CHAPTER 08

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 08

 

NICHKHUN

“I’m really sorry for not telling you earlier, I wish we can be introduced in better circumstances” he said. When Tao slipped during lunch all my inside just froze, a few days ago I just overheard Tiffany and Victoria talking about this guy named Max and here he is sitting right in front and sharing coffee time with me. “I hope I did not offend you, I did it because I did not want you think we did business with you because of personal ties.”

“Don’t worry I completely understand” I assured him. “If I were you I would probably do the same.”

“Thanks” he said, ever since we arrive at the coffee shop he seems to be uneasy and always look out the window every other minute.

“Are you expecting someone?” I ask.

“No, are you?”

“Well you keep looking outside the window, I thought you’re expecting Victoria… or Donghae… or Chun… or” then he laughs a little, a genuine laugh but I think there’s still something that’s bothering him.

“To tell you honestly none of them knows I’m in the country… not yet at least. I plan to surprise them tonight but I think that’s not possible because the boys already saw me and I’m pretty sure I’m going to receive a phone call any minute from now.”

“I’m sure Victoria’s going to flip when she sees you...”

“Nichkhun I’m sorry but I should have asked you earlier” he cuts me off.

“Do you by any chance have bodyguards following you around?” I both puzzled and alarmed by his sudden question.

“No, why do you ask?” for second, I detected panic in his eyes then disappeared immediately. “We should go, hurry” I was confused but followed him anyway but instead of making to the main door he signals me to follow him towards the kitchen’s direction then suddenly five men in ski masks carrying guns came rushing inside the restaurant and fired shots, there was chaos and everyone were running through every exits, it looks like the they were looking for someone then Changmin tugs my arm and we exit through the back door to an empty alley at the back of the restaurant. One of the guys chasing us caught my shoulder and slams me against the wall; another man appeared and run towards Changmin. That moment, I was thankful to my parents for convincing me to learn taekwondo, while struggle to fight one man Changmin was having no problem with his two attackers easily dodging their punches and hitting the men back. Another one appeared and runs to me with a knife but before he could reach me a blade came flying from Changmin’s direction and struck his neck, I can’t believe Changmin just threw a blade at someone and directly hits their neck.

“What the hell? Get off me!” I shout in frustration. Changmin knocks both of his assailant’s unconscious while I finally manage to knock mine.

“Where did you learn to fight like that?”

“P.E.?” he said grinning, I’m pretty sure he’s kidding me P.E. classes don’t teach students how to throw a knife.

“Come on let’s get those bruises treated” he said like nothing happened.

 

QIAN

I was having difficulty controlling my heartbeat.

“Careful Tori, you both might melt if you continue to stare like that” Chun said out of nowhere. I can feel my cheeks burning up causing me to turn away from Nichkhun. I just arrived from the market when I saw Nichkhun and my best friend Max sitting side by side in Chun’s living room both holding ice packs in their hands. It turns out the two of them got into a fight in an attempt to kidnap Nichkhun in broad daylight.

“You should have just run away as fast as you can. I can’t believe you two actually took them by yourselves, what if something happens to you, what if you got hurt?” I was blabbering nonsense but I really couldn’t help it, I was dead scared of what might have happen to them during the struggle.

“Says the one who took five thugs and ends up in the hospital” retorts my brother.

“Why are you so sure that those guys are after me and not you?” Nichkhun asks.

“Because those guys obviously wants you to be taken alive, why did you think two of them attacked me at the same time and comes in all out?”

“Before you guys could make any more assumptions I better get you home before Christmas Eve, I’m sure your family is worried sick” I said staying close enough to catch him just in case he looses his balance. “I’ll see you guys later and don’t forget to get the chicken out of the over after thirty minutes okay.”

The elevator ride to the parking lot was awfully quiet, I’m really mad at them for taking those guys on their own.

“You don’t need to send me home; I can just borrow your car and drive it back tomorrow.”

“No, I am taking you home. I’ll be worried sick until I know you reach your house safe” I started blabbering again. “What if those guys were able to follow you here and just waiting outside for you to come out” it was very unlikely of me but I can’t help it. I so tense that I was having trouble with the keys then all of sudden Nichkhun is standing beside me snatching the keys off my hands.

“Hey take it easy will you?” he said and leans on the car, he’s smiling like a goof head.

“Why are you smiling like that, you look ridiculous.”

“Are you sure you want to know?” I just look at him in disbelief, how could he joke around like. “Before I talk promise me you’ll let me finish first before you say anything” I stare at him again. “Come on, just promise me first” he insist.

“Okay I promise.”