Prologue

Best Friends's Fantasy

      Kris and Tao walked along the sidewalk of the busy streets of the neighborhood in which they lived in for the most part of their lives. The two walked side by side, their arms barely touching which confused Kris. Normally when they were on their usual dates, Tao would cling to his arm. Of course being the good boyfriend he was he didn’t questioned Tao’s actions feeling as if he were to do so he would just end up worsening his boyfriend’s mood. The two walked in silence with only the noise of cars passing by and the chattering of the residents of the neighborhood who also happened to take a stroll in the cool summer night. Time to time Kris would take glances at Tao. Normally his panda would be very talkative, but for the past week it was just silence and nervous glances. Sick and tired of the awkward tension between the two, Kris decided to speak up.

      “Panda, is something wrong?” Tao jumped at the sound of his lover’s deep voice. He had been so caught up in his thoughts he forgot he was on a date with Kris.

       “A-ah no, don’t worry.” Tao managed to say. He returned his gaze to the ground, watching each step he took. ‘Should I tell him?’ Tao thought as he walked, ‘If I don’t, he’ll probably do something like follow me and most likely hate me to the core but if I do tell him, would he understand?’

       “Tao, seriously are you okay?” Kris asked once more, “You haven’t been yourself all week.”

       ‘Way to make it not so obvious Zitao’ Tao thought sarcastically, ‘though, now can be my chance to tell him… I just hope he’ll take it well…’

       Tao stopped walking with Kris following his actions. Tao kept his gaze on the floor, but then slowly moved from Kris’s shoes to his pants to his shirt and finally his soft gaze. He swallowed the lump in his throat. This was it, the moment he dreaded the most…

       “Kris, t-there’s been something I’ve been meaning to tell you.” Tao finally spoke, “This is rather…hard for me to say…”

       “It’s okay Panda, you can always trust me.” Kris reassured which made Tao feel even worse. Why did he have to be such a good boyfriend to Tao?

       “My father’s company is expanding to South Korea.” Tao blurted out. Tao felt his vision blur with hot tear ready to be let loose. He took his gaze off of Kris. To his shock, he felt Kris’s strong arms embracing him.

       “That’s great Tao!” Kris exclaimed, “I don’t know why you see that as bad news though. You had me scared there for a second Pan-”

       “Kris stop.” Tao commanded as he pushed him off. Though he didn’t want to, Tao knew the only way to tell Kris was to be rude. Tao then took a quick glance at Kris who wore a look of confusion.

       “Panda, what’s wr-”

       “Kris, I’m moving.” Tao finally said. Those three words were like a slap to the face for Kris. Before he could questioned any longer, Tao turned his back to him.

       “We should break up.” Those were the last words from Tao before he went running off leaving a confused and heartbroken Kris. Kris wanted to chase after him, but his feet were glued to the ground. All he could do was cry, but one thing he didn’t know was that as Tao began running, tears rolled down his face as well.

 

 

 

       “Flight 18 to Seoul, South Korea is boarding in fifteen minutes.” Tao heard as his last memory of Kris replayed in his mind. He reached for his suitcase as he saw his father motioning him to follow him to the gate. Each step he took, it felt like he was being stabbed repeatedly in the heart. His break up with Kris had been six days ago and for those six days they avoided each other.  It was complete hell for Tao. He never wanted to leave Kris’s side he loved him too much to leave him. Ever since his father announced their move to South Korea, the same thoughts lingered in his mind. Why couldn’t one of his workers go instead? Why couldn’t his uncle who was well experienced with the business that goes on in the company go? Why couldn’t he let Tao stay with a friend in the meantime while he dealt with the business?

       “Aren’t you excited Tao? You’ve always wanted to go to Seoul haven’t you?” His father asked as they showed the flight attendants their tickets.

       ‘I have, but not like this. Not without my Kris.” Tao thought as he stepped into the plane, his new life. A life without Kris.

 


A/N: Hello everyone! This is Lt.Penguin! As Panda-unnie said, this is my first story and since I'm not that confident with my writing skills, I asked her to do a collabaration. Thanks to her suggestions and ideas (we were doing this instead of school work >.<') I was able to type this :P. Interesting fact: this idea of an EXO story popped in my head while eating Chinese food -.-'' Moving on, please read, review and subscribe. I almost forgot! Thank you to those who have already subscribed! I'll try do my best to make this story a good one!

-LP (Though in the foreward Panda-unnie introduced me as Tiny Penguin so either one is fine!)