CHAPTER 06

Can You Be Mine

CHAPTER 06

QIAN

“Thank you” he had said so many things and all I was able to say is a simple ‘thank you.’ I hope he can feel the gratitude and sincerity in those two words.

 

NICHKHUN

After we tuck everyone to bed Victoria and I talked for a while before calling it a night. I really want to beat Chansung for giving me such an absurd idea of avoiding Victoria. When Soeun slipped about the bouquet of black roses Victoria received the other day I know I must do something about it. I tried waking Taec but the giant didn’t even bother to pay attention even when I was hitting him.

“It’s a weekend for crying out loud Khun, we don’t need to go to the office either just let me sleep for a couple of minutes please” the sleepy giant beg me, I gave up my quest to wake him up and went downstairs. I heard voices in the kitchen; I peaked inside and saw Victoria and Tiffany talking seriously.

“Your picture appeared in an article in a university gossip site early this morning, the techs at the company manage to do a damage control but we still don’t have the figures of how many have already read the article.”

“What is important is that the pictures were taken down immediately as for the content of the articles, we can’t do anything about other people’s opinion” Victoria said. “I just wish whoever responsible for uploading that article wouldn’t find out about my relationship with Lei and Chun or else, things around here will be more difficult to handle.”

“Are they even worth the risk?”

“Who?”

“Your new friends, they’re obviously the reason why you always have flat tires, scratched on your car, broken side mirrors and received a bouquet of black roses.”

“How did you…”

“We may be half way around the globe but do you really think we wouldn’t know? Whenever we are talking on the phone I keep on waiting for you to tell me first but Max is right, you absolutely have no intention of telling us.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to worry the two of you; you both have a lot on your plate. To tell you honestly, I was very reluctant at first but after debating it all inside my head I realize my friendship with them is worth all the risk and I’m willing to take the chances that come with it.”

“Skills, you taking a lot of risk being around so many people not to mention very popular ones. For example this Taecyeon Ok, his family owns an airline company and her mom is a famous international lawyer plus his dad said that he and his friends are very popular at school.”

“Taec’s mom is an international lawyer?” Victoria asks her.

“You didn’t know?”

“No idea.”

“You made friends with a group of very rich kids here in Korea and you never bother to know what they’re parents does for a living?”

“I don’t do background check on my friends and we don’t talk that much about families.”

“You’ll be the death of me” Tiffany exclaimed. “Alright, we know for a fact that Taecyeon belongs to one of the elite families in this country his friends for sure belong to the same social status.”

“They’re not the type of people that randomly checks their friend’s bank account and decide whether they can or can’t be friends.”

“Okay they can be an exception” Tiffany replied and started to type something on her phone. “So if what his dad said is true, he and his friends must be all over internet since your friends must be the Mr. and Ms. Popular in school and given the fact that you attracted this much attention, their fan base must be really furious with you. What’s Nichkhun’s last name again?”

“Horvejkul, H-O-R-V-E-J-K-U-L she spells my last name for her” after a few seconds, Tiffany cursed and showed the phone to Victoria.

“I’m starting to think that Max is right that you and Lei have no sense of self preservation at all but if there’s any good thing in this messy situation you gotten yourself into I’m sure he will be thrilled to know that you finally had a change of heart. Do you remember what you said before?” She asks Victoria. “You said having friends will only make you weak and vulnerable when the time comes you need to make an important choice and having me, Max and Chun is enough. I must say, I look forward in meeting the people that change your opinion in this.”

“You of all people must know that I’m willing to leave anytime if I think they’re in any kind of danger because of me.”

“Are you sure you’ll be able to leave them? I saw how devastated you were when we send you off at the airport, you put on a very brave face when you were saying goodbye to us, and I know that it took all your courage to leave but can you do it again knowing that this time you’re going to leave a lot of people behind.”

“The few times Lei and I were able to talk seriously, we both know that the death of us will be the easiest way to solve everything but we also know that if we opted for the easy way, our parents will suffer together with the entire family and the sacrifices of the families and the people that help protect us will be put in vain.”

“Qian, everything will end soon. You and Lei are the last parts of this entire game don’t give up now. Max made me promise to remind you that if you still want to end all of this now, we can and we will” Victoria smiled.

A lot of things started running on my mind, what are they talking about? Why did Tiffany call Victoria Qian? I couldn’t make any sense with the things I just heard but I’m sure it has something to do about Victoria and Donghae’s moving here in Korea.