Chapter 3

Best Friends's Fantasy

 

 

       Tao smiled as he heard a knock on the door. He had been waiting all week for this day and it was finally here! He ran to the bathroom and sprayed on some of DongHae’s cologne and took a deep breath before opening the door. Before him stood a very adorable looking blonde who wore tight light blue shirt and blue skinny jeans. Although it may have seemed that he just randomly threw on some clothes, that was not the situation. He spent more than half of the morning trying to fix his hair to ‘match his hair’. His stylist Luhan was no help at all. He hated the idea of Sehun going out on a date alone with Tao, why was it Tao and not him instead? It actually broke his heart to have to help his best friend get dressed for a date that he was so against. Luhan actually hid in the bathroom to cry alone because he was so heartbroken.

       “You look amazing Sehun.” Tao admitted with a shy smile. Sehun looked over the clothes that Tao had chosen and smiled. Tao decided on a white shirt that had a big red heart on it with a black biker jacket and a pair of black skinny jeans that hugged his perfectly.

       “Are you ready?” Sehun asked with a bright smile. Tao nodded quickly before running back inside his dorm room to grab his favorite designer bag that he got in China and his key. He didn’t even realize that he had chosen the bag that Kris had bought him for their anniversary or the little heart chain that they both got to go on their bags. A couple chain that neither of them had the heart to take off.

       “Where are we going Sehun?” Tao asked as they hopped into the train behind Sehun who was leading them. The older noticed that the younger was extremely bouncy and flirty today compared to how he normally was.

       “It’s a surprise panda~” Sehun sang as he leaned in close to Tao then quickly moved away. Tao’s heart clenched. He didn’t like the way someone else called him panda, panda was always Kris’ thing. The anger quickly subsided when Sehun took hold of Tao’s hand and slithered his fingers between Tao’s holdings on to him tightly. He found it extremely cute how Sehun blushed and giggled when Tao squeezed Sehun’s hand. The train ride was rather long. People piled in and people filed out but it didn’t seem to bother the love struck boys who sat beside each other hand in hand. Actually it didn’t seem to bother anyone really, most of the girls nearly died when they saw the two hot boys acting all cute with each other.

       After two hours of just sitting Sehun tugged on Tao’s arm lightly signaling to him that it was time to get off of the train. Tao followed the blonde as he led them through the massive amount of people at the train station. The two boys walked out of the station and walked down the streets until they reached the beginning of a rather long line to the place Tao had wanted to see the most. Lotte World. The younger turned to his panda and smiled as Tao began to smile brightly. It had been such a long time since Tao had smiled with genuine happiness that today felt like a dream to the boy who dreamed of taking Kris to this place.

       The crowd of people and the screams of joy made Tao feel ten years younger. It was like that rush he gets whenever someone took him out shopping. Everything was so much fun, the rides and all the little stores that had cute little things everything was just like Tao had imagined it but ten times better. Tao was having so much fun by himself that he almost forgot about the little boy who brought him to the wonderful place.

       “Sehun-ah, this place is amazing!” Tao sang as he jumped around in the middle of the amusement park,

       “I’m glad you like it here Tao. I heard that you’ve never been here so I thought this would be the perfect place for our first date.” He blushed as he laced his fingers with Tao’s.

       “This is perfect Sehun, thank you for this.”

       After hours of playing around and spending money on things they both didn’t need they left the park to make it home on the last train of the day. They had been at the park for the entire day and they were dead tired. Tao let Sehun fall asleep against him while they took the two hour long trip back. He hated to wake up the little boy but he had no other choice, he couldn’t even pick him since his bag already weighed him down.

       “Sehun-ah~ Wake up babe. It’s time to go home, wake up.” The panda sang as he ran his fingers through the blonde hair that he grew to love. He waited as the boy slowly stirred awake; Tao had to admit that the boy looked down right beautiful like that. With hair all messed up and puffy checks that hinted of pink. He was beautiful and Tao slowly began falling deeper for this boy that had a poker face.

       “Carry me back~” He yawned before slumping against Tao’s back pushing the bag off Tao’s back and placing it on his own. It seemed like Tao had no other way to bring this boy back so he carried the boy back to campus. After walking back all the way back to campus Tao was exhausted beyond belief and if anyone was around he was willing to ask for help to bring him back.

 

*With the other kingkas*

       Luhan sighed as he sat next to Baekhyun. While the two maknaes of the group were on their date, the others decided to meet up and watch a movie in Kai's and Lay's dorm. Of course Luhan wasn't paying attention to the movie, he was too upset. He really wished it were him who was on a date with Sehun, not the guy Sehun just met for almost three weeks ago. For all he knew, Tao could just be playing with Sehun.

