom and flung his towel right next to Tao’s and began to spread out his multiple bottles of face creams and face wash on to the sink and the small mirror closet. Next he pulled out his bed spread and made his bed the way that Tao liked and began to display his stuffed animals. Of course he brought along Ace his most beloved plushy out of all of them. And right next to Ace he placed a stuffed panda that Tao had bought him on their second date.
​By the time the door slowly opened Kris was falling asleep, he had been waiting since he ran home (four hours ago) for Tao to come back to the dorm and although he had rehearsed what to say when he saw Tao he couldn’t seem to make words fall from his mouth- he was completely speechless.
​“Hello is anyone home? It’s me, Tao your roommate!” Tao called from the other side of the door before opening. Kris smiled; he didn’t know Tao could speak Korean so well.
​“Welcome back home Tao.” Kris greeted as Tao walked into the room. Tao nearly let his jaw hit the ground.
​“W-w-what are you doing here Yi Fan?” Tao slammed the door shut in disbelief. Mixed feeling swam in the pit of his belly and he didn’t know which feeling to act from. Anger, love, confusion, happiness, lust and so on.
​“I came back for you ZiTao.” Kris simply whispered as he let his long arms wrap around the younger ones waist pulling him in close.  
 
 
A/N: Hello everyone it is Baby Panda and I am here to say hello and I have news for you all. I will be leaving for a mission’s trip (going with my church down to Vermont to do things- I come from religious background) and I’m leaving this Wednesday and I won’t be back till Sunday night. I’m just finishing up the next chapter for you guys and I hope to have it up tomorrow the latest so that penguin can write at least two chapters for you guys on Wednesday to make up for the lack of posting. And it was me who wrote this chappy. ​
Love you all, comment, subscribe, upvote and good luck to everyone who starts school soon!
 
A:N: Hola! It's me the one and only Penguin! I also have some news! Due to a last minute transfer to a private school, this Penguin starts school earlier than she should be! :'( That means I must work harder since Panda will be on her mission trip to write as many chapter as possible since I enter before her! Also I apologize for that short unexpected hiatus! I've been slowly preparing for school. So please go easy on this newbie >.< also good luck to those in school and entering school! STUDY HARD!!!!