CHAPTER 16

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 16

It's one of those special days where security at the Song mansion is on high alert.

"Young Master, Miss" the household help greeted the twins as they stepped out of the car and was ushered inside the house.

"Hello Dorothy" Qian greeted the old lady in front and gave her a hug.

"How are you feeling? Last time we visit, mama said you were brought to the hospital" Lei said after giving the old lady a hug as well.

"We wanted to visit but mama and papa won't allow us" Qian said pounting.

"It's okay young miss, your parents are just looking after your well being" she replied. "Let's go, your brother's are excited to see you."

The two followed her towards the backyard garden where they can already hear their brothers bickering among themselves. Family meals are always special, they are very rare occassions that's why Mr. and Mrs. Song make it to a point that they prepare the food themselves everytime their children are visiting, they prepare, cook and clean together.

"Lei! Qian!" Heechul ran towards them and assaulted them with a big hug.

"Hyung! Can't... breath!" Lei said, trying to escape from Heechul's grasp.

"Hyung, are you trying to kill our babies?" Yuan protested as he place the plate of grilled meat on the table. They saw their eldest brother grilling meat and laughing at his younger siblings.

"Where is mama and papa?" Qian asks.

"Mama is at the kitchen, papa stepped out to buy ice cream and soda" Leeteuk said. "You guys should sit down, we'll eat as soon as papa comes back."

"I'll go help mama in the kitchen!" Lei announced and run inside. After giving each brother a hug, Qian settled on the chair and started nibbling on the cucumber and carrot sticks in front.

'Just a little more' she thought, 'then we'll have as many family lunches and dinners as we want.'

 

After the lunch, the family decided to watch a movie and gather inside their parents room. Mr. Song look at his wife and gave her a smile and squeeze her hand lightly. These moments are hard to come by, especially for their family.

"Nichkhun Horvejkul picked Chun and I at the airport yesterday" Lei suddenly blurt out. "The three of us had a very interesting conversation."

"Isn't he your friend sweetheart?" Mr. Song ask her daughter, she nodded.

"He said he likes Qiannie and asked my permission to court her" everyone stopped on whatever they are doing and look at the youngest Song. "I said yes" Lei said proudly.

"NO!" Yuan was the first one to recover from the shock. "I won't allow that guy to date our sister after."

"Oppa..." Qian glared at her twin, she plan to talk to Yuan alone about this but Lei just have to blurt it out just like that. Mrs. Song hug her only daughter while waiting for her husbands answer.

"Papa, that guy hurt our Qian!"

"Hyung, Nichkhun was really sorry and he never meant to hurt Qian" Lei tried to defend Nichkhun from his brother.

"Song Zhou Lei! You will not defend that bastard who hurt your twin!" Yuan bellowed, the two eldest looked at each other, clearly thinking about what to say. The Horvejkul is a prominent and respectable family in society and business world, they were able to meet the couple in a few occassions and they must admit that they aren't like those stereotype snob and arrogant rich families; they even met Nichkhun personally.

"Yuan" Mr. Song finally spoke. "Son, let your sister decide. I know that your mom and I weren't with you during your growing up years but what we're so happy and proud about is that our children never rebel against us. You all have grown into humble and responsible individuals and that only proves that we can trust your individual decisions."

"Papa" Leetuek rest his hand on his father's shoulder. It's true that their mother and father never got the chance to spend everyday with them during their childhood but they understand the situation and they were thankful that despite all this, their parents strive hard to show and prove their love for them. They're not like those rich families that share dinners together everyday but fight and at each other throats whenever and out to kill each other because of money. They may not see each other during holidays and birthdays but their parents see to it that evertime they're together, they show and let them feel the love and care.

"Honey, do perhaps like him too?" it took a few seconds before she answer with a curtly nod.

"Qian, papa trust you and your mama and brothers are here for you, whatever you decided to do, okay princess?" Qian ran to her father and hug him. "So, should I arrange a family dinner with this young man's family?" she just chuckles as her father genlty wipe the tears from his precious princess' eyes.

"So dear mama and papa, gege's, hyungs... please raise your hand those not in favor for Mr. Horvejkul to court our one and only princess, please raise your hand" Lei said and Yuan's hand was in the air in a flash.

"Teukie hyung! Heechul hyung!" Yuan protested but the two eldest just grinned at the doctor.

"Those in favor for Mr. Horvejkul to court our Qiannie, please raise your hand" Leeteuk, Heechul and Lei's hand shot straight in the air, the five siblings turn to their parents and like shy teenagers, Mr. and Mrs. Song slowly raise their hands. Yuan exploded and was pulling his air out.

"Oh come on doc! I'm can see the guy's sincere and you might even enjoy tormenting our future in-law" Heechul said trying not to laugh at his brother.

"In-law you face Heechul hyung! Qian!" the good doctor turn to their sister. "That guys must prove himself first before you can ever say yes, do you understand me?" she nodded, then Yuan walk-out the room but stepped back in to kiss their parent's goodbye while grumbling about an emergency at the hospital.

 

Lei was raiding the kitchen for food to take home while Qian wait for him at the garden.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Leeteuk stepped out the yard and hand her a cup of coffee. "Are you thinking about what Yuan said ealier?" Qian just smiled and sip her coffee. "You know Lei called me yesterday to tell me about this" she wasn't surprised to know that her twin already informed their gege about the situation, he was their go-to-guy ever since.

"Thank you oppa, I don't know what will happen or how this will go... just... thank you for the support."

"You know Heechul was jumping up and down, he was so happy. He said he caught you guys in outside the door being intimate" Qian look down remembering the incident with her bestfriend and brother. "He said and I quote 'Hyung, you should have seen how that Nichkhun guy looks at our Qiannie, he's looks at her like she's the most fragile and beautiful in the entire universe!' I asked him how did he know and then he answered me 'because that's the same look you have everytime you have with Sora noona!'"

"But I'm scare oppa" she finally admitted. "I'm scared that he might get in the middle of this war."

"I know you'll make the right decision, whatever that is, remember that we're all here for you, okay?"

"Thank you oppa."

 

"Hey, are you still mad I blurt out the courting thing?" Lei asks on the way home.

"No I'm not."

"Then tell gege what's bothering my favorite meimei?" Qian chuckled.

"Zhou Lei, I'm your only meimei."

"Seriously Qian, what's bothering you?"

"What Nichkhun and I have, it's scares me to a point wherein I just want to turn back time to stop it."

"Don't" she look at her twin who's eyes focus on the road ahead. "Just be happy Qian, be happy with the man you love."

 

 

A/N: Thank you for reading! I know you're expecting the party but I just needed to put up this chapter. Thank you so much for the new subscribers and those who put up their comments, I really really really appreciate the comments and the subscriptions dearly! I'll work harder for the next chapter! Thank you very much to all khuntoria's!!!

I know it's kind of silly of me to ask, but maybe you can drop by to the other stories I'm working on:

Mìng yùn (Destiny) - Kris/OC