       'Stop thinking that way Luhan!' Luhan mentally scolded himself. He knew Tao was a good kid, he would never hurt Sehun. It just really angered Luhan that Sehun chose him, Tao a guy who barely knew over him, a guy he's known for years now! Luhan's crush was so obvious yet Sehun was so oblivious he didn't even noticed the hints Luhan sent him. Everyone pitied Luhan. Even if he did hate the fact that his best friend and crush was dating, he still helped him. His friends each have been there when Luhan secretly cried. Each of them comforted him, even the players of the group. Seeing someone as nice as Luhan help the one he loves woo the new guy while he suffered was heartbreaking.

       “Luhan-ah, are you okay?” Luhan heard Baekhyun ask. It was then he realized he was crying. Luhan quickly wiped his face with the sleeve of his sweatshirt before nodding. Maybe it was time for him to finally stop fantasizing the day Sehun would be his and start to move on. He knew if continued like this, his depression would just worsen.

       Luhan silently observed his best friends. Kai was sitting rather close to the television along with Chanyeol. Baekhyun was 'secretly' stealing glances at Chanyeol. Luhan silently giggled. He knew Baekhyun had a crush on Chanyeol. He just hopes that Baekhyun wouldn't end up like him, a lovesick boy trying to help his crush capture the heart of another. Luhan continued to observe. Suho was silently watching while Lay was leaning his head on his shoulder. Another little secret crush. Lay, a major player along with Kai, had a crush on Suho. Sadly Suho was straight and had a girlfriend. Luhan could only imagine being in Lay's position. He knew why Lay was a player, to grab Suho's attention. Sadly it didn't work. Luhan sighed. So much one-sided relationships. Just like his. Luhan then caught something from the corner of his eye. Chen and Xuimin were cuddling. Luhan curiously observed. Everyone knew Chen likes Xuimin. The only thing was that Xuimin was dating Tao's roommate DongHae and Suho, who happened to be Xuimin's cousin, disapproved of Chen since he was a troublemaker. The troll put a bunch of dead mice in In Soo's car! Luhan frowned. While he went on and only focused on his problems, he never noticed that his best friends had their own problems to deal with.

       'I really should stop thinking about myself...' Luhan thought as he took one last look at his friends before focusing on the movie. Well, he tried. Later that night when he returned to his dorm, he found Sehun already sleeping on his bed. Luhan sighed once again. He has been sighing too much. Luhan walked towards the sleeping beauty before kissing his forehead.

       'Starting tomorrow, I'll try to move on.' Luhan thought to himself before changing and going to his own bed to rest.

 

Four Months Later...

                                        *Kris P.O.V*

       How could ZiTao just leave me like this? How could he just walk out of my life and not even turn back to look at me one last time, not even hug me one last time? Does he think that our relationship was a joke? Did he ever really love me the way I loved him? Ugh, I slumped on to my bed and fished out my phone which still had the picture of me and my panda on the screen. How could I stop loving him, no not that; how did I start to love someone like him? Was finding him a blessing or was it just a curse?

       “Mom, I’m moving to South Korea. I’ll be by tomorrow to gather my things.” I spoke softly not wanting to let others over hear me. I waited for my mother’s reaction, but she didn’t say anything. It wasn’t like I expected her to scream and cry for me not to go but this silence was something I didn’t like. It was as if I could hear the gears in her head turning looking for something to say.

       “Are you going to look for ZiTao?” My mother asked with a kind soft voice. I nodded as though she could see me. “Do you think this is something you should do?” She questioned again.

       “Yes mother. While I am there I will be going to a boarding school in Seoul and continuing my education. I’ve already got accepted and now all I have to do is show up.” I answered politely. I knew everything she was going to ask and I had all the answers planned out.

       “Will you be working?”

       “If the school says I can work then I will find a job but if it doesn’t allow it then I won’t.”

       “Do you love Tao or are you just angry at him for leaving you behind?” She breathed softly. I in a breath; I myself haven’t had the answer for that. I loved him but after he broke up with me I was just angry and I don’t know where the anger came from but I knew that no matter how far away he was from me I didn’t want a single man to put one hand on my Tao.

       “I love him mom… I need to go get him.” I felt my throat tighten around the words I needed to say, I love him and I don’t want to be away from him, I don’t want anyone to touch him. I want to be the only on by his side and I don’t care about who I have to hurt to get to him.

       “I love you Yi Fan. Take care of yourself while you are away; promise me you will stay safe.” My mother whispered and I could hear the tears in her voice. I didn’t want to hurt my mother but I know she doesn’t want to see me hurt either and being with Tao makes me happy and she wants me to be happy I know that.

       “I love you too mom, don’t worry about me. Just take care of yourself; I’ll see you tomorrow.” I hung up quickly knowing that my words will have brought pain to my mother.