CHAPTER 14 - The Third Brother

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 14

The Third Brother

 

QIAN

"I'm sorry for being late, I had an emergency at the hospital."

"Oppa!"

"Aigoo, how's my baby sister doing?".

"I'm okay oppa, I should be the one asking you that, look at yourself, I think you lost some weight the last time we saw each other."

"I'm okay princess, just a little tired that's all."

"I wish Lei's here with us, it's already a long time since we all meet each other like this" I sadly said.

"Don't worry princess, everythings going back to normal you'll see" Heechul oppa comforted me, then I received a text from Max that the others are already looking for me.

"I should go now, my friends are already looking for me" I said and turn to my parents to kiss them goodbye.

"Friends? Hyung said Max is in town but I didn't know Tiffany's here too" Siwon oppa said sitting down beside Mama and Papa, growing up I've been used to calling him and Donghae with their Chinese names, Yuan and Lei.

"No Yuan, our princess here made new friends" Teukie oppa said.

"You mean those people that caused her to almost die just months ago" Siwon said sharply.

"Oppa" I said, the atmosphere inside the room suddenly grew tensed. Siwon oppa is a neurologist at Seoul Medical where me and Jieun was confined before. "Oppa, it's not their fault" I said trying to defend my friends.

"Of course it's not their fault, it's also not Mr. Hovervejkul's fault that he slap you in front of the emergency room while you're almost bleeding out to death" he said seething in anger.

"Yuan stop that" Papa said, my family knows very well about the incident and I already explained it to them, at first they were also mad at Nichkhun but when I explained the situation they understood the situation and let it pass but not Yuan. Among our three elder brothers, Lei and I were more close to Yuan, maybe because we followed him in the order of birth and he spoils us too much. Leeteuk oppa as the eldest had the burden or growing up early and take his place in the company; Heechul oppa is a little different, he didn't work in the company but instead he thrive to be a businessman-restaurateur in his own right and now owning numerous restaurants in the country and other countries as well; Yuan oppa took a coomplet opposite path, he became a doctor. Unlike Teukie and Heechul oppa who were introduced when they turned exactly 23, Yuan's introduction was slightly delayed, it was only two years ago after having masteral degree and specialization that Papa formally introduced him by that time, he already made a name for himself and proven his abilities to many people earning respect and admiration. In our case, it could be a little diffent since Lei decided to follow Yuan oppa's footsteps.

 

I went back to our table at the same time the food arrive, everyone was chatting animatedly about the restaurant and the menu, I notice Nichkhun taking no part of the conversation.

"You okay?" I ask slipping in between him and Max, he just nodded. A few minutes after we started eating, Heechul oppa came to our table.

"Max I'm glad  you and your friends could make it" he said.

"Of course hyung, wouldn't miss this for anything, by the way these are Victoria's friends" he said and started introducing them to him. "These lovely ladies are Lee Jieun and Kim Soeun" he smiled at them. "Lee Junho, Jang Wooyoung, Hwang Chansung and from earlier Nichkhun Horvejkul."

"It's was very nice meeting all of you..."

"Hyung" I almost spit out my drink when I heard the voice.

"Siwon" oppa aknowledge Yuan oppa's arrival.

"Hello hyung" Max said waving a hand to him, he's obviously enjoying watching me get jumpy and tense all night.

"You kid, how dare you not show yourself at home" he said slapping Max's head, ha! Serve's you right.

"Hyung" he groans massaging his head, everyone at the table tried to stop themselves from laughing.

"Siwon, you remember Victoria, right? Max's bestfriend and these are her friend from school" Heechul oppa said and started introducing them one by one, I didn't fail to notice how cold he was when oppa introduced Nichkhun, he just nodded and talk to oppa immediately, under normal circumstances I would be really pissed off with his rough attitude but since I know where this rudeness is coming from, I let it slide.

"Hyung, Mama and Papa is going already" they excuse themselves and started walking back to the private dining rooms

"Are you and hyung going too?" I heard Heechul oppa asks while walk back to the room.

"No, hyung and I decided to stay for a while" I heard Yuan oppa answer. "Besides I'm feeling friendly tonight."

I curse under my breath, Yuan oppa being friendly in this kind of situation is not good at all. I suddenly wish Lei was here to help me. 

 

 

How's the story so far?? Love to hear from you readers!! :)