CHAPTER 09

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 09

 

NICHKHUN

“Okay I promise" she said, here goes nothing. I hold her firmly by the shoulders, pulled her close and kissed her on the forehead; I slipped inside the car and rolled down the window.

"Merry Christmas Victoria Lee" I said and drove away.

"Honey what happened to your face?" my mom asks when I sat down for Christmas Eve Dinner.

"It's nothing mom" I assured her.

"Oppa!" I heard my sister bouncing down the starcase. "I thought you're bringing your girlfriend for dinner" she sat down beside mom after giving a kiss to everyone.

"When did I tell you that?" for a ten year old girl, she talks like an adult already.

"Because I always see you smiling lately" she said as a matter of factly.

"I don't even have one."

"Really? I thought the beautiful lady you send home every afternoon is your girlfriend" my eyes widen in surprise.

"How did you?"

"That's okay oppa, she's really beautiful and looks really nice" she cuts me off "I don't mind if she becomes my unnie."

 

QIAN

"Merry Christmas Victoria Lee" Nickhun said and drove off.

"Song Qian" I saw shadow move behind and saw a familiar figure emerge.

 

"Dad couldn't come so he asked me to fill in for him" Max explains his sudden arrival.

"That's great then, you can celebrate Christmas with us!" Lei said giving Chun a high five. "There's no way we're letting you fly back to LA and spend Christmas Eve on air."

"Don't worry I don't plan to and besides Qiannie and I have a lot of things to talk about" I don't like the sound of this, he might have misunderstood what he saw earlier at the parking lot.

"Alright then, since you're staying Chun and I will go down to the distillery first and get us something for tonight. Too bad you couldn't meet Qiannie's friends, I'm sure you'll like them."

"Really? So the rumors are true that Qiannie here gained tons of friends" he said feigning a hurt look, my brother and Chun just laughed, took their jackets and were gone in under a minute.

"So who's the lucky guy?" I knew it! He saw Nichkhun kissed my forehead, dang!

"He's only a friend" I got up from the couch and made my way to the kitchen.

"I don't think so" he followed me inside.

"You always kiss me and Fany, even Chun kiss us in the forehead too."

"Alright, no need to be so worked up" he laughs at me. "Actually I already met him this morning."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm with your boyfriend earlier finishing a business deal" he said as a matter of factly.

"He's not my boyfriend, Nichkhun's just a friend... wait! You met him?"

"Don't worry, I think he's nice."

"Let it go Max" I pleaded.

"Actually I think you two look good together" I rolled my eyes. "He's intelligent, handsome, I think he's a thoughtful person not to mention that guy has a great sense of humour."

"There's nothing going on between us, we're just friends okay, that's it."

"Lie better Qian."

 

Two days after the kissing in the forehead incident, I kept my fair distance with Nichkhun, than goodness it's vacation, I don't know how to react if I spend a minute alone with him in a room.

"Thinking about your prince charming?" Max said slipping on the chair in front and handing me my macchiato. He's been a distraction and annoyance at the same time, his dad gave him a week long vacation and he decided to spend it here with us. I just wish Tiffany's with us so we can spend the holiday together. "Don't worry, I'm sure he's also thinking about you."

"Stop it Max, you know I don't do that kind of thing."

"Correction Qian... you won't" he empasize on the word "there's a big  difference."

I sighed, I'm not denying that my heart felt something different about that kiss; thanks to Tiffany for pointing out the obvious when we talked that night. From then on, I tried to assess my feelings for Nichkhun, indeed I don't feel the butterflies in the stomach and heart pumping moment with the other guys, only with him but I don't want to give too much meaning it.

"Have you ever thought that he might also feel the same?"

"You're watching too much drama Max, I thought you don't like those things?" I .

"Well if it's my bestfriend's love story drama I wouldn't mind" he smiled at me. "Give yourself a chance Qian, maybe you and Nichkhn have a real shot together."

We started rough but Nichkhun has been a great friend to me from then on, he's a gentleman and very sweet to everybody; that's why I don't want to misineterpret everything he do.

"I don't know Max, all I have is this long list of uncertainties but I can't explain what I'm feeling right now."

"That my dear Qian is what you call... love."

 

 

Hi everyone! I hope you like the update :)