CHAPTER 20

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 20

 

NICHKHUN

"Thank you for meeting me in such short notice."

"I thought you guys plan to go back this afternoon."

"They're still at the villa" Donghae looked surprised. "but I decided to go back before them."

"Eyy.. you're too serious... I'm starting to get worried here" now that I look at him closely, I can see their resemblance to their other siblings.

"I know " those magic words surely took all his attention, his eyebrows furrowed slightly and then he smiled like cheshire cat. "You don't look surprised at all."

"When Max left, he said that he might have mentioned our family's story. I know that it wouldn't take much time until you figured out everything."

"I was planning to tell her during the trip but it seems like there's something big is going to happen and I don't want to add more to her burden" Donghae sighed.

"I know you love my sister and I also know that she feels the same way about you but... I want you to decide if you're willing to take the risk.

 

QIAN

"Where's Nichkhun?" I ask when I sat down for breakfast the next day.

"He left early this morning" Taecyeon said. "He said he need to take care of something important back in the city."

I checked my phone for any missed calls or messages but I was disappointed to see none. After breakfast, the group decided to play some beach volleyball - losers will prepare lunch while the winners enjoy and bask under the morning sun. It was late in the afternoon when everyone decided to leave and head back to the city, we'll just stop by the rest area to grab a quick dinner.

The guys dropped us off the at around ten in the evening, I was very exhausted and beat with the long drive that I just want to lie in bed and sleep.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Chun called me, when I turned back I saw his white Audi R8 parked in front. "Your brother wants you back in your place tonight."

"Did he tell you why he suddenly want to sleep there?"

"He just called and told me to send you there tonight and ended the call."

"Do you think he found out about my plans?"

"No idea princess."

 

I stepped out the elevator and was greeted by security.

"Hello David, how are you?" the man clad in dark suit stand up from his post.

"Good evening young miss. I'm doing fine, how about you?"

"Good. Is my brother inside?"

"Yes, he arrived this afternoon with a friend, are the others inside?"

"No, your parents asked them to stay over the main house in preparation for next month."

"I see, thank you David" he nodded and went back to his seat.

 

I got inside the condo and heard the TV inside the kitchen.

"Donghae?" I made my way towards the kitchenn to find my brother and Nichkhun laughing.

"Oh hey, there you are" my brother greeted me. "We're making pancakes, did you have dinner? want some?"

"No thanks, pancakes in the middle of the night?"

"Yup, Nichkhun said he wanted to talk to you so I just invited him over but I think I had enough dose of Nichkhun for today so... I'm going to leave you two so you can talk... and I'm... going... to take these" he took a plate stacked with 6 or 8 pieces, grab a bottle of water and mapple syrup in the fridge and wet out of the kitchen.

 

NICHKHUN

"I'm visiting Thailand next week" I said, she was cupping the cup of coffee in her hands.

"Good for you then" she said. " I thought you're locking yourself inside your office as soon as we graduate."

"I guess I'll be doing that after I got back" she just smiled.

"I'm going back to LA as well, spend a couple of weeks maybe, so I guess we'll see each other when we both get back from vacation."

"I want you to come with me to Thailand."