CHAPTER 02

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 02

NICHKHUN

Leave it to my best friend to make situations more awkward; after Taec left the room I muster all my courage to apologize for my actions last night, I owe it to her.

“I’m sorry” I said, I’m sure she didn’t see that one coming. “I’m sorry for what I did last night, I know I step out of the line, I even hurt you and accuse you of something so foolish.”

“I understand you’re just worried about her” I can see no emotions on her face, I don’t know if she’s angry or not.

“She said you fought the guys who tried to abduct her” I couldn’t imagine how she fought those guys with her slim and fragile body.

The doors suddenly open and two guys came rushing in beside her, one instantly rush to Victoria’s side and gave her a bone cracking hug while the other sat on the foot of her bed.

“Do not scare me like that ever again you understand?” the guy said when she releases her from the hug.

“Donghae, she’ll be dead by the time you let go of her” the other one said smiling, I just stood there watching the scene unfold then I was introduced to them.

“Nichkhun I’d like you to meet my brother Lee Donghae and his best friend Wu Chun, this is my friend Nichkhun Horvejkul” Donghae is the exact male version of Victoria but what surprised me most is that she introduced me to them as her friend, the fact that I never treated her like on in the first place doesn’t really put me into that category but still she did.

“Hello, my name is Nichkhun Horvejkul it’s a pleasant meeting you both” for a moment, I thought her brother glared at me but he was already smiling and extended a hand for a handshake.

“Nice meeting you, I hope my sister didn’t give you too much trouble, she can be very difficult some times.”

“Thank you for taking care of  her, the nurse at the station said you and another friend stayed with her since last night” Chun said he looks familiar and I think I already saw him somewhere just can’t remember where.

“I’ll go ahead and look for Taec, I’m sure you’re all tired and want to rest” I said collecting my things.

“Actually Nichkhun, we we’re wondering if we could ask you to stay with her for another hour or two, there’s something Chun and I would like to take care of” Donghae said I look at Victoria and she’s looking at the two of them her forehead creased obvious that she’s worried about something. “We really want to know how she’s doing so we went straight here from the airport.”

“Sure, I’ll stay with her until you get back.”

“Great! We’ll be back as soon as we can” Donghae said and kissed Victoria on the cheeks and walk towards the door; he took out his phone and called someone his face serious.

“Chun” she sounds worried about something.

“Don’t worry I’ll look after him” he jumps off the bed went to Victoria’s side and kissed the top of her head and followed Donghae outside.

“Victoria” I said, her face still anxious by her brother’s sudden departure. “I haven’t exactly been a friend to you from the start and I don’t want you to think that I’m doing all this just because I’m guilty or I’m forced but I want you to know that whatever that is bothering you right now you can tell me about it… it can lessen the burden even a bit.”

“Do you have any lead about the abductors?” she asks.

“Some of the bystanders manage to knockout one of the men who tried to take you and Jieun, he said he’ll only talk if we can secure his and his family’s safety.”

“So did he say who’s behind the kidnapping?”

“Did the girls tell you how the seven of us became friends?” she shook her head. “When we were eight our families attended a charity event, that’s the first time all seven of us saw each other. During the event a kid about my age introduced himself to me, he said he was lost and he was asking if I could help him look for his parents in the crowd, I remember helping him go around until we reach the garden, then someone covered my mouth and then I passed out.”

I look at her and she’s very absorbed with the story.

“When I woke up, I found myself locked into storage room together with six other kids from the party.”

“Soeun and the others” she whispered, I nodded.

“I remember Jieun couldn’t stop crying, Wooyoung and Soeun were trying really hard to make her stop it took a while but she did, she cried herself to sleep” it was very hard remembering that nightmare but I want her to understand where I’m coming from so I continue telling her about it.

“Do you have any idea how rich our families are?” she shook her head. “All our families own a very bountiful amount of net worth because of the business we have with the exception of Junho and Wooyoung, both their parents are doctors but came from very well respected and rich families. As the night deepens Taec and I tried to look for means to escape, we had our chance to escape when our abductors went leaving only one of them to after us, luckily the guy was stupid enough to fall asleep and we miraculously picked the lock and open the door. We all ran for our lives until we reach the freeway and hitch a ride with a family who was kind enough to stop for us. They drop us to the nearest police station and called our families from there. From then on it the seven of us were inseparable. Because of that incident, I have never trusted anyone with my friend’s safety and my own.”

“So that’s the reason why.”

“But I promise I will try to make it up to you.”

“So does that mean you won’t be mean and cold to me anymore?”

“When you save Jieun last night, you did not only save her but save the rest of us as well. If those guys were able to get her I don’t know what mental break down all of us could have. I’m thank and angry at the same time that you’re with her” she look offended. “Don’t get me wrong, what I mean is, I’m thankful you’re there to protect her and I’m angry at the same time not at you but at those scumbags that hurt you. No one hurt my friends” I said putting emphasis on the last sentence.

“Your friends are very lucky to have you” she said.

“Of course you are” I said.

“Am I your friend?” she asks.

“Didn’t you tell your brother and his friend you were?” I said smiling at her